TB League?

TecmoTurd

You know I'd be game for a TB league.

This sounds awesome but i fear those who would exploit the unstopable curl routes would make a mockery out of the league. Some rule would have to put in place to prevent that from occuring.

Quoted for truth.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fellas, the curl route issue wouldn't be a problem anymore because we can take that play out of the game completely...of course you fellas would probably crush me in a league setting, but I'd be willing to try it. Buck, myself, BoKnows, and MadBrad...4 guys...I think we'd need 6 to make it happen, and to be honest, you'd probably call blasphemy, but I'd prefer an updated ROM league...it'd help even things out (if only a little) as you fellas have all the knowledge of the old game in and out...

I'm in...just need some help setting up Nestopia and stuff.

I think it'd be cool to be able to set our own team default playbooks - at least at the beginning - or maybe give everyone the same plays??? However, I have no idea what plays are good/bad. MadBrad would have to advise a little...

Updated ROM would be fine with me - but I think the ratings should be very similar and spread out like the O.G. TB.

Fellas, the curl route issue wouldn't be a problem anymore because we can take that play out of the game completely...of course you fellas would probably crush me in a league setting, but I'd be willing to try it. Buck, myself, BoKnows, and MadBrad...4 guys...I think we'd need 6 to make it happen, and to be honest, you'd probably call blasphemy, but I'd prefer an updated ROM league...it'd help even things out (if only a little) as you fellas have all the knowledge of the old game in and out...

All that stuff could be discussed. I know another guy who'd be in but he's not very good. Not sure how we'd balance the power. If we get one more guy and you all still want to do this, well discuss details.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I just found another guy who says he wants in, so at minimum, we got:

Turd

Buck

SuperPunch (RBI Leaguer)

Kahouty (RBI Leaguer)

Brad

BoKnows

Provided you can all get setup online, that's enough in my opinion...we should discuss some logistics.

Draft? Full team? Ind. player draft? etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I think a Tecmo Bowl Leauge would be awesome besides the fact that Cam(Bo), Brad and co. would be crushing us the first few games. All we need to explain to new guy not to throw to players who are covered while making a slant/curl/etc under penalty of death, and let them play a few test games to see whats legal or typical. We would either have to have a team rotating system or a draft based on skill level based on pre-season games, much like the current Tecmo Bowl World Championship.

I like the draft idea but I'm starting to like the full team idea. I know of three players at the moment, you, me, and coloradocaps who are setup for online play. If we get anymore whontake telhe initiative to get setup, we can talk about it more.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out of this forum for a while and TecmoTurd sent me a PM to say what's up...been busy with job stuff and an 8-9 month old. So I've been out of the game/forum for quite some time now. I was recently given a top loader with three games. I have to go out and purchase some things (e.g., another game pad, TB, TSB, BNB) to get myself back to old form. I wish there were Funcolands still around; I'll have to go on eBay to get my games. I almost got BNB last night but I was outbid at the last second...

Anyways, as far as the TB league, has that gotten off of the ground? Let me know, I may want to get in on this...