Coach K march 2010 edition from MT Remixes

hurricane55

I figure we need to get the teams we want first. I will PM knobbe,DH, Retro, and you tecmo with some ideas on how to pick them. Agreed on ratings help for the players once we get this done. Once we have the teams, we can start compling the returning players stats,sans ratings. That should be easy enough. the editor will hipefully be functioning by then. Also gives me time to do some R&D on player/team styles. The logos are my last worry, as that is more an artistic thing that should go by quickly. I am looiking at my data, hope to have the info to you tecmo soon. Know your family life is busy right now, so the sooner i get it to you, the more you can dabble with it.

• 2 weeks later...

great write up!!!!! I missed g-town on the original as well. I am a huge cane fan, but Big East Basketball has always been my love. The game stressed defense......any ways i was posting to let you (repository) know i have just sent some data to Tecmo Turd, the creator of the Team editor. I will be digging into some logo issues on the game, and am looking forward to creating a game for next year. If we have an editing team on the players, then me and DH can take care of the graphics. Airrrr Ballll, Airrrr Ballll, Airrrr Ballll !!!!!

• 2 months later...

Right, the latest update is a few years old. Perhaps we'll get an actual ROM rated this year...I've got too many damn editors I need to write. Damn this pesky job!

You have like 7 to write presently, right? lol Pesky jobs indeed!

TB Tool 32 - Mostly finished, some bugs that I need to work out that I could always work around. But, a new TB ROM rater is in the mix, so I might need to fix that...

Coach K - Pretty much needs to be scrapped and rewritten for simplicity. It was my first foray into WPF...

RBI 30 - This is my most complete editor. Though I still think I need to add some error handling for shitty data so I don't have to debug it to find issues

Baseball Stars - These are pretty complete too (minus error checking on data, see RBI editor statement). I'll probably release them soon...

I think that's it.

TB Tool 32 - Mostly finished, some bugs that I need to work out that I could always work around. But, a new TB ROM rater is in the mix, so I might need to fix that...

Coach K - Pretty much needs to be scrapped and rewritten for simplicity. It was my first foray into WPF...

RBI 30 - This is my most complete editor. Though I still think I need to add some error handling for shitty data so I don't have to debug it to find issues

Baseball Stars - These are pretty complete too (minus error checking on data, see RBI editor statement). I'll probably release them soon...

I think that's it.

RELEASE THEM IN ALL THEIR GLORY!!

Glory is an overstatement. I code a lot better when a client is paying us to code for them as opposed to writing a helper for a repetitive task for something personal...

I did just write a cool RBI stat ripper to help me get a base for rating my yearly RBI ROM...it's swell.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 80% beta. I have just started ot figure out the logos, so they are not complete. The rosters are reorganzed, but not ACCURATE...I used the orignials, just tried to match up to this years teams(ie Kansas uses Arkansas, Nebraska is a mix of backups from arkansas and virginia). Uniforms are not 100%. Got the team colors, but not the style down. Again this is just a beta to see if it gets enough hits. Plus me, Drunken_honkey, and TecmoTurd really wanted to do this. Tecmo Turd is using this beta as a base for an editing tool. He just got my info yesterday, but he says it is coming along. I started on this about 2 weeks ago, and have really made progress, by next year will be able to efit everything in game, including graphics! Hopefully i get the hack done on the graphics, so i can turn that info over as well for someone to create an editor for as well. So enjoy the MAdness!!!!!!

notes 4-3-10

Just found an issue with Texas, let me know if you find any, i changed alot of pointers, so it is going to be buggy....i did some byte checking, and forgot to change a few back. Pointers are right, jsut some player AI and Team AI stuff. I wll go through it one team at a time next week. Sorry, again any Ai problems let me know ASAP.

Had to chagne the ROM file, corrected issues with the Team AI.

Changed out Beta 3 today---4-6-10...fixed some shading issues on courts.

4-10-10

Done With Logos......Deleted old Beta....Thsiversion is playable

Let me know of any bugs and i will address ASAP.

Left For future Version.

Thanking NHL94.com EA gurus for documents that led to hack.

Thank TecmoTurd and DrunkenHonkey for their creative support.

Finding Sim Values

Finding Palette Pointers For all team colors(No more Sharing)

Find Pointers For Logos For All Teams(Hopefully to help create a logo editor)

Updating Rosters

Check if there are built in playstyles

Work on updating uniform styles(Sprite artwork)

4-14-10 Update

Updating Coach K notes

This in progress now. Pictured Below.

Tecmo, I'll get you the pointers, i evened it out so each team has the same space, each line has the same space. I will PM Tecmo

Can we download this and check it out.....?

I did a little work cleaning up my shitastic editor for coach k. I have a flex day tomorrow and the house to myself, so I might spend a little time getting a serviceable uniform editor working. I'm terrible at UI for desktop apps, but I can whip up a web helper that should make editing colors for 32 teams a little less tedious. Sometime soon the MT Remix boys are gonna get me some of the final info and maybe just maybe that online march madness tourney I've been dreaming of could actually happen!

Edited by TecmoTurd

Now that I have a palette editor working, I wanted to search back through this old thread to see what was left. I noticed a note about "no more sharing" for palettes. Is that true? That'd be sweet!

Hur, we have a lot to talk about. I know you're busy with TSB3 NCAA, but we are close on this thing. Let's keep on it...

• 1 month later...

not totally new here but a first time poster here. LOVE the work tecmo turd put in on the 30 team rbi baseball editor and rom....

cant wait to see a coach k update......so how long til I can see a rom guys??? (dont care the condition)

old school sports games are not dead!!!!! ;)

Jim from Indiana

• 1 month later...

This thread needs a bump...fellas, any progress on that data or bugs? I ported my editor to be web-based because it's easier to work with, so I'm ready to put the finishing touches on a ROM...we just need to tie up the loose ends and then maybe get a rating expert to fill out the ratings...

• 6 months later...