TSB Roster Spreadsheet

Bodom

For those who update/create roms on a regular basis, I'm working on creating/updating a roster spreadsheet that should make things a little easier. I have to give credit upfront to Jeid - I believe he was the original creator of this spreadsheet that I am mainly just updating...and MGK - for originally adding this spreadsheet into his first rom creation to use.

If you aren't familiar, Jeid's version had a tab for each position QB, RB, etc... and a tab for each team that pulled all that info into a file to be copied and pasted into TSBTool. I found this very useful since the first thing I do when I download a rom is make tweaks to certain players.

What I've done so far:

Added a Sim Data tab to edit each teams offense & defensive sim value + their offensive preference. This info all pulls into the main 32 team file.

Added a Faces tab so one can view all faces with a corresponding value (0x4a, 0xbb, etc) without having to open TSBTool for every player.

What I plan on doing:

Adding seperate tabs for Sim Values for each team so these can be easily altered.

Adding a seperate 32 team file with my updated team colors (just in case anyone is interested).

Don't exactly have much free time at the moment but am hoping to have this out in the next few weeks. Anything else than anyone can think of that would help when updating roms??

TSB Roster Spreadsheet.xls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're updating the MASTER spreadsheet that Jeid built and I tweaked, then awesome. My inclusions were to add some visual stimulus and a little bit more organization to the spreadsheet. But Jeid definitely is the mastermind. If you're gonna build on that--awesome, dude. I think that spreadsheet is the ballz, obviously. Take as long as you need. This shit doesn't need to be done over night. Any of it. ESPECIALLY in the football down season. 8)

That accounting degree is finally paying off!!

Ha! No shit, right? More like my 7 hours/day spent in Excel is finally paying off...

I'll send it over when completed.

MGK - Yes, that's the spreadsheet I'm talking about. What kind of visuals are you referring to? I was thinking of adding in the playbook so people could just look at one tab instead of toggling through plays in the rom, but the spreadsheet isn't specific to one rom. I'm up for any suggestions!

TDO - Yup...accountant by skill, but damn is it boring as hell! I'm an accountant who's a jock and listens to death metal...haven't quite found myself yet LOL.

You a CPA? Was thinking about going for it (wife is pushing me), but I really have no interest...

MGK - Yes, that's the spreadsheet I'm talking about. What kind of visuals are you referring to? I was thinking of adding in the playbook so people could just look at one tab instead of toggling through plays in the rom, but the spreadsheet isn't specific to one rom. I'm up for any suggestions!

I did some of the organizational color layouts. Cleaned up some of the cell walls and patterns between emboldened cells and whatnot. Basically, Jeid had sex with Excel and made a TSB Spreadsheet Lady. And I was the guy who put some lipstick on Her.

I think you should add whatever the hell pops up into your head as a cool idea that you think will make shit easier and more stream-lined for peeps, because lord only knows I'm never going to open up an Excel spreadsheet with a similar mentality. 8)

Basically, Jeid had sex with Excel and made a TSB Spreadsheet Lady. And I was the guy who put some lipstick on Her.

Love the real life comparisons...definitely helps understand things a lot better.

Right now I'm just trying to think of things that would make editing a rom easier. Again, any suggestions are welcome! I only know what works for me.

To keep going with your comparison: I'm going to spend the next few weeks inside Ms Spreadsheet Lady, then give her back to you to clean up. Then Rod can solicit her on the site for everybody to use.

I work for a marketing company - it's not boring here either by any means, we add 5-6 clients/month so things are crazy busy...I just meant the type of work (crunching numbers all day) is quite boring. Fun fact - the NFL is one of our clients 8)

My job range is really all over the place. I do big time stuff for the CFO, month end reporting, client meetings, stuff like that. I also do small stuff like lead up the collections department & send out invoices. Hopefully we will be hiring more people soon to establish roles a little better....once that happens I move up the ladder a little more.

That's awesome - we are slowly breaking the mold! I also have 4 tattoos and shave my head.

It would be sweet if you could put which player runs on run plays alongside the play, along with pic, slot, and play number for each play. Tool doesn't identify which player runs the run plays. When I edit playbooks, sometimes I fire up the console just to see who's doing which play.

Bo, I actually thought about doing this initially, and it would be really helpful...the only problem is the spreadsheet isn't specific to one rom. TSC's plays are different from buck's Rom, which is different from bruddog's rom, etc.....

Any suggestions on how we can make this work?

gonna either need input from the rom creator (like a list), or go get the bytes from the rom that show the player name for each running play (assuming rom creator has them correct).

to make a pic of each play is a time-taker. but it would be nice.

a manual solution I've done in the past is use a little grid in excel that shows each play slot...certain formations are a certain shade, and the name of the play is typed in the cell...hopefully, the name of the play indicates who gets the ball. then, you can create playbooks by looking at the grid, and then just typing the appropriate numbers in TOOL. I attached a pic.

It would be sweet if you could put which player runs on run plays alongside the play, along with pic, slot, and play number for each play. Tool doesn't identify which player runs the run plays. When I edit playbooks, sometimes I fire up the console just to see who's doing which play.

Bo, I actually thought about doing this initially, and it would be really helpful...the only problem is the spreadsheet isn't specific to one rom. TSC's plays are different from buck's Rom, which is different from bruddog's rom, etc.....

Any suggestions on how we can make this work?

post-3789-13413725896881_thumb.jpg

Not a bad idea, buck. To be honest, I really don't mind doing the picture thing. It would be time consuming, but so is the entire project, really. It would be a simple "print screen" copy and paste of the play into excel. Still the only problem I'm running into is different roms each have their own playbook. I guess I could make things really time consuming and make a tab for each rom ;)8)

Then the problem becomes again, everyone is always creating new roms and updating plays, it would be an ongoing process.

Alright, I'm off to the gym...I'll be thinking about this project in between sets.

I guess I could copy the plays from the original rom and add all the info in?

For those who edit plays (since I have no idea)...when you edit a running play, can you change which RB gets the ball?

Yes. But choosing (or editing) the formation to be complimentary to the chosen RB is what's key.

That's great Bodom - you should show me what you've done so far and maybe we can go back-and-forth with some ideas. I have some stuff in spreadsheets which I've never implemented (such as auto ratings off of imported stats) which maybe you hadn't thought of yet. Hit me up on AIM or shoot me a PM.

That's great Bodom - you should show me what you've done so far and maybe we can go back-and-forth with some ideas. I have some stuff in spreadsheets which I've never implemented (such as auto ratings off of imported stats) which maybe you hadn't thought of yet. Hit me up on AIM or shoot me a PM.

PM

I'm about 99% sure I already know the answer to this, but is there an (easy) way to get a screen shot of all the plays in a single rom? This would help out with the project I'm working on. Right now, my only idea is to copy and paste each play individually = too time consuming.

I'm excited to see the final functional product. Good work, dude! Do not be surprised if I blast your spreadsheet with a visual overhaul once I'm done. Also, what, if anything, did Jeid help you out with / give you ideas for? I'm a process guy, as I'm mentioned, so the development of ideas in this spreadsheet is almost as important to me as the finished product.

Also, what, if anything, did Jeid help you out with / give you ideas for?

I sent the spreadsheet over to Jeid a few days ago, but haven't heard back. As for help & ideas...well, he created the spreadsheet in the first place which inspired me to add onto it. I have been using it to update players to my liking and thought to myself...wouldn't it be cool if I could also update everything else that pulls into TSBTool from this 1 spreadsheet.

I mean, yeah, you can go into TSBTool and update each team's offensive & defensive sim values, but isn't it much easier when you have every team laid out in front of you so you can compare, then change values and have it pull right in?

So I give full credit to Jeid for creating it, but the current ideas I have are "all me".

Here you go, bud. I whipped these up in the Photoshop. I don't know what you think would fit better in the work that you're doing on Jeid's spreadsheet, so I made a Horizontal and Vertical copy of the original TSB Playbooks. Do with these images what you will. Edit them as you see fit.

post-7412-13413725902425_thumb.jpg

post-7412-13413725903713_thumb.jpg

Magical!

Dude, thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I still haven't really figured out yet how I'm going to present it. My idea right now is to post a rough draft for every one to check out and take some suggestions on what additions/edits people would find helpful when editing their roms.