Playbooks - 'Ghosting' Plays

GameplayLoop

So, I had no idea you could set the specific team playbooks to whichever order of offensive plays you're interested in--for the temporary. I was messing with the Pro Bowl Playbooks when I typed in HEX the wrong play number, but called up that play anyway, simply in the incorrectly assigned playbook slot. Once I attempted to change the play in-game, there was no going back to getting it into the foreign play slot again unless I defaulted the playbooks.

I had no idea you could 'temporarily' customize playbooks in this fashion. This kind of changes my world to be honest. And while I recognize this may have been a concept long known up to this point, I'm a little shocked right now. Theoretically, you could make any playbook you wanted for any team. With any set of designed plays, no matter its actual slot assignment. This set of plays could only be utilized by the original default ROM state, though. Attempting to change a play results in being stuck with the specific eight of that slot.

But still. Doesn't this mean that we can have default original ROM state playbooks of whatever we want? This is such a freeing concept for me, particularly with making a Coach ROM, you have no idea.

Please elaborate on this one for me, those that are TSB-wiser, if elaboration would benefit this knowledge base.

you know, I noticed this before when I was messing with pro bowl playbooks. somehow I forgot about doing more with it. but I know what you're talking about.

do you know where (0x) to enter default (hardcoded) playbooks for each team? I've always just used TOOL and never looked at the real stuff.

you know, I noticed this before when I was messing with pro bowl playbooks. somehow I forgot about doing more with it. but I know what you're talking about.

do you know where (0x) to enter default (hardcoded) playbooks for each team? I've always just used TOOL and never looked at the real stuff.

I'm with you on this boat. I haven't done any forum searching on the concept yet either. If there isn't any, perhaps one of the Deus Ex Machina will drop from the sky and smite us with wisdom.

If nobody has the addresses handy, I can always change some playbooks in TOOL, then go COMPARE the file and see what got changed in the ROM. Hopefully, I'll have some time tonight to look into this further.

Theoretically, you could make any playbook you wanted for any team. With any set of designed plays, no matter its actual slot assignment. This set of plays could only be utilized by the original default ROM state, though. Attempting to change a play results in being stuck with the specific eight of that slot.

But still. Doesn't this mean that we can have default original ROM state playbooks of whatever we want? This is such a freeing concept for me, particularly with making a Coach ROM, you have no idea.

The regular playbooks and the pro bowl playbooks are written in different manners. The Pro Bowl is written slot by slot as a value of x00 = Play 0 to x3F = Play 63 and the Regular is written as two slots like x00 = Play 0 in Slot 1 and Play 8 in slot 2 to x70 = Play 7 in Slot 1 and Play 8 in Slot 2.

That is actual practice, theoretically you could rewrite the code to function as one or the other.

Regular Playbooks are x1D310-1D37F and NFC West x1D390-x1D39F

Pro Bowl Playbooks are x1D380-x1D38F

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Would anyone know why, after changing the hex values at x1D310 to set new playbooks for each team, nothing changes in the game?  The old default playbook is still there.

are you sure you're not talking about an emulator issue?