Sign in to follow this  
Maynard_G_Krebs

Player Icons Editing?

Can someone suggest a course of action (HEX location / command strategy) for removing the Player Icons "1" and "2" on the Defensive side of the ball during in-game play? Are the different sides of the ball and where the icon is lined up denoted separately in the HEX? I figure if you use the skin color palette option of the four color options to redraw a football (which I've done) in place of the "1" and "2" above the heads of the Offensive players only, it would add a nice little player icon dynamic. The problem is removing the "1" and "2" from over the Defensive side of the ball. Since the rosters are separated I would assume this possible, but could be totally incorrect, where there is no way to "00-out" the tile pointers to the "1" and "2" in differentiating from either side of the game.

Anybody have a fix for this?

Mucho thanks.

The icons aren't separated by offense and defense. I haven't gotten to test this out yet beyond a few plays so I'll do that when I have the chance but this seemed to be working.

x3DC33 and x3DC7E:

20 70 BF  JSR $BF70
EA NOP

x2BF80:

A5 70     LDA $70 ; Play Value
29 40 AND #$40
C9 40 CMP #$40
D0 0A BNE :+
; Player 2 has Ball
A9 FE LDA #$FE ; Set Player 1 Icon off screen
8D 00 02 STA $0200
A9 A3 LDA #$A3 ; Tile # of Football
A0 43 LDY #$43 ; Color Palette 3 and Flip Tile
60 RTS
; Player 1 has Ball
A9 FE : LDA #$FE ; Set Player 2 Icon off screen
8D 04 02 STA $0204
A9 A3 LDA #$A3 ; Tile # of Football
A0 01 LDY #$01 ; Color Palette 1
60 RTS

x3DBFC and x3DC47 = Icon Height above player (x0C worked ok)

All right, so I'm a dope. I got this working just fine, Jstout--awesome. Thanks very much for this. And, by the way, thank you all for not replying and forcing me to reason some of this shit through again. And, also, thank you for replying when you know I've reached my 'understanding plateau.' ;)

Late guy here, this code changes the player icon? If so, could it be adapted to display the players jersey number instead of the "1" or "2" icon?Those icons are two tiles high, so any double digit number would fit in that space.... Dumb question I guess....