New For TSB3 NCAA 2011 Sophmore Year....

DrunkenGamer

Ok. So with all the stuff were doing we're prolly not gonna make another beta for 2010 NCAA. Here's what's coming and what's on the list to be found. First the new stuff already in the works: 1) Playbooks. New Formations new plays. Much props to AmRush, Maynard_G_Krebs, and Bruddog and whoever else hacked NES Tecmos playbook. Those came in handy when we looked for the playbook hacks. 2) Default punt returners and kick returners set to teams actual KR & PR. 3) Think we found the problem with Off Injuries freezing the game. Will need to do hours of testing to be sure, but think we've figured it out. So we can change a team like Texas Tech to a Shotgun style team without it freezing if a WR gets hurt due to the game not knowing who to sub in. Not that T Tech is on the new game, just an example. 4) New Defenses and added depth to the playcalling for both Off and Def due to it. 5) Updated Teams, will research those when preseason polls are released. 6) Better Player ratings, a more diverse style. 7) Offense and Defense will have a huddle break before play begins. It looks f'n sweet. 8 ) Some other lil secrets we will wait to tell after the game is released. 9) Sim data. Will work on giving the Top teams a better chance of winning. 10) We have found the way the game assigns the player faces to the player. We can assign them to whoever now. Here is the link to the forum where I give the location and explain how to calculate them.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum///viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1254

11) The All-American Team will be updated. (The default Pro Bowl starters have been hacked in the rom) 12) Helmet logos have been found (Thanks Billsfan he found them.) Still working on how to edit their layouts, but now we have a start and it's just a matter of time now. 12.)Endzones have been hacked and figured out. Sort of. It's really complicated on the remapping so it may be something we do last. (Thanks billsfan, another great find). 13.) Have hacked the Free Agent, Trade and Created player menus. Still working the created player stuff, but we're definately getting it added to help with the dynasty mode were working. Things are coming along, so we'll maybe post a beta soon, or just schedule some online games to help test the rom. Will let people know and see who's interested.

Here's what's on the list to find.

1) Weather and stadium assignments. 2) Playoff Tree. Getting with AmRush to iron these out.

That's prolly not all, but that's the most of it. Hope yall are liking the NCAA game, we're working hard to make the second one 10x better. Later Peeps, keep Tecmo Alive!! Post, Play, and Participate!!!

POST,PLAY,PARTICIPATE? Soiunds like DH has got our (MT Remixes) company a new slogan....if it's not already being used. Anyways, i have a link in the posting on the 2010 NCAA TSB3 rom to the video......there is one shot of Texas braking huddle, working on the Defense beak right now.....it is awesome to see....Does anyone know if sound has been edited on these games.....would love to redo the music if possible...again just point us in the right direction, and we'll do the rest. Also.....the name keeps coming up.....i prefer no names, but the fans will dictate that in the end....start a petition, and i'll get the names in.....need about 100 distinct replys and that should suffice:) My nepwhews son(he's like 7) played our NCAA and now loves Tecmo Bowl......Another Generation to keep Tecmo alive!!!!! Again, weather and stadiums are a vital ingredient we are still missing...the search continues.

First off, I want to publicly thank you guys for diving into TSB3. No one besides myself on this board with any proclivity for hacking the languages for Nintendo titles seems to give much of a sh*t for TSB3, so the help and discoveries and modifications you guys are undertaking are greatly appreciated.

I have no training in 65816 or 6502 language, and I don't really want to devote more time out of my life than is justifiable, but I have educated myself a bit on some basics of 65816 in order to manipulate TSB3.

Here's 2 links to pages I use for reference when I dive into hacking TSB3 :

http://www.defence-force.org/computing/ ... /annexe_2/

- A glossary page for all the operands in 65816

http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/ ... manual.pdf

- This is a manual for 65816. It's big and has been somewhat helpful for me with various things

====================================

OK, on to your bullet points above :

New Stuff Already In The Works

2) KR / PR set to teams' actual KR PR.

- What do you mean by this? Are you talking about where the actual rom tells each team to use which position to use for the KR & PR? Or are you talking about just changing the .srm?

3) Offensive injuries freezing the game.

- It sounds like you've found the locations in the rom that changes the formation types for all the various functions of the game (on-field, substitutions, injuries, free agent and trade lists, etc). If you don't think you've found them all, I can help you with the "stragglers"

7) Huddle breaks.

- When you get the chance, I'd like to know where in the rom you added this code...

8 ) Other Little Secrets.

- In order to save me some time, could you guys PM me a list of what this stuff might be? In case there's anything I might really want. Thanks in advance...

Stuff You Want

1) Weather and Stadium stuff

- I have some info on this, but it's not comprehensive. It's just surface-scratch, but it might be a springboard for you guys to dive deeper than I got...

4) Player Faces

- location is x00100000. There's a thread here at Knobbe that lists out what faces match up with what players

7) Playoff Tree

- yeah i have manipulated the Playoff Tree, but it's not completely automated. There's a detailed explanation of my playoff changes that accompanies my posted rom in the downloads forum. My thread shouldn't be hard to find there - it's the only rom I've ever posted here.

Rock on...

AM Rush

No one besides myself on this board with any proclivity for hacking the languages for Nintendo titles seems to give much of a sh*t for TSB3, so the help and discoveries and modifications you guys are undertaking are greatly appreciated.

You had me at proclivity. ;) This might be message of the week.

hey rush hope you got the PM.....definately want the Stadium and weather stuff. I read up on your playoff hack could tell it had to be written in after you sim the season. Probably a formula close by the rewrite area that figures this out automatically, but it could be pretty long. As far as program language, we pretty much only know the Hex language, and go by trial and error. It's weird after you find something, it actually seemd really simple...ie the pro bowl rosters in the ROM. Also weird how tecmo used about 50(JK) different pointer/language codes to write the game. They seemed to have made the job harder than it had to be.

Music, are you referencing something you found, or are you just stoked about others finding stuff....i am confused.

I would like to consider Amrush apart of MT Remixes, and definately want his help to conquer other unhackable ROMs.

We are definatley close to the final version of TSB3 NCAA. Then hopefully we can send pointer stuff to someone to write edit programs for uniforms/endzones/team stuff so everyone can edit in the future....http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=12880&start=30

• 3 weeks later...

Big finds as of late... have found all the backgrounds mapping hex of all the screens. This will allow us to remap and take out all repeat and mirrored tiles. I don't have to work with what's given anymore. limited what we could do as far as backgrounds, but not anymore. So expect the next edition to have another graphics overhaul. From the start screens to Team menu, all will be given the NCAA touch.