Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Hi, I have been visiting this site for years now and never decided to set up an account. A few weeks ago, my brother in law brought his flash drive over with tons of NES roms that we went through and played. We made a night out of it. For some strange reason Tecmo Super Bowl was not on there, but the original Tecmo Bowl was. I wasn't a real fan of that game but I knew TSB was probably my ol time favorite.

I decided to come to this site (which Ive been too numerous times before) and download the original rom. Here I found a ton of different version of the TSB game that I also downloaded and I can say that I am in my glory. I would like to say thanks to whoever created this site and to drummer for creating the 2010 preseason rom. I already played a full season with the Jets and had a ball.

With all of that said, one thing that I thought was lacking here was the addition of stats and season stories from the community. Call me lame, but I like reading that stuff. I want to read about how you got 600 yards in one game with Bo Jackson, or how you threw 50 TD's in one season with Steve Grogan or how you got three INT's in one quarter with Wayne Haddix and ran them all back for TD's.

So not taking anything away from this site (or any other TSB site) I decided to create my own forum for exactly that. I want to here personal stories from people. I want to hear how your season went. I want to hear how you rushed 2000 yards with QB Eagles. So again, I am not taking anyone away from here because this site is amazing, but if anyone would like to tell their story, or record their stats, or write up a season log, please visit my site (in my signature) and do such.

Again, keeping in good faith here, I will not offer any downloads or info on hacks or roms. Thats what this site is for. My site was created for statistical information only. You want to post a video of your game?? Go for it! You want to take a Season Challenge? Feel free! You want to share your current season, game by game in a write up?? That's my vision, that's what i want to create.

I love this game and this site has inspired me to try and do something different. Please do not take my message as a recruitment. I'm not interested in that. I would however like to hear people stories about this game and have them recorded for others to see. I plan on hanging around here and listening to all of the great topics all of us Tecmo Super Bowl fanatics have to discuss.

Again, thank you for this site, and thank you for the inspiration. I am so excited that there is a place where Tecmo Super Bowl (The original) has not been forgotten, especially in the wake of the Madden series. I hope to talk to all of you real soon.

I find it interesting to know where other TSB players live. I wish more people would post this for all of us to see. Posting your city/state/country isn't really risky to all of you paranoids :) so lighten up and post your spot. Unless you're from Holland than just go back to bed. :)

Here's the how-to for you to fix it!

user control panel >> profile >> location >> hit submit

With all of that said, one thing that I thought was lacking here was the addition of stats and season stories from the community. I want to here personal stories from people. I want to hear how your season went.

I totally agree. I was a regular at ncaastrategies for a long time and that was a big focus over there. Yes, it's insanely geeky but it's cool. I'm sure Rod would welcome such a spot here and a specific forum area.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Tecmo World. I've been reading up on this site for the past couple years but have never posted till now. Finally decided to join the forums. I've read alot here and learned alot. It's pretty neat to see and learn about different styles of play and such for the games. I'm a union construction worker of 8 years and soon to ship out for the National Guard in Dec. this year.

Hello Tecmo World. I've been reading up on this site for the past couple years but have never posted till now. Finally decided to join the forums. I've read alot here and learned alot. It's pretty neat to see and learn about different styles of play and such for the games. I'm a union construction worker of 8 years and soon to ship out for the National Guard in Dec. this year.

Way to go from lurker to member!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Crash Dummie (not dummy) and I guess I'm just as big a Tecmo Bowl fan as anyone else here. I've got the NES and SNES Super Bowl versions, and the DS Kickoff one. I actually came here to find friends codes and people to play with online. I've only played one game online yet, nobody seems to log on ever. I know the game is rather unpolished, but it's still great Tecmo fun. I hope to find some of you guys online!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ya'll!

Name is Damiano. I'm originally from Sydney, Australia but now live in Toronto, Canada. I love playing Tecmo and would love to play it online with you guys sometime! Once I figure out how it's done and all, haha. I love watching NFL (SF Niners fan) but also love basketball, baseball & hockey.

Rod should have this stickied somewhere.

Original Tecmo Bowl ROM with all 32 teams:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13809

Very popular ROM with controversial ratings (based off Madden)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13451

Newcomers to the scene (all original style):

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13827

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13825

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13826 (2nd year)

buck's ROM (high speed style)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13747

Annual SNES ROM

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13823

Bruddog's ROM (40 new plays)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13759