Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Which page/link are you trying to use?

For example:

http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13507

then i click in the attachment file and... :roll:

I think something is up with that particular address from Spain because someone else has used it and they also had problems.

I changed a setting, give it a try now.

Hey all,

I stumbled upon this site after downloading Tecmo Throwback and hating it. I was so excited for some old school tecmo action online, and it's just too laggy to be playable. So seeing as how my thirst for some people to play TSB online with had not been quenched, I found this site after a quick google search. I've been lurking the boards a bit the last few days and I really like what's going on here. I had a question though.

Is vanilla TSB for the NES the most widely played game competitively, or is there something else I should be learning? I'm not sure just how serious I am about playing competitively, but I like the idea of TSB tournaments and with some luck would like to find myself at one someday.

Other than that, I'm just a dude from the midwest with a wife and a mortgage trying to get by.

Other than that, I'm just a dude from the midwest with a wife and a mortgage trying to get by.

Welcome, dude. I don't know if there is any non-standard TSB game that is widely used in competition. Someone else might know better than I, though. Enjoy the Repository!

Which emulator were you using that you found to be laggy? Usually the only issues with lag if you use Nestopia would be if you or your opponents connection isn't very good.

Welcome to the tecmo community!

The way I wrote that was kind of confusing. I found Tecmo Throwback for the Xbox 360 to be laggy. I haven't played any TSB online yet, but I'll be using Nestopia when I do. I've just been practicing on a plain TSB rom and was hoping that's what most other people would be playing, so I could find plenty of matches. Thanks for the warm welcome!

• 1 month later...

Hello this is my first post to the message board. I just wanted to say that when I found out I could play TSB online against other people I almost had an aneurism. Knowing I can play with current rosters on the old school game play is something I have dreamed about for years. I am also excited to start playing TSB on my Wii.

I first played TSB when I was 11 years old. I played it religiously with friends and against the computer for just about 8 years straight. Countless hours of season play, zigzagging the computer, and breaking tackles under my belt. I have not played a single game for about 4 years now. I purchased a NES USB controller off Amazon.com and seriously waiting by the door for the USPS man (and it is Sunday). I signed up for AOL and TCP. As soon as I get the controller I want to start playing. I signed up for the Fairfield Ohio Tournament July 31. Probably get my head stomped in, but it’s worth it.

Some of my highlights (all against the CPU because this forum wasn’t around when I started playing) for TSB are running for 1057 yards with Bo in one game, 8 team interceptions (ATL) in one game, and maxing out the score on several occasions. I’m looking forward to meeting some new friends online and at these offline tournaments. Thanks to all these Tecmo geniuses that created these forums for us, the addicts.

• 3 weeks later...

1.) Updating rosters can be done by downloading TSB Tool Supreme and changing them as desired. You can also download many of the already created ROMs done by this community.

2.) Putting it on your Wii...this all depends on what you have at your disposal and what version your Wii is. I just hacked mine using Super Smash Brothers Smash Stack hack the other day and it works flawlessly. There are lots of resources out there on how to do this...when you're done, you basically have a homebrew channel installed that lets you install apps like SNES9X and FCEU...

• 4 weeks later...

i my name is KEN and im a quitter...I played tsb online 5 years ago and wish to return...have been fooling with tsb managers roms, ratings and shit again and have been pleasantly suprised at some of the new hacks and such. im tring to get some help starting back up (its been 5 years) so if you can (and want to) give me a hand on re-aclimating to the scene I would appreaciate it...

AIM: UNCLEGRIEVOUS1

THX

• 2 weeks later...
HI my name is patrick from miami, fla and i dont play xbox or anything but knobbe's tecmo yearly releases since 07....just finally got a login but been playing tecmo since they 8 teams

Cool, glad you like them

Hey guys... I'm Daniel from Columbia, SC. Been lurking for a couple a months now... the hacked and updated TB/TSB roms got me really excited when I found this website! I particularly love the NCAA versions since I'm a huge Clemson fan... any chance there's another Clemson fan out there in the Tecmo community? Anyway, glad to be here.

Hello fellow TSB fanatics. I've browsed the forums for a while, but recently created a username and decided it was time to make my first post!

I vividly remember the first time I played TSB. I was 12 years old at a Super Bowl Party with my parents. My favorite team has always been the Philadelphia Eagles, so controlling my two of my favorite players, Randall Cunningham (QB Eagles) and Reggie White was awesome! However, I didn't really play the game much until high school and college (my family didn't have a Nintendo - we had an Atari and Sega Genesis).

In high school, my best friend had a Nintendo and a copy of the game and a classic rivalry was formed. We have played countless memorable games against each other (although not nearly as many since we both got married). For a while, he had a tremendous advantage because I had a learning curve after not playing for so long, but I caught up with him and eventually surpassed him.

I've tried playing online a few times and read just about every guide on how to do it, but haven't had much success. The few games I have played had a good deal of lag. I am a "console" guy would much rather play live anyway.

I would love to have a small get together/tourney (up to 12 players?) around my neck of the woods (North Ridgeville, OH - 20 minutes West of Cleveland) or even meet with a couple of fellow fanatics at a bar/bowling alley once in a while to play. I have two official top loader NES systems and two copies of the greatest sports game ever created.

Some of my favorite TSB Memories:

- Kicking a long field goal against an opponent to take the lead 3-0. My opponent promptly explained "Nobody kicks field goals in TSB!" I won the game 3-0.

- Stopping 3 consecutive passes from my best friend at the end of a game to Jerry Rice in the end zone to hang on to a 4 point victory.

- My best friend's controller malfunctioning on a long pass I completed (the defender he was controlling wouldn't move up to make the tackle when he pushed up on the controller). My best friend started yelling "He's not going up! He's not going up!" and then rips the defective controller out and throws it across the room. Hilarious. An all-time classic.

- Recovering a fumble in the Super Bowl in overtime against my best friend and returning it for a touchdown to win the game and trophy (yes, we have a small trophy that we pass back and forth). We usually simulate an entire season and then play however many playoff games we feel like to determine the winner (usually best of 3 or 5).

Thanks for reading! I look forward to meeting fellow TSB fanatics. Take care and God bless.

I also am one pf the people who has been lurking for a little while, anyways I am in my last year of high school, from texas, and being from the "madden" generation i didn't play tecmo bowl until maybe a year ago when i decided to go ahead and play it on my jnes(i got the torrent that has like a 1000 games) and i fell in love with it. Buck's rom of course is my favorite, you just can't get a more exciting rom then one with new plays and it's breath of fresh air when madden becomes stale. Love the board, love what we're doing here, let's keep it up! By the way for the nay sayers who think buck's rom is too challenging, i win about 80% of the games and routinely have 14 and 15 win seasons while have sometimes pairs of 1000 yard rushers so it is possible!

• 3 weeks later...