Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum. Everything here looks exciting, I'm looking forward to installing this on my PC and playing alongside my son so he can enjoy the game as I use to growing up.

I did have a quick question: What's recommended OS (XP or 7), does 32-bit or 64-bit OS matter?

I couldn't find any system prerequisites on the site. Thank you.

Hi, TSB playere her from Allentown Pa.  i am having some trouble and woudl really appreciate any feedback or suggestions i can get.  Every game I have tried to play so far has resulted in my internet dropping the game.  My Nestopia will say (Not Responding) after game freezes and then ill be logged off AIM.....please anyone who can help me...im dying to play some games online!

Hey guys, I installed the Nestopia emulator and the TSB2013, I get to the menu, but nothing works after that. I can move up and down the menu where it says preseason, season, pro bowl, team data and clock

I hit Enter on my keyboard and nothing happens. Is there a keyboard hotkey or am I missing something?

I guess what I'm asking is for help for keyboard use, or general instructions.  If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks again!

Welcome to tb.org! You can set what keyboard or controller buttons you want by opening nestopia,click on options,then select input. U config your kb/controller there. hope this helped!

Hello all!  I haven't played Tecmo in many years (more than I'd like to think about), but have been recently excited about what you have all been doing with this great game.  I first learned of classic gaming online about two years ago when I stumbled onto nhl94.com, and have been playing that gem from my youth since.  I'm also a moderator on those forums, helping run leagues and thinking of ways to grow the community/make it better. 

Recently MaynardGKrebs paid a visit to '94 land in a in a short time has provided some great ideas and information!  So naturally I'm here looking around.  LOTS to digest.  :smile:

Anyway, I look forward to re-learning Tecmo and getting my ass kicked a bunch of times!  I'll see you guys around

Welcome, dude! The NHL94.com forums have a lot of smart, dedicated peeps. You all have a great following for the NHL series over there. It's a boon for us to have you on these forums, as well. And it's a boon to all of us retro game enthusiasts to take some pride in this hobby of ours, and see (with reason) how far we can help this thing fly, and how cool we can make it for the next newest forum member.

Glad to have you, bud.

Hello all!  I haven't played Tecmo in many years (more than I'd like to think about), but have been recently excited about what you have all been doing with this great game.  I first learned of classic gaming online about two years ago when I stumbled onto nhl94.com, and have been playing that gem from my youth since.  I'm also a moderator on those forums, helping run leagues and thinking of ways to grow the community/make it better. 

Recently MaynardGKrebs paid a visit to '94 land in a in a short time has provided some great ideas and information!  So naturally I'm here looking around.  LOTS to digest.  :smile:

Anyway, I look forward to re-learning Tecmo and getting my ass kicked a bunch of times!  I'll see you guys around

New to board, Tecmo player in Nebraska. Loved this game as a child and is the reason I'm a lions fan. Barry Sanders. Love playing custom roms and am slowly trying to create my own NCAA version. Any advice or help is welcomed.

I'd suggest you build a time machine and been able to make it to the Nebraska Tecmo Tourney 10 days ago but I think that's out of the realm of possibilities. 

However, there will be another one next year.

Great to hear on the NCAA as that is often neglected.  Once you have the basics of rom editing down, I'd suggest you check out this thread - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11077-tsb-ncaa-ultimate-editing-superpack/

Hey, just joined yesterday.  28, from Chicago.  One of my favorite memories in college, was we used to play this game for hours on end in our fraternity chapter room on the big screen.  It started off with just a few of us, and then eventually we had most of the house in on it haha.  I always remember the music would just get embedded into my head all day - not that I was mad about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I should post here first. Well, I'm a snack. Who doesn't like me?

...in all seriousness, I could say the same thing about TSB, that's what this whole site was made for. I've been playing for about 5 years, but that's by myself...as far as online and whatnot, I'll see how many friends I can make from this point on.

I'm more interested in the ROM-hacking side of things, since I am on my high school's football team at the moment, so let's see if I can't Tecmo-ize my team, and maybe the entire state if I'm up to it.

Let's get this party started! (;

Figured I should post here first. Well, I'm a snack. Who doesn't like me?

...in all seriousness, I could say the same thing about TSB, that's what this whole site was made for. I've been playing for about 5 years, but that's by myself...as far as online and whatnot, I'll see how many friends I can make from this point on.

I'm more interested in the ROM-hacking side of things, since I am on my high school's football team at the moment, so let's see if I can't Tecmo-ize my team, and maybe the entire state if I'm up to it.

Let's get this party started! (;

Cool, changing the teams and names should be simple.

Changing team logos will be the tricky part.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys...making my first post and really enjoying the board!

I'll start with a simple question.

When I watch the highlights of the Madison Tourney online...the players in the game (and especially those controlled by each person)....are WILDLY FASTER and quicker than anything I've ever seen or played with against the computer or even Man vs Man ...

Is that something "special" for the tournament? Is that something each player is doing to "boost" the speed, etc?

I have many questions...but that's my first one.

Thanks guys!

There is nothing special for the tournament.There is nothing special anyone is doing.

Which highlights are you referring to specifically? Maybe the gameplay video was sped up for highlight purposes as I'm not sure what highlights you are referring to.

Hey guys...making my first post and really enjoying the board!

I'll start with a simple question.

When I watch the highlights of the Madison Tourney online...the players in the game (and especially those controlled by each person)....are WILDLY FASTER and quicker than anything I've ever seen or played with against the computer or even Man vs Man ...

Is that something "special" for the tournament? Is that something each player is doing to "boost" the speed, etc?

I have many questions...but that's my first one.

Thanks guys!

I answered some of your questions in your other thread with similar questions - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/54017-a-few-simple-questions/?p=354526

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...