Welcome! The Official Introductions / First Post Thread

Knobbe

Hello Everyone I'm Diamondsplus or aka Diamonds

I've been a Tecmo Bowl or Super Bowl fan since the Nes, and I really appreciate everyone's efforts in the different versions out there. right now I'm doing the 1960's version to see if i can win with the Packers of the Day.

I'm 41 and very happy to have found the site.

TB & SB 4ever

Well this is awesome….just spent the last hour getting used to RBI again…been a long time!

Knobbe, must have missed that, thanks for linkin' him to my site.  BobEllis, any questions on RBI, let me know...

And, welcome diamondsplus and all the others...

Edited by TecmoTurd

• 3 months later...

Hi!

First Post. I've been playing Tecmo since I was a wee little Ghost. Fast forward to college and my buddies had pretty intense Super Tecmo seasons going. Could you believe some of the younger guys had never played Tecmo?!

I'm a programmer in real life and a big indoor/arena football fan. I have often kicked around the idea of making my own "Arena" version of Tecmo. I finally did a search today and low and behold someone already beat me to it! And it's awesome!

Still I'd like to into the nitty gritty and eventually make my own versions. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

And I'll try and keep my dumb questions to a minimum  :oops:

Hi!

First Post. I've been playing Tecmo since I was a wee little Ghost. Fast forward to college and my buddies had pretty intense Super Tecmo seasons going. Could you believe some of the younger guys had never played Tecmo?!

I'm a programmer in real life and a big indoor/arena football fan. I have often kicked around the idea of making my own "Arena" version of Tecmo. I finally did a search today and low and behold someone already beat me to it! And it's awesome!

Still I'd like to into the nitty gritty and eventually make my own versions. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

And I'll try and keep my dumb questions to a minimum  :oops:

Welcome man.  I know I'm a little in my Tecmo offseason so sorry for the belated welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time lurker and ROM downloader, first time poster. I actually floated the idea of a TSB "All Time" (well, since the merger) fantasy draft league for another board I post at on twitter, and got to talking with the twitter for this board about it.

While I don't think the other board would go for it (I never got any responses), I figured I'd float the idea around here and see if anyone is interested. The basic idea is that whoever is involved would draft players from 1970 forward, set their own playbooks and offensive preferences, then I would sim the games, and make highlight videos to put on youtube and link here, and write up game recaps. Something to do while we all wait for the real thing to start up again.

Long time lurker and ROM downloader, first time poster. I actually floated the idea of a TSB "All Time" (well, since the merger) fantasy draft league for another board I post at on twitter, and got to talking with the twitter for this board about it.

While I don't think the other board would go for it (I never got any responses), I figured I'd float the idea around here and see if anyone is interested. The basic idea is that whoever is involved would draft players from 1970 forward, set their own playbooks and offensive preferences, then I would sim the games, and make highlight videos to put on youtube and link here, and write up game recaps. Something to do while we all wait for the real thing to start up again.

Welcome to the forum man!

We've had a couple of leagues like that in the past.

Here is one thread about it.  http://tecmobowl.org/topic/12326-tecmo-fantasy-official-rulesrostersstandingsrecords

I'd suggest starting up your own thread in the off-topic section and go from there.  If we can find enough people to join up, I can make a separate sub-forum for it.

• 3 months later...

Hey all, name is Dan. I remember buying this with my older brother the day it came out when I was 8 in 1991. We played it for a long time, and I still play all of the time.

I can play as any team, but the teams I've come to dislike using are Browns (terrible all around, except QB Browns) and Colts.

Defense is my game, so I love TB, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota among others.

Thought I'd say hello! And I hope to catch up with some of you.

Hey all, name is Dan. I remember buying this with my older brother the day it came out when I was 8 in 1991. We played it for a long time, and I still play all of the time.

I can play as any team, but the teams I've come to dislike using are Browns (terrible all around, except QB Browns) and Colts.

Defense is my game, so I love TB, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Minnesota among others.

Thought I'd say hello! And I hope to catch up with some of you.

Hey man and welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

This really isn't a welcome as much as it is a return. I'd like to really apologize to you guys for my absence without a word. I really have been extremely busy with little or no down time as well as getting through a pretty rough break-up. But I'm willing to put fourth my best efforts and try and deliver what I was talking about months ago, and that is a 32 team rom for the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl 1.

This really isn't a welcome as much as it is a return. I'd like to really apologize to you guys for my absence without a word. I really have been extremely busy with little or no down time as well as getting through a pretty rough break-up. But I'm willing to put fourth my best efforts and try and deliver what I was talking about months ago, and that is a 32 team rom for the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl 1.

Welcome back man!

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone! I've come to this site every now and then to find answers to random Tecmo questions, and I've finally broken down and registered. I've mainly only ever played TSB1 (the SNES one) but I've been looking at the NES version too. I look forward to exchanging knowledge with all of you in the future! :D

Hello everyone! I've come to this site every now and then to find answers to random Tecmo questions, and I've finally broken down and registered. I've mainly only ever played TSB1 (the SNES one) but I've been looking at the NES version too. I look forward to exchanging knowledge with all of you in the future! :D

Welcome to the board man!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I've introduced myself before but I mostly play nhl94. I played tecmo when it first came out and was decent at it. My memory is vague but I feel like I stopped playing not long after my best friends brother figured out he could tackle on the snap. So the winning dwindled quickly. At any rate, love what you guys do here and really enjoyed the nfl films doc on the tecmo madison tournament. There's currently a doc in progress now for nhl94.

Not sure if I've introduced myself before but I mostly play nhl94. I played tecmo when it first came out and was decent at it. My memory is vague but I feel like I stopped playing not long after my best friends brother figured out he could tackle on the snap. So the winning dwindled quickly. At any rate, love what you guys do here and really enjoyed the nfl films doc on the tecmo madison tournament. There's currently a doc in progress now for nhl94.

Same Halifax from nhl94.com I assume?  Huge hockey fan and long time lurker over at nhl94.com.  Great site...I like what you guys do over there - and looking forward to the documentary.  Welcome.

Same Halifax from nhl94.com I assume?  Huge hockey fan and long time lurker over at nhl94.com.  Great site...I like what you guys do over there - and looking forward to the documentary.  Welcome.

Yes, indeed the same. I know they are working on re-vamping the site. Give it a bit of a different look and update the content(which hasn't been updated for some time.)

Love the passion the guys have here for tecmo.

Sorry to hear your best friends brother discovered lurching. It's my understanding lurching is banned from tournament play.So your best friends brother would be screwed. :)

I'm back on the scene. Kind of. Let me Tarantino this...

When I was in high school I found emulation, which naturally lead me back to Tecmo Super Bowl. I played and played and played. Then one day I stumbled across the OTFL and signed up, becoming the inaugural owner of the Patriots in their Pool 2 league. Guessing, I played easily the first 8 seasons of the OTFL P2, was called up to Pool 1 for a season or two but quit out of Pool 1 because they wanted me to give up my pool 2 team which I had built and put a lot of time into. Eventually I had to give it up for whatever reason.

Tecmo had been a big part of my childhood. I loved nothing more than being the Chiefs and running over people with Christian Okoye. The hours logged playing that game were impossible to measure and my brother and I would get into legitimate fights over it. I always say when emotions like fighting and crying bring kids to tears means that whatever it is you're playing is a successful game.

Freshman year of college I came across my old NES in the attic. Dusted it off and brought it to my dorm room. Despite brining may classics like Mike Tysons Punch Out or Megaman 2 back with me, nothing got more play than TSB. It was great to play live competition against those who were actually veterans of the game itself and not having to explain to them that they can't switch to the closest defender after the ball was snapped or that those will be the only eight plays they can choose all game. It was great.

Now I'm on to the next phase of my life. Been in the workforce since graduating college, and the itch came back. I work with kids and part of my job was to be in charge of activities in a recreation room, which included video games. After watching kids that were under 10 years old struggle with Madden, I knew the right thing to do was to intodice them to Tecmo. It was a hit.

I still work with kids, however now with Athletics. I don't get the chance to play Tecmo with them. Which lead to a random retweet I came across in my timeline brining me here. I love it. I need it. I can't get enough if it. I want to be the guy who starts the Tecmo scene in Boston. I want to go to or host a tournament in Boston before 2016. Who's with me?