Just Bring It!!! 4 Special Edition Updated

xplozv

well, congrats on solving the problem. that's good to know.

ps- did you ever try making defensive formations based on the offensive formation picked? (we discussed it in another thread)? I haven't had time yet, but hopefully I can get around to it next week. initially, I just plan on going in to each relevant defensive reaction and tweaking the def. player lineups only. if that works ok, then tweak reactions/movements accordingly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I haven't experienced it, Bodom said a RAM v. SEAHAWKS game crashed on him in TSC 1.2. XP, would you have any idea why that would have happened in that ROM?

EDIT: By the way dude, some of your men-in-motion stuff is killer, and totally is giving me ideas. Rock on, dude.

Bodom said a RAM v. SEAHAWKS game crashed on him in TSC 1.2

I don't know why it would have done that. I have play half way through the season so far in TSC and it hasn't happened to me. So when he mentioned it, I reset my season and all SEA games simmed just fine for me.

ps- did you ever try making defensive formations based on the offensive formation picked? (we discussed it in another thread)?

That's how Just Bring It 4 is setup. Offense formation dictates defense formation, however, I just slot based the choice as to what defensive coverage will be run out of that defensive formation.

For example, if the offense pick a play out of the R & Shoot, the 3-4 teams will always run a 3-3-5 formation while the 4-3 teams will always run a 4-6 formation. Based on the slot you choose, that 3-3-5 or 4-6 formation will run cover 0,1,2,3,4, etc. I have the list posted in the first post as to which offensive formation dictate what defensive formation.

Bodom said a RAM v. SEAHAWKS game crashed on him in TSC 1.2

I don't know why it would have done that. I have play half way through the season so far in TSC and it hasn't happened to me. So when he mentioned it, I reset my season and all SEA games simmed just fine for me.

I was playing a game out COM vs. COM to watch certain reactions. Chose STL and SEA at random. I'll try it out again right now and see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: STL kicks off to Seattle....left to right. Seattle KR gets tackled, then this.

post-6125-13413725892356_thumb.png

I was playing a game out COM vs. COM to watch certain reactions. Chose STL and SEA at random. I'll try it out again right now and see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: STL kicks off to Seattle....left to right. Seattle KR gets tackled, then this.

I just tried that and I got same bug only when tried Seattle kicked off first, then made STL punt, and after being tackled on the punt return I got the bug. I'm gonna see what I can find. Seattle is starting to be like a bad rash.

Seattle is starting to be like a bad rash.

First of all, I appreciate your help, dude. Very much. Secondly, and what a rash it is. I lived in Seattle for 3 1/2 years at the beginning of the 2000s. It's perfect for six months of the year. The other six months? Well, there's a reason it has the highest suicide rate in the country, let me tell you.

Thanks for the help, dude!

Totally appreciated. I can't understand, at all, why changing graphics on the playbook screen would cause the game to crash. I noticed you changed my priority WR numbers too--I can't think that those actually had an effect, because I only changed out tile graphics in the same section of the playbook where the typical playbook graphics are drawn from (I can add all of that back in easily enough). The actual alphabet white/black Defensive digit combo I can understand, though, as it's referencing different palette options altogether.

Dude, again, much much thanks.

Hey on my rom I can put at least 2 black and white letter tiles. If I put just one on yours, it causes that Seattle bug. However, yours is just com vs com in preason and season. On mine, you could not play a season at all. I guess the screen can only handle a certain amount of changes. If that is the case, then we've stepped into Jstout territory. I gonna see if I how much of the playcall screen I can get back without triggering that bug.

see, I worked with some of those modified defenses (for example, I pasted xplozv's (and bruddog's) defense code on my 'buck' rom) and I implemented the "number and letter tiles" on the play graphics screen (some were 3 tiles I recall) - I played through at least half a season with them - so I'm not so sure that's what's messing you up.

I just posted Just Bring It 4 without the huddle breaks. Defensive presnap movement and formation should be a lot easier to see now. I put original special teams back in, adjusted the coverage catches to a lower level. Enjoy!!!!

Dude the break huddle was nice. i'm a man vs man player (not season not coa) and this has the best d-fence options yet. the game play is faster than ice hockey and having ray lewis creep up for a blitz even scares me. If you do decide to sprinkle in some offensive audibles could you have the qb go down the o-line likes he baking out orders before the play? Also can you make a break huddle option for your problem free rom. great effort. thanks.

If you do decide to sprinkle in some offensive audibles could you have the qb go down the o-line likes he baking out orders before the play?

That's a great idea that I make happen. I'll plug that in soon.

Also can you make a break huddle option for your problem free rom.

The huddle break rom in the first post has since been fixed and no longer has any errors. I will be adding one with those offensive ideas you just gave me. Glad you're enjoying the rom.

Hey I haven't checked this game out but it sounds like I will have to. I've been busy with the TSB 3 playbooks and haven't had much time to surf this website. Can't wait to see your huddle breaks! We still haven't fooled around with our Defense that much to get huddle breaks yet. Anyways, we have our QB at random times after the break going up and down the Oline and it definately looks cool. I actually have made Option plays for TSB where the QB randomly pitches the ball or keeps it. It has some bugs that I'm working out that occur only when the Cmp controlled team runs it. But Man players it works just fine. May have to just not set it up for default playbooks so human players can add it to theirs if they want. But what we're doing for our motion on offense is that when you call an audible that is when you send a man in motion. (Even if you cancel, the motion will occur) The idea is that when a team breaks huddle and audibles, that team rarely changes formation. It is usually just hot routes or motion that happen. We're not sure if we're gonna have 2 types of motion per formation or just one. I'm leaning for one on most formations. But I'll have to check this game out. And on a side note, I think I can make a role playing game where all you control is one player on a team. There would have to be individual games for each position but working the plays I think I could totally make it happen. Even on plays not designed for that position you would still be in control of that player only. So if your a RB and your not in the passing routes, you'd have to protect the QB. Anyways keep Tecmo alive! Post, Play, Participate!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Great job on this. The huddle thing is awesome. How did you change the play call screen colors to yellow? This is one of the best roms yet!!!!

The only thing that I think that needs to be changed is that its too easy to return KO's and punts for TDs, in 3 games with Pitt in season I have like 4 total.

EDIT: I fixed the punt and kick returns. Go to Hex Address #2908B in the rom and change the value of 82 to 87. They seem alot slower now and not so fast. Found it here. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11033&p=87152&hilit=grapple+hack#p87152

If you do decide to sprinkle in some offensive audibles could you have the qb go down the o-line likes he baking out orders before the play?

I have this complete for my rom w/o the huddles, and I'm about 70% done with my rom that has the huddles. I will upload both as soon as I'm finished.

do you have set commands for the defenses? or the huddle break?

Here are the huddle break set commands for the offense. The defense commands have a lot of code so will set them up so that you will be able to copy and paste them. However, the defenses are split because I used Jstout's 3-4 4-3 rom, so look at the list in the first post as to which defense formation plays which offense formation and let me know how you planning on setting your rom up. I take it that you planning to put all of the defenses on a normal rom so I would have to adjust the play #s and such to make it work a normal rom.

I actually have made Option plays for TSB where the QB randomly pitches the ball or keeps it. It has some bugs that I'm working out that occur only when the Cmp controlled team runs it. But Man players it works just fine.

I made some options a while back for my JBI 2 rom. Here is the codes I made for it that allowed the COM to run it fine w/o any bugs. These may help. The triple option codes are setup to be run out of the true I-formation, while the the normal option is setup to be run out of any formation(just eliminate the dropback if you gonna run it out of the shotgun). I also put the huddle codes I used for my defense and the offense formations.

But what we're doing for our motion on offense is that when you call an audible that is when you send a man in motion. (Even if you cancel, the motion will occur) The idea is that when a team breaks huddle and audibles, that team rarely changes formation. It is usually just hot routes or motion that happen. We're not sure if we're gonna have 2 types of motion per formation or just one. I'm leaning for one on most formations. But I'll have to check this game out. And on a side note, I think I can make a role playing game where all you control is one player on a team. There would have to be individual games for each position but working the plays I think I could totally make it happen. Even on plays not designed for that position you would still be in control of that player only. So if your a RB and your not in the passing routes, you'd have to protect the QB. Anyways keep Tecmo alive! Post, Play, Participate!

You guys are doing some incredible things with TSB 3, and are truly maximizing its potential. With the last couple things I am adding such as the motions and defenses, I think I have just about pushed TSB 1 as far as it can go. I say that because of the lack of features like TSB 3 has, such as the real audible system. In TSB 1 you maybe have 8 tecmo seconds to work with unless you or your opponent is going to keep switching defenders until all the motions are done. With that being said, when I done, if there any way I can be of help to you guys, I'd be glad to.

How did you change the play call screen colors to yellow?

Playcall Screen Colors

Gameplay playcall screen:

At x1A102 put x28 to turn Ready to yellow

At x1A106 put x28 to turn route colors yellow

Team Data Playbook screen:

At x1A302 put x28 to turn red in striped bar to yellow

At x1A306 put x28 to turn route colors yellow

EDIT: I fixed the punt and kick returns. Go to Hex Address #2908B in the rom and change the value of 82 to 87. They seem alot slower now and not so fast.

That's because I have the hack in for them to use their own speed and not that of the RT.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f ... dicated+kr

Changing 82 to 87 makes them go slower because you're now using their REC as speed.

You are welcome though to adjust the rom to your liking. I have set this way to force Man vs Man players to play on special teams against each other and not just let the com make the tackle.

Huddle & Option Codes.zip

Offense Huddle Set commands.zip

Here are the huddle break set commands for the offense. The defense commands have a lot of code so will set them up so that you will be able to copy and paste them. However, the defenses are split because I used Jstout's 3-4 4-3 rom, so look at the list in the first post as to which defense formation plays which offense formation and let me know how you planning on setting your rom up. I take it that you planning to put all of the defenses on a normal rom so I would have to adjust the play #s and such to make it work a normal rom.

awesome! thanks.