TB to TSB

Lee52

I'll cut right to the chase and give you a little back ground: How do I get my brother in-law to play me in TSB?

I pretty much own him in TB...he's beaten me once in all of the times we have played (close to 25 times). I'm lights out with Chicago so we've resorted to closing our eyes and just moving the d-pad until we randomly stop. He's good with LA but I can still take him. TSB would be a better fit for him, more dynamic to the game. Here's a rundown of the last last four TB games I can recall:

Me_________Him

Chi 17______LA 14 - I came storming back from a 14-0 deficit at half-time to win this one with a field goal at the whistle. He tried his hand at me and Chi...no good in the end.

Min 3 ______Den 24 - My one and only loss; I've never played with Minn and I was out of sync. The receiver running plays do not work in versus play so I had one run and two pass...destroyed.

Cle 15 ______NY 14 - Once again, I came storming back. I was down 14-3 midway through the third and took Kevin Mack to the house twice, once on a goal line run and one on a screen. No XP's as one of NY's defenders (LT maybe?) was way too quick.

Cle 10 ______Dal 7 - Once again (sense a theme?), I'm down 7-3 in the fourth. My defense was stymieing his offense. I force him to punt but he puts me all the way back to my 20. Here comes Kevin Mack marching down the field. I pull ahead for good with a 20 yard dash with 23 seconds left. His last ditch effort resulted in a four and out and thus the game expired. As a kicker, he almost threw the controller.

So, here's my dilemma, I want to play him in TSB but he's not willing to change. It's like he wants more punishment and doesn't know enough to say "uncle," you know? He picks the same two plays so I've got him on that one; though on occasion he throws in one of the other plays for fun (I guess for fun, I'm confused why he only picks two of the four???).

Any suggestions to get him to migrate over?

P.S. sorry for the poor formatting...

11 man teams vs. 9 man teams

Actual NFL players with a playoff system, stats and everything.

Passes can be completed in coverage, which means you can win with luck.

Tecmo QB Eagles = Awesome

Tecmo Christian Okoye = Popcorn

If you ever want some to play TSB instead of TB, don't have them talk to Tecmo-Mad-Brad 8O

just keep playing original TB.

Hell i just got the fixed playbook cart in the mail today....i'll be investigating the hell outta that tonight.

Keep it real!

Nothing personal against anyone, this is just my opinion, but TB doesn't even compare to TSB! In fact, I think TB is horrible. It's like having a Harley in your garage and insisting on riding a moped. But to each their own.

Nothing personal against anyone, this is just my opinion, but TB doesn't even compare to TSB! In fact, I think TB is horrible. It's like having a Harley in your garage and insisting on riding a moped. But to each their own.

I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Well Happy New Year to you too, Tecmo Mad Brad!

Just a personal preference is all. Someone could give me 100 reasons why Madden > TSB and I wouldn't budge, so I guess I kind of understand.

I'd play TSB any day of the week over Madden. Easily.

TSB is obviously the snazzier game concerning the original. We grew up with the original and the nip and tuck game-planning and scheming with having only the 4 plays to choose makes for a real mental battle. More so than having 8 in TSB.

Happy New Year to you as well, and good luck with them fleas!

Seriously Bodom? TB rules! I first got into it on the GameBoy...ahh, the memories! I still have it though my GameBoy is not in the best shape. I have migrated to the NES version and the play is the same. I actually started to play TSB on Genesis and it was a whole other experience. I have to admit, TSB is awesome but there is something about simplicity that can takes the cake.

I want to get him over to TSB because I usually do put a hurtin' on him in TB (though last night he beat me 17-10, he was Chi and I was SF; I came back the next game and killed him with Sea 17 Wash 0). I'll get him over there one day...

What about Bad News Baseball? I saw a few posts on that game with attempts to hack that game, anyone have information on that one? And, what is your take on that game? I never knew RBI Baseball but I have played it and it is pretty similar, but BNB is just a classic.

Seriously Bodom? TB rules! I first got into it on the GameBoy...ahh, the memories! I still have it though my GameBoy is not in the best shape. I have migrated to the NES version and the play is the same. I actually started to play TSB on Genesis and it was a whole other experience. I have to admit, TSB is awesome but there is something about simplicity that can takes the cake.

I want to get him over to TSB because I usually do put a hurtin' on him in TB (though last night he beat me 17-10, he was Chi and I was SF; I came back the next game and killed him with Sea 17 Wash 0). I'll get him over there one day...

What about Bad News Baseball? I saw a few posts on that game with attempts to hack that game, anyone have information on that one? And, what is your take on that game? I never knew RBI Baseball but I have played it and it is pretty similar, but BNB is just a classic.

I love simple, don't get me wrong. It's just personal preference. I guess without TB we wouldn't have TSB (the greatest video game ever). Then again, I'm not really big into video games. I just love football that much that I need to play it when I'm not watching or actually playing it. I'm sure the original Tecmo Bowl has it's place in the hearts of many...I'm just not a fan at all.

Never played BNB, but RBI is a good one!

I came to TSB after playing TB for a couple of years - I didn't like it at first (I preferred TB for a long time actually - but I've since come around and consider TSB the funnest, now).

The things that I remember initially pissing me off on TSB:

bouncing off of blockers (you can't just run through everything - that is a huge gameplay difference)

fumbles

not intercepting a covered pass

not catching a wide open pass

players are smaller

seems like TSB is slower than TB in general

to get a guy to "migrate"...entice him with STATS!

good luck

Never played bad news baseball...will have to check it out. Still play tons of RBI though. With all the different player attributes and such, RBI is the best baseball game from that era in my book.

Yeah, no real named players but the teams are there with similar colors. It plays similar to RBI so you'll catch on quickly. I'd like to hack BNB but then again, I'm a noob at that.

I was about to make almost this exact same post! I got TB less than a year after it came out, and then got TSB when it came out.

I actually liked being able to throw into coverage, though. That is one thing about TB that always pissed me off. There is no way you should be able to run around with a DL making picks.

I couldn't get used to the smaller players of TSB for the longest time, but when I was able to adjust to that I started playing TSB exclusively.

I came to TSB after playing TB for a couple of years - I didn't like it at first (I preferred TB for a long time actually - but I've since come around and consider TSB the funnest, now).

bouncing off of blockers (you can't just run through everything - that is a huge gameplay difference)

fumbles

not intercepting a covered pass

not catching a wide open pass

players are smaller

seems like TSB is slower than TB in general

to get a guy to "migrate"...entice him with STATS!

good luck

That's the best part! I love calling a running play to one side and then cutting right through the blockers, it's great. I do remember playing TSB and wondering what was wrong with the game when I wasn't able to run through the grappling linement.

I should let him have Okoye and the Chiefs! I think it was Tecmo mad Brad said it best....popcorn! And yes, the stats are key though he's not a big stat guy...ah, whatever, i'll keep owning him at TB, who am I kidding, I love TB too much!

That's the best part about TB! I love calling a running play to one side and then cutting right through the blockers, it's great. I do remember playing TSB and wondering what was wrong with the game when I wasn't able to run through the grappling linement.

I should let him have Okoye and the Chiefs! I think it was Tecmo mad Brad said it best....popcorn! And yes, the stats are key though he's not a big stat guy...ah, whatever, i'll keep owning him at TB, who am I kidding, I love TB too much!

Dude, take it easy on the guy...I've seen potential TSB players ruined (stop playing TSB) by getting overly dismayed.

Really, let the guy win or let him stop you or let him break some crazy runs on you - just to have fun - eventually he might learn how to really play. (of course pretend like you're upset that he broke the run on you so he doesn't miss out on that feeling)... 8O

So, you can encourage him by letting him have some fun at your expense.

Dude, take it easy on the guy...I've seen potential TSB players ruined (stop playing TSB) by getting overly dismayed.

Really, let the guy win or let him stop you or let him break some crazy runs on you - just to have fun - eventually he might learn how to really play. (of course pretend like you're upset that he broke the run on you so he doesn't miss out on that feeling)... 8O

So, you can encourage him by letting him have some fun at your expense.

Oh yeah, believe me, I've definitely taken my game play down a notch...though when it's crunch time, I get pretty intense. That's pretty much why I'm losing all the way until the fourth quarter, give him that glimmer of hope!

Just to note Buck, I've been trying to play your TSB Loaded edition and I have to say, is it me or has the offense/defense been made more difficult? I'm sure it's the overall players gelling together but I'm finding it hard to score anything more than a FG!

Just to note Buck, I've been trying to play your TSB Loaded edition and I have to say, is it me or has the offense/defense been made more difficult? I'm sure it's the overall players gelling together but I'm finding it hard to score anything more than a FG!

I can score 70 points on it.

I can score 70 points on it.

Thanks for making me feel lame!! I'll have to keep at it...71 points here I come!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...