Madison's 6th Annual 88-man Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my 23-year-old brother just bought his plane tickets and he's tagging along with us to Madison (he's not in the tournament). He's bringing a video camera (might even borrow a real nice one from the university) and plans to take footage.

He's pretty good at video editing and etc, so maybe after the thing is said and done we'll have something to throw on youtube.

Really depends on how early a guy gets bounced... :D

Someone should be twittering or live-blogging...in fact, you could do it through knobbe by updating a post and letting people respond below...That'd really be sweet...

Well, say a guy like me who might show up but is not competing...that'd be a guy who could do it...but unfortunately, I don't think I can make a day of it...especially with a newborn at home...

I don't think that'd go over too well my friend...I get flack for not doing enough with my newborn as well so, yeah...congrats on the new baby!

If someone wants to be the official blogger(s) or videographer(s) for this site, I will hook you up with audience to view such work and possibly even one of those flip cameras if necessary.

Obviously we can set up a group of people to cover times so we don't have to worry about spending the entire time.

I'm forming up the Lincoln Tecmo League Association as we speak so I can get enough console work that I'm not bounced by 10 am. However, I'm more than willing to finish this work out at the end if I'm out given that it's be a waste of a drive if I didn't.

I had an interesting idea for the tournament - an activity to conduct while not participating in games. We've all been in fantasy drafts right? Well, I think it might be cool to assemble an 8 round draft, while the tournament is going, with up to 28 online players, to conduct a roster for an upcoming online tournament - also with the original TSB. Positions would be grouped from each team in the original rom: QB, RB, WR, TE, OL/K/P, DL, LB, DB, consisting of the 8 rounds.

Out of the roughly 80 players participating in the Madison tournament, I would imagine we could get enough interest to make this idea worthwhile. I bet we could actually make/and or order a customizable 'draft kit' w/tsb players, just like you do at your fantasy draft. I also think this might be another interesting aspect of this gathering for the media to cover. By no means do I have any intention of planning such a thing, considering I have no knowlege or skill when it comes to programming/websites, etc - but I thought I would just throw it out there as something fun to do while at the draft.

I had an interesting idea for the tournament - an activity to conduct while not participating in games. We've all been in fantasy drafts right? Well, I think it might be cool to assemble an 8 round draft, while the tournament is going, with up to 28 online players, to conduct a roster for an upcoming online tournament - also with the original TSB. Positions would be grouped from each team in the original rom: QB, RB, WR, TE, OL/K/P, DL, LB, DB, consisting of the 8 rounds.

Out of the roughly 80 players participating in the Madison tournament, I would imagine we could get enough interest to make this idea worthwhile. I bet we could actually make/and or order a customizable 'draft kit' w/tsb players, just like you do at your fantasy draft. I also think this might be another interesting aspect of this gathering for the media to cover. By no means do I have any intention of planning such a thing, considering I have no knowlege or skill when it comes to programming/websites, etc - but I thought I would just throw it out there as something fun to do while at the draft.

While I like the idea, I'm pretty sure you just created the HSTL....

Was thinking the same thing kind of, heh, but it's a tournament, rather than a league. And also, w/the technology that we've all become used to, this tournament could actually be played right there, following the commencement of the draft - or online at a later date. I also think, that it may be an element that some of the tecmoers there, (and perhaps this media swoon, heh) were not aware of - what Tecmo, now can be, and what it has evolved into.

I'm not married to the original rom players idea. It could be current too. heh. Perhaps, that would make the bigger impression. It was just a thought.

NOw that i have been confirmed to be in the tourney, who was it that wanted to carpool?

I had mentioned it a while back. I am coming from Chicago, so it's only about a 2 and a half hour drive, tops. Problem is, I think I already have a pretty full car. My girl and a friend are tagging along, to visit a friend that lives in Madison. Where are you coming from??

Won't be there this year, I've recently moved from Minneapolis to Dallas. Shame too seeing as how I ripped it up in the Ryder Cup ;)

For everyone on the fence - go. I was hesitant to go initially until I went with kingsoby1 one year and I must say Josh and Chet do a great job organizing and running the whole show. Quite simply it's the best TSB tournament in the US.

Is there a link that shows who is in, and who is an alternate? I know I saw it within here before. I know a few have dropped out recently. Also, what is our tv, console, etc status? How many of all do we have. Like I said, I'm in for one bundle of the whole package, including tv, console, game, controllers, a/c cord, a/v wires.

Note to everyone: Bring what you have!

Thanks Jeid. I'm saddened you won't be there this year, especially after how much fun the Tecmo Ryder Cup was this summer. Hope you're enjoying Dallas.

EOdell, you should have gotten an email from me last week re possible expansion and tournament update. As of right now, you're the 1st alternate. So basically, you'll be in the field of 72 in the near future.

Theoretically people will be running around with video cameras like it's they're at the Super Bowl.

Thanks a lot. Let me know how it went

If I have a Nebraska tourney, I'll make sure you're on the list.

I know this is later, but barring any unforeseen circumstances, i'ma go. Regardless of whether i can play or not. Hell, it's only an hour down the road. And i can bring hardware if need be. But most of all i gotta get some vidz and pix. Got to see what one of these Madison Tourneys is all about. Plus, it seems like this could very well be the "Nationwide Tecmo Tournament" we've all aspired to have.

Who woulda thunk it? Madison Wisconsin - Hotbed of 8bit Football.