15 minute quarters?

Carther

Hello, I have been away for about 5 years and am enjoying all of the new stuff jstout and cxrom have been doing. I see many people have changed the number of minutes in each quarter, but I was wondering if.....

You can change the minutes to 15 minutes per quarter and make the time run off the clock three times as fast as it does

now. That way you could have 15 minute quarters with the game taking the same time to play as it does now. Just thought

it would make the game more realistic.

I don't think it would be any harder to get a play off. It would just make it more realistic. For instance, right now 10 seconds can run off between plays, if you speed up the clock it would be 30 seconds. One problem I have always had with Tecmo Bowl is that the time is somewhat meaningless. You have 2:00 left in a real game you need to hustle to score. In Tecmo you could easily have 2 or 3 scores in that time. This way if you have 1 minute left you know you only have 2 or 3 plays left, like in a real game.

I messed around with this and it was kind of fun!

To set to 15 minute quarters you go to hex - 2224B and type in 15 instead of 05.

Then to set the clock speed you go to hex - 222A5 and type in 07 instead of 14.

The above settings get the 15 minutes to run down in about the same time as 5 minutes do normaly.

The lower the number you put in to hex - 222A5 the faster the clock runs.

I put in 01 and 15 minutes ran off in 2 or 3 plays.

Then I put in 10 and it was a little too slow, timing Com vs. Com games got me down to the setting of 07, but 08 is not

that bad either. I would use 07 for pro games and 08 for college games as there is a little more scoring. For Big 12 games

I would put in 09 since no one in that conference has much of a defense.