punt return avg

estang74

Don't know if this was ever discussed but I am playing a season with sea since I never have and Warren is a beast on the punt returns. So far I have a 16.0 avg after 4 games. Anybody ever pay attention to their punt return avg for the season? I wonder who on this board would have the best avg over a season. After I finish this season, I'll post the results.

E

Did an entire SKP season with default simulation setup. Here are the punt return rankings. (No one scored a touchdown in the rankings. :lol: )

1. Meggett - GIA. - 14 PR, 192 yds, 13.7 AVG

2. Brown - RAI. - 16 PR, 189 yds, 11.8 AVG

3. Howard - WAS. - 12 PR, 135 yds, 11.2 AVG

T-4. Query - G.B. - 18 PR, 198 yds, 11.0 AVG

T-4. Williams - PHI. - 12 PR, 132 yds, 11.0 AVG

6. Taylor - S.F. - 12 PR, 126 yds., 10.7 AVG

Warren finished 21st with 11 PR, 92 yds and an average of 8.3. It's just how the sim works...

Here are the stats from my season

15-1 The one loss was a turnover fest against the chiefs

Krieg 134 for 230 46 td 9 int 3137 yards

pizza 40 for 63 9 td 2 int 863 yds

blades 28 879 td 10

kane 53 1856 td 31

heller 39 511 td 5

fenner 26 334 td 8

williams 22 332 td 1

Warren cooled out alot as the punt return D got better as the season went on but his kick returns were great

KR 62 for 1156 td 3 for an 18.6 avg

PR 18 for 131 td 0 for an 7.2 avg

The strong safety MS is used for punt returners, not the actual player. So, Bengals are best at returning punts using Fulcher's 69MS.

I understand that. I'm talking about who could get the best punt avg in a season on these boards. Something different to keep the game fresh.

• 7 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I decided to answer anyway.  I recently finished a season with Houston, and averaged 10.6 yards per return with Lorenzo White. I put him in at punt returner because of his poor ball control, and he never fumbled and never got injured. 

1 hour ago, bruddog said:

The punt returner ball control is hard coded (the same for everyone) so it doesn't matter who is back there as far as that goes. 

I know it's hard coded, that's why I put White back there.  I figured it was the only place he'd be useful. I also didn't want to beat up a good player on punt returns. I thought it was good for a punt returner to make it through a whole season without fumbling or getting injured. He had a nice return average to boot. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hassan Jones for MIN is the best punt returner in the game...One year I averaged 21 yards a return and 2 TD's....he had about 600+ yards that year if I remember correctly.  (I did it about 11 years ago).......punt returning in Tecmobowl is all about reflexes, skill, reaction time, and D-pad chops, and I have all four...that's why I'm so good at it.  If your not born with good field vision, you won't be good at it no matter what the tech geeks on this board have to say.