Keeping Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra Alive

raiderfan2kx

Here are some college teams to consider for future projects. Some might already have been done. Basically, it would be any team that was voted #1 in one of the polls, any team that was undefeated, or any team that went into the bowls with a chance to win the championship. Plus a few other top five finishers here and there.

I'd been working on this project for Madden. This list might not be exhaustive--it's really just ideas. It looks like the team packs for 1995 through the present had a lot of teams per year so I'm starting with 1994.

1994: Penn State(Undefeated), Nowledge (Poll champion)

1993: Florida State(1), West Virginia(6-NC loser), ND(2), Nebraska(3-NC loser)

1992: Alabama(1), Miami-FL(3), FSU(2)

1991: Washington (1), Miami-FL (AP), Penn State (3)

1990: Colorado(AP), Georgia Tech (1)

1989: Miami(1), ND(3), FSU(2)

1988: ND (1), Miami (2), FSU (3), Michigan (4), WV (5)

1987: Miami-FL(1), Okla(3), F$U(2), Cuse (4)

1986: Penn State (1), Miami (2-NC loser)

1985: Oklahoma(1), PSU(3-NC loser), Michigan (2)

1984: BYU (1), Washington (2), Auburn (3), BC (4), OK State (5)

1983: Miami-FL(1), Nebraska (2-NC loser)

1982: Penn State (1), SMU (2)

1981: Clemson (1), Pitt (2), Penn State (3)7

1980: UGA (1), Pitt (2), Oklahoma (3)

1979: Bama (1), Southern Cal (2)

1978: Bama (AP), Southern Cal (1)

1977: ND (1), Bama (2), Arkansas (3)

1976: Pitt (1), Rutgers(UD), Southern Cal (2)

1975: Okla (1), Bama (3), Arizona State (2)

1974: Oklahoma (AP), Southern Cal (1), Bama (2), Ohio State (3)

1973: ND(AP), Bama(1), Penn State(5/UD), Miami-OH (17)

1972: USC (1), Okla (2), Ohio St (3), Bama (4)

1971: Oklahoma(3), Nebraska (1), Bama (2)

1970: Nebraska (AP), Texas (1), Ohio State (2)

1969: Texas (1), LSU(7), Penn State(2/UD), Southern Cal (4), Arkansas (3)

1968: Ohio State(1), Penn State(3/UD), Southern Cal (2)

1967: Southern Cal(1), Tennessee(2)

1966: Notre Dame(1), Michigan State(2)

1965: Bama(AP), Mich St (1), Arkansas(2)

1964: Bama(1), Arky (2)

1963: Texas (1), Navy (2)

1962: Southern Cal (1), Wisconsin (2)

1961: Bama (1), Ohio State (2), LSU (3)

1960: Minnesota (1), Iowa (2), Ole Miss (3)

1959: Syracuse (1), Ole Mss (2), LSU (3)

1958: LSU (1), Iowa (2), Army (3)

1957: Ohio State (1), Auburn (AP)

1956: Oklahoma (1)

1955: Oklahoma (1)

1954: Ohio State (AP), UCLA (1)

1953: Maryland (1), ND (2)

1952: Michigan State (1), Ga Tech (2)

1951: Tennessee(1), Michigan St (2), Maryland (4)

1950: Oklahoma(1), Texas (2) Tennessee (3)

1945: Army

1939: Texas A&M

1938: TCU

1936: Minnesota

1935: SMU

1933: Princeton

1927: Illinois

1926: Stanford

1925: Dartmouth

1921: Cornell, Cal

So I was digging through one of my old drives and found an early version of TSBU. In fact the first version from what I recall had the added helmet/logo introduction and you could customize the introduction music and have a logo come up when you loaded it. I haven't been able to get my earlier version working but as this comes up once every couple of years, is somebody trying to repair or complete the project out?

Godfather: Oh well, Add-On Packs are for new teams to be added, for the record Godfather i think you can do some more college football teams if you want even if you had the USA Today College Football Encyclopedia if you wish

Leebo: Probably Someone else will do it, so i wish some one at the Tecmo Bowl Forum could do a revival of Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra by picking where we left off

As for me I'm expecting to add more NCAA Football Teams in the next Expansion Pack, probably throw in some more fantasy teams, so stay tuned.

Godfather: Oh well, Add-On Packs are for new teams to be added, for the record Godfather i think you can do some more college football teams if you want even if you had the USA Today College Football Encyclopedia if you wish

Leebo: Probably Someone else will do it, so i wish some one at the Tecmo Bowl Forum could do a revival of Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra by picking where we left off

As for me I'm expecting to add more NCAA Football Teams in the next Expansion Pack, probably throw in some more fantasy teams, so stay tuned.

That's an excellent idea. I think I have the USA Today encyclopedia in the closet.

What was the program you used to edit the players and teams? I know I've used it before (to change Rod Smart to He Hate Me) but it's been a long time and I can't remember what it was.

That's an excellent idea. I think I have the USA Today encyclopedia in the closet.

What was the program you used to edit the players and teams? I know I've used it before (to change Rod Smart to He Hate Me) but it's been a long time and I can't remember what it was.

Tecmo Super Bowl Manager and/or Tecmo Super Bowl Manager 2000, whichever is first, so i wish you could probably do some more Classic College Football Teams that weren't in the game (wishing that we want more Pac 10 from wayback when, so i want the 1990's!)

Thanks, got it.

I'll work on it when I get a chance.

Okay, Good Luck and hopefully we could have more College Football Teams to Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra, and probably everyone in the forum would make a project to put Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra back to life and everyone can replay their Historic Seasons from the NFL and NCAA!

• 2 months later...

And so the Wait is now over!, Add On Pack #15 is finally here included 4 Fantasy Teams (in which they are consisted of those girls competing in the Miss Texas USA Pageant in the first 4 years of the Al & Gail Clark era), 1997 UGA Bulldogs (featuring Dancing With The Stars season 12 winners) and 2 teams that predicted by Phil Steele of the 2011 College Football Preview book that they will make it to the BCS National Championship Game, Alabama and Oklahoma among more for download, right here.

So if you want to upload more teams, please reply here and i'm adding another Add On Pack soon, probably it will include more 2011 Teams like Stanford (Andrew Luck), Oregon (Cliff Harris), Luke Kuechley (Boston College), Jared Crick (Nebraska), and more, so if you want to do so, reply here to this thread.

Add On Pack #15.zip

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

NEVER LET IT DIE!

It's Official Our Project to keep Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra Alive, will no longer die, PERMANENTLY!

For the Next Add-On Pack will including the 2011 & 2012 NFL Seasons as well as More NCAA Football Teams as well, so i'm going to upload it probably by the Sunday Night or Monday, which is ever is first, thank you.

Well this is the Moment we've all been waiting for Add On Pack #16 is uploaded and it includes 11 new Classic NCAA Football Teams as well as the complete 2011 & 2012 NFL Seasons plus added uniform numbers for 1973 Stanford, please download here, and if you want to contribute more NFL Seasons and some College Football Seasons and or Teams, please reply here!

Add On Pack #16.zip

Edited by raiderfan2kx

Can someone walk me through how to set this up and start a game successfully? I tried extracting everything to one folder, and "tsbultra.exe" loads correctly, but when I start a game, it gets stuck on "Setting Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra Teams...". I let the number get to 10,000 before shutting it off. I tried again, same thing.

Also, clicking on "tsbultra50.exe" showed an error window (can't find tsbhelper), and now it does nothing when I click on it.

Last, Knobbe said earlier in this thread you could adjust certain hacks like "juice". Where do you set things like that?

Can someone walk me through how to set this up and start a game successfully? I tried extracting everything to one folder, and "tsbultra.exe" loads correctly, but when I start a game, it gets stuck on "Setting Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra Teams...". I let the number get to 10,000 before shutting it off. I tried again, same thing.

Also, clicking on "tsbultra50.exe" showed an error window (can't find tsbhelper), and now it does nothing when I click on it.

Last, Knobbe said earlier in this thread you could adjust certain hacks like "juice". Where do you set things like that?

At Least You can try compatability mode using Windows XP.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Love the work guys.  Great job.

btw, 1971 Oregon Ducks has Dan Fouts as black as the ace of spades!  I like the black Dan Fouts better to be honest.

Well at Least, Dan Fouts could fix skin color to white on the Next Add On Pack & Patch, However The Next Add On Pack that i'm going to issue will feature the 2013 NFL Season and Rosters, In Addition I Will Create a New League on my Riding High to the Union City story about the United Football Circuit featuring the same 32 NFL Teams but with different NFL Legends so I'm going to work on Future Seasons for Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra so stay tuned and don't forget to upload more of your created teams or leagues to Tecmo Super Bowl Ultra, So I can't wait for it, good luck!

• 4 weeks later...