Increase/Decrease injury rate HACK....

bruddog

Not sure how many people would be interested in this but I always though injuries were a bit too rare. Thanks goes to jstout partially as I was digging through an old thread about how to turn injuries off in season mode.

Anyways here is how to increase/decrease injuries:

@25EBB change the hex to c9

@25EBC change hex to injury rate value (XX)

XX is the injury rate. For those that don't know hexidecimal, FF=256. If you put FF @25EBC that means that a player will get injured (256/256 =1 ) every play. If you put 80 there, the player would get injured (128/256 =0.5) every other play.

nice find, bruddog! This is something I've wanted to tweak for a while.

So what do you think a good (realistic) rate is?

Also, is there a way to tweak how soon they come back from injury? It would also be cool if there was a probability that an injured player could come back in the next quarter.

There might be a way to tweak it how soon they come back but that's beyond my skills.

If my analysis is correct the current unhacked rate is 3%. That means out of every 100 tackles you would average 3 injuries. From my experience it doesn't seem like injuries occur that often

I might try 5%. I messed around with 10% just for fun. At first there weren't many injuries despite a lot of carries in the game for tackles and then 5 players got injured within 2 quarters.

• 2 months later...

Just curious on something.................

What does the C9 change do?

On the original rom, it's C5 45 and on Bruddog's rom it's C9 05.

So, is 05 equvilant to 5%?

I'm just wondering, cause you said the injury rate is 3% in the original and I'm curious, how you came up with that number. 8O

• 1 month later...

I am not using the correct terminology but you should be able to get the idea.

C5 45 refers to a location in memory. It looks like it is a random number of sorts whose average value works about to 2-3%. I can't remember

C9 does a direct compare on the next byte 05. So 05 would equal 2% I think.

• 1 year later...

I don't think my suggested injury rate hack ever worked right because i wasnt sure what kind of vale it was loading before the compare.

This fix should do the trick

@25EB8

A5 3B - Load Random @ 3B into accmulator

EA- no operation

C9 05 - Compare value to 5

This should set the injury rate to 2%.

• 1 year later...

So I was looking more into the default code and the default tecmo code has two different injury rates. It has one for normal offensive plays and one for kick and punt returns.

Normal play rate = 2/256 = 0.8%

KR/PR play rate = 7/256 =  2.7%

Almost 3 times as likely to get injured on kick returns

So I was looking more into the default code and the default tecmo code has two different injury rates. It has one for normal offensive plays and one for kick and punt returns.

Normal play rate = 2/256 = 0.8%

KR/PR play rate = 7/256 =  2.7%

Almost 3 times as likely to get injured on kick returns

where do you set the KR/PR injury value?

• 2 weeks later...