Any way to hack in more then 32 teams?

Same concept as getting a save state after a preseason game

There is room to add more teams, but season mode wouldn't work. There's not enough sram to track all the stats.

Would you be able to get a .sta at the end of every game even if the rom doesn't track the stats?

Same concept as getting a save state after a preseason game

There is room to add more teams, but season mode wouldn't work. There's not enough sram to track all the stats.

Would you be able to get a .sta at the end of every game even if the rom doesn't track the stats?

Right, that's what I figured. In that case it might be worth doing. You could just use a stat extractor to track seasons. What is the most teams you could pack in, if you take out all the code that is only for tracking season stats?

• 10 months later...

You can't have more than 32 in the SAME ROM, but you can use multiple ROMS to accomplish this.

I'm doing a 'franchise' mode on my own ROM(s) and I currently have up to 40 teams for Season 2.

How I'm doing it is:

I have one "Master ROM" where all of the teams are stored using the JAVA editor gmtsb-standalone-0.9.jar (which I found somewhere on here I believe).

On this ROM (and .tsbsup) I have all the teams stored, 28 in the "normal" spots and then the rest on the sidebar under "Other Teams":

masterrom.jpg

Then for playing a season, I make copies of the Master ROM (and .tsbsup file) and rename them, then edit those to set up the teams specifically how I want them.

My league is set up as follows:

Northeast:

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

New England Patriots

New York Giants

New York Jets

New York Nighthawks

Philadelphia Eagles

Pittsburgh Steelers

Toronto Titans

Washington Redskins

Midwest:

Bismarck Bandits

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts

Lansing Sparrows

Minnesota Vikings

Sault Ste. Marie Saulteaux

Traverse City Lakers

South:

Atlanta Falcons

Dallas Cowboys

Houston Oilers

Kansas City Chiefs

Kilgore Rangers

Louisville Ocelots

Miami Dolphins

New Orleans Saints

San Antonio Texans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

West:

Anaheim Spartans

Denver Broncos

Las Vegas Aces

Los Angeles Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Phoenix Cardinals

San Diego Chargers

San Francisco 49ers

San Jose Apaches

Seattle Seahawks

So with this setup I need to make 2 copy ROMS to play the season:

I name one NortheastMidwest.nes and put all teams from those two leagues into "playable slots" and then edit the schedule for them.

I name the second SouthWest.nes and put all the teams from those two leagues into "playable slots" and the edit the schedule for them.

Because all teams are contained inside the Master ROM I can easily mix and match by making more copies, so to have a playoff between all of these teams at the end of the season I simply create a third copy, put all of the playoff teams in it, sim to the playoffs, edit the spots so that the teams are where I want them to be on the bracket, and then play through the playoffs.

Also, because all the teams are contained inside the same Master ROM, I can move players between teams even if they play in different ROMs during the season.

With my current setup of 40 teams I have 8 "dead" teams in each of my season ROMs (aka teams who are in a league that is playing in the other ROM), but I simply set the schedule up so these teams only play each other and I just ignore their stats and whatnot.

It is a bit complicated, but it makes it possible to play a season with more than 28-32 teams.