TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

6 hours ago, bruddog said:

That tries to set the skp vs skp season mode simulation stats based on the player attributes automatically

I hate to ask you for further explanation, but I have no idea what that means. How is it different from the normal Skp vs. Skp games? is it simming the games outside of the rom so that you can see what those stats will be? 

I mean the skp vs skp mode uses special simulation variables. 

If you just change the player ratings and simulate a season by doing skp mode then the simulated stats wont make any sense. 

The tool attempts to change the simulation rating variables to the right values if you change all the player ratings. 

No it just bases the simulation ratings based on the new player ratings. 

@SBlueman would probably be glad to explain it further. 

5 hours ago, bruddog said:

I mean the skp vs skp mode uses special simulation variables. 

If you just change the player ratings and simulate a season by doing skp mode then the simulated stats wont make any sense. 

The tool attempts to change the simulation rating variables to the right values if you change all the player ratings. 

No it just bases the simulation ratings based on the new player ratings. 

@SBlueman would probably be glad to explain it further. 

Thanks. Another question. Can you export the rosters in this tool to like a .csv? Would make it easier to take a look at and know what changes to make. 

7 hours ago, Respectedgen1us said:

Thanks. Another question. Can you export the rosters in this tool to like a .csv? Would make it easier to take a look at and know what changes to make. 

The TSB tool can do this also. Click the 'save data' button and name your file with a .csv at the end.

57 minutes ago, Respectedgen1us said:

NICE! Thanks man. I really appreciate your help. 

I have another question? How do I edit the playbooks?

Just have to load up a rom and view contents. Double click a line that says 'TEAM = bills SimData=0x340, OFFENSIVE_FORMATION = 1RB_3WR_1TE
PLAYBOOK R4614, P5827 '  and you will be able to change their default plays and formation. 

For creating your own plays, you'll need the TSB Playmaker tool.

If you want to get into sim code editing, here is a great read on the site to check out:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/10512-applying-sim-data/

In the thread a discussion about the sum of 32 for the 4th number in the sim code will dictate reception totals.

Another thing to check out is the spreadsheet posted by @jstout here:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/10512-applying-sim-data/?tab=comments#comment-90250

Eventually you'll find that with the right playbooks, lineups and code you can get the teams to perform close to how you want them to. It's going to take lots of messing around and running many simmed seasons. I suggest using an emulator to test your game that can speed up the gameplay like FCEUX.

Edited by SBlueman

• 1 month later...

When I put my ROM in, it says it is a Regular TSB ROM. So is there another editor I can use? I should note that it says this on the cmd screen. I can see the rosters and what not in the text box but can't find the code to edit quarter times. I'm assuming that's on the cmd screen

Edited by Brian St'Denis

18 hours ago, Brian St'Denis said:

When I put my ROM in, it says it is a Regular TSB ROM. So is there another editor I can use? I should note that it says this on the cmd screen. I can see the rosters and what not in the text box but can't find the code to edit quarter times. I'm assuming that's on the cmd screen

Quarter length is not listed in the text data. But it is settable (through a 'SET' command). And should be available in the 'Hacks menu' 

# 15 minute quarters
SET(0x2224B, 0x0F)

The '0x0F' is the number '15' in hex format. You can change it to whatever number you want. But probably don't get too crazy and put a huge number in there.

6 hours ago, BAD_AL said:

Quarter length is not listed in the text data. But it is settable (through a 'SET' command). And should be available in the 'Hacks menu' 

# 15 minute quarters
SET(0x2224B, 0x0F)

The '0x0F' is the number '15' in hex format. You can change it to whatever number you want. But probably don't get too crazy and put a huge number in there.

Ohhhhhhh and just like that, it makes sense. what's the hex format for the number 10? 0A?

Edited by Brian St'Denis

6 hours ago, BAD_AL said:

# 15 minute quarters
SET(0x2224B, 0x0F)

So what is listed in the text data and how do I avoid the cmd screen from telling me I have a regular NES ROM?

6 hours ago, Brian St'Denis said:

I am having a hard time editing the color of jerseys on this XFL ROM I have. Can anyone help? I'm trying to edit the SF Demons who are the Patriots. I'm not seeing any COLORS line. I am seeing COLORS at the top of the editor but nothing by the actual teams.

Go to "View" from the toolbar and select "Show Colors".  They will show up underneath the playbook info for each team.  Double click anywhere within the color info.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:10 PM, Brian St'Denis said:

So what is listed in the text data and how do I avoid the cmd screen from telling me I have a regular NES ROM?

There are 3 ROM types that the program knows how to edit.

1. Original NES ROM

2. Original SNES ROM

3. The 32 Team ROM that the member 'CXROM' created about 10 years ago. 

There are some variations of the ROMS that will play, but that the program can't edit correctly due to data being at different locations. It should tell you when you load the ROM which one it thinks is loaded.

• 3 weeks later...

When loading an SNES ROM, this message appears. This is a "clean" and unmodified ROM file.
WARNING.thumb.png.1382a812a60033a71202536dc8fcdb18.png

So, I click "Yes" and the ROM seemingly loads. However, after I click "View Contents" then "Player/Team" or "COLORS", NONE of the teams show up in the drop down lists.
5ac80805770ed_Noteams.thumb.png.966f14373fd3dc0c4177fa26a38fa380.png

Is this a common thing and what can I do about it? I'm running it on Windows 10.

Edited by bhat85
listed OS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Recently started playing with an emulator. Is there a way to edit Tecmo Super Bowl Final edition’s Sim data? I made players and they do well when I play and on “coach” mode, but for some reason suck on skip mode. I saw one tool that automatically adjusts Sim data but I don’t think it works on Tecmo 3?

• 2 months later...

Editing team names on a 32-team rom is a bit tricky and TSBTool won't be of much help. Check out this post by @bruddogwhich gives you a good way to edit the team names:

Here are some other threads to check out:

If you are editing a standard 28 team game you can use this editor to change the team names and abbreviations:

New Version posted!   [version "1.2.0.0"]

(uploaded in first post of this thread )

This new version finally allows you to change the team's abbreviation, city and name (checkbox under 'View' menu). 

There is a little more functionality that you can read about in the README file.

I left in my 'Debug Dialog' under the 'Hacks' menu. A few people might find it useful , but I expect most people won't have a use for it.

To set a team's  abbreviation, city and name the following syntax is used:

• TEAM_ABB=BUF.,TEAM_CITY=BUFFALO,TEAM_NAME=BILLS

Works on all the supported ROM types (original NES, 32 team NES, SNES version).

Don't make the city or team names too long or they won't look right in the Team's info screen.

Since it's a new version, it might have new bugs. Take precautions when editing and report bugs in this thread.