TSB Editor - TSBTool Supreme - Season Generator

BAD_AL

Tool updated again [new version = 1.0.0.3] (due to some extra time I had this holiday season) :)

I've kept up version '0.91 Beta' because that is probably the best tested version.

File is located in first post in this topic.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11106-tsb-editor-tsbtool-supreme-season-generator/

1. Added Schedule GUI

2. Added support for CXROM 1.11 (Except formations)

4. Added a Menu item under 'HACKS' that will check all the 'SET' commands looking for locations that were set more than once (so you can see if the hacks conflict with one another).

================================================================================

Double click on schedule to bring up scheduler gui.

CXROM 1.11 Rom should not really be used, but I added support for it to make the program 

more compatible with it's java (android) counterpart.

Added a menu item that will check every 'SET' command loaded into the editor to ensure that

you're not setting the same location multiple times (it will however ignore warning you against 

identical lines because you're setting them to exactly the same value and hence there isn't a conflict).

Also, for SET commands like:

>>>> SET(0x2224B, {28TeamNES PromptUser:Msg="Enter desired quarter length":int(1-15)} )

The line will only apply to a 28 Team ROM, it will not be applied to a SNES or 32 team ROM.

Edited by BAD_AL

I found at least one incorrect set command. I'm sure this is due to trying to do compares as some of the roms may not have been only modified with one thing. The

Th int return hack has: SET(0xbfb5,0xe3fcfcffe031fefae3fcfcffe030fe)

It should be SET (0xBFC5, 0xF720E100E00AE208E304F608E4DFFEFF)

• 4 weeks later...

I found at least one incorrect set command. I'm sure this is due to trying to do compares as some of the roms may not have been only modified with one thing. The

Th int return hack has: SET(0xbfb5,0xe3fcfcffe031fefae3fcfcffe030fe)

It should be SET (0xBFC5, 0xF720E100E00AE208E304F608E4DFFEFF)

ok, I'll fix that in the next release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bad Al, while you're around and while it's fresh on my mind after just finishing my rom, is it possible to change the player attribute entry fields from drop-down fields to simple selection fields, like in my attached picture?  I realize it sounds nit-picky but when you're entering the values for 960 players and there are about 6 fields per player on average, that equals 5,760 entries and scrolling/clicking a field multiple times to make one entry adds up after a while.  I'd love to be able to just machine-gun through each player entry and save an hour or two.

post-10763-0-60206500-1409087267_thumb.j

Bad Al, while you're around and while it's fresh on my mind after just finishing my rom, is it possible to change the player attribute entry fields from drop-down fields to simple selection fields, like in my attached picture?  I realize it sounds nit-picky but when you're entering the values for 960 players and there are about 6 fields per player on average, that equals 5,760 entries and scrolling/clicking a field multiple times to make one entry adds up after a while.  I'd love to be able to just machine-gun through each player entry and save an hour or two.

attachicon.gifTSBToolSupreme ideal player pop-up.jpg

Why don't you use the text editor? You can rip through ratings.

Thanks for switching that to the proper forum Dave.  Well, I tried text entry.  With having to add the commas and spaces, it becomes just as time-consuming if not more so.  When I enter ratings, I'm always holding a card in one hand to "underline" all the ratings as I go down my list, and have my mouse in the other.  We're getting really specific now, but if there was a comma on the number section of the keyboard (instead of a period), then I might be able to enter via text at a quicker rate but it seems like if you wanted to go fast, you'd have to have both hands on the keyboard (left hand close to the comma and space button; right hand on the number section), which isn't feasible, for me at least. 

Thanks for switching that to the proper forum Dave.  Well, I tried text entry.  With having to add the commas and spaces, it becomes just as time-consuming if not more so.  When I enter ratings, I'm always holding a card in one hand to "underline" all the ratings as I go down my list, and have my mouse in the other.  We're getting really specific now, but if there was a comma on the number section of the keyboard (instead of a period), then I might be able to enter via text at a quicker rate but it seems like if you wanted to go fast, you'd have to have both hands on the keyboard (left hand close to the comma and space button; right hand on the number section), which isn't feasible, for me at least. 

Did you know you can open a txt file in Excel as a CSV and vice versa?

Are you changing attributes by hand while looking at a print out of Madden ratings? Wow!

Amazingly, no, I didn't know that.  So I can save the TSBTool roster as a .csv file, open it in Excel to enter the player ratings and save again as a .csv file, then re-open it as a text file in TSBTool without issues?  Is that how you guys do it?

If I'm making mass edits, I do this exclusively.

You can change the extension of a CSV and TXT file and it simply will dictate what program opens the file

Well, I guess I'll have to try that next year, thanks Knobbe.  Any more tips on how to streamline the data entry process?  It would be nice if there was a program that recognized names from one list (like a list with Madden-converted Tecmo ratings) and matched them up with highly similar names on another list (like a new season's roster file) and replaced the data therein.

Well, I guess I'll have to try that next year, thanks Knobbe.  Any more tips on how to streamline the data entry process?  It would be nice if there was a program that recognized names from one list (like a list with Madden-converted Tecmo ratings) and matched them up with highly similar names on another list (like a new season's roster file) and replaced the data therein.

Excel. This is what I'm building to rate 130 college teams.

Please tell me you have been using Excel for your ROMs!

I'm going to post something in your ROM thread that should help you going forward.

Well, I use Excel to automatically convert the Madden ratings to Tecmo ratings.  When it comes to entering those ratings into the roms though, no, I don't.  I print out the ratings and then read them off to myself as I go down the list in TSBToolSupreme, starting with the Bills starting QB and ending with the Cardinals P.  It takes forever.

• 7 months later...

I've been working on this spreadsheet on and off for a while now.  It's not quite finished but it helps take a bunch of the nit picky data entry stuff out of the equation.  I have a lot of columns in there for notes and such but basically here's what you need to know to use the final sheet, Paste Config.

playbook sheet - column C, F, and H, J, L, N, P, R, T, and V are all used to build this section:

TEAM = bills SimData=0xab0, OFFENSIVE_FORMATION = 2RB_2WR_1TE
PLAYBOOK R1215, P7131

I haven't worked out yet how the numbers in the playbook match up, most likely just the digit corresponds to the play in order.

schedule sheet - this sheet is incomplete pending the 2015 schedule release.  We know the opponents each team is facing, just not in what order aside from the London games.  Starting at cell A37 I planned on using a an Excel formula to do the heavy lifting.

QB/RB/WR/TE/OLINE/KICK/PUNT/DEF sheets - this is where the fun happens.  Conf/Div/Team columns are there just for sorting purposes.  Player names need to be changed in the firstname LASTNAME format.  Face and Jersey can be inputted along with all player stats.  Note the backups for positions traverse right just to make it easier for me to paste formulas.  For RB/WR I also left in notes for kick/punt returners.  Any highlighting indicates pro bowl or all pro which helped me determine stats.

sim data sheet - the magic starts coming together here.  Columns D, E, and F are for team sim stats and data entry from the above position sheets wind up here.  Columns after each player stat are for sim data as desired.  Note I have the original TSB Bills there just for my reference.  Rows 38 and on are just my notes.

Paste config sheet - this is what you'll need to build your rosters.  Heavy use of the concatenate command along with some copy/pasting helped make this happen.  Delete rows 22 through 55 as that was only a sample for me.

Reading this thread I see there's a uniform section now, I'll need to work that in too.  I hope this helps folks looking to make their own rosters and find data entry the most daunting part.

Playbook.xlsx

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2014 at 8:01 PM, BAD_AL said:

ok, I'll fix that in the next release.

@BAD_AL just a heads up that the faster INT returns SET command didn't get updated yet. BTW...I have been saving text files of commands in the hack file but the drop down menu wont display all of them. I have 23 files saved but only 18 show up in the hack drop down menu. Any way to change that so all files will show?

• 5 months later...

Click on 'View'

Click 'Show Colors'

Then 'View TSB Contents'

You'll then see a line in the text that looks like this :

COLORS Uniform1=0x200512, Uniform2=0x200712, DivChamp=0x2001022520, ConfChamp=0x15010220, UniformUsage=0x24248122
Then double click on that line.

Hope this helps!

Edited by gojiphen malor

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2017 at 7:14 PM, SBlueman said:

@BAD_AL just a heads up that the faster INT returns SET command didn't get updated yet. BTW...I have been saving text files of commands in the hack file but the drop down menu wont display all of them. I have 23 files saved but only 18 show up in the hack drop down menu. Any way to change that so all files will show?

I don't think I ever tried with that many.

Could you zip up your setup and upload for me to have a look at?

On 10/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, BAD_AL said:

I don't think I ever tried with that many.

Could you zip up your setup and upload for me to have a look at?

I ended up deleting the files out of the hacks folder. It was all just text files for each hack. I stopped trying to save them all there after I posted the SET Command thread