TSB NCAA Ultimate Editing SuperPack

ruben4

Alright, so I have decided to release an "NCAA Ultimate Editing SuperPack" to help all of those people attempting to edit TSB, especially the 32-Team Version, and in particular those wanting to make an NCAA version. Most of the things in this pack are all of the editors, roms, and editing documents that are needed to do so. Most of these things were created by others and downloaded off of this site, however I have made quite a few changes to some of the editing documents to help make editing easier, as well as making the updates necessary to edit the newer 32-team Roms, especially the ones with the "Options" menus on them. I have also added an NCAA Logo Rom, which is a TSB Rom that is intended to only be used with Tile Layer Pro or another graphic editor program, so as to have all the different NCAA team helmets and logos in one location for easy editing and swapping. I have also created a Rom using the TSB General Manager so that you can have the Rosters for all NCAA teams that you want to be used (transfer rosters from the 28-team on TSB Gen. Manager to 32-team Rom via TSB Tool). All of the teams and rosters on this Rom are still incomplete, but a great start. Various recent NCAA Roms that I have created are also included to use as examples and as a base to edit on. I have included my 28-team NCAA 2007 rom, especially if you would like to use any of the playbook edits from that Rom. My documents and Roms are most definitely not completed and many things still need to be added and updated, so anyone who has the information to do so feel free to make those changes and repost (Especially how to edit the rosters of the NFC West teams on the 32-team ROM with 'All Options", TSB Tool doesn't work for that one). Thanks to all of the people who have created all of the things that I have included in this document. I hope this helps make editing TSB to NCAA significantly easier for people.

Here are some suggestions that I have for current editors that would really greatly help in the process of editing TSB:

- Update TSB General Manager to handle the 32-Team that has the Options menu with all 6 Changeable settings

- Update Graphic/Tile Editors such as Tile Layer Pro so that every tile box has a listed, decimal based location for easier graphic finding and recall OR update FCEUX to have a graphics editor either similar to Nesticle or one similar to Tile Layer Pro that has On-Screen tile locations so that graphics can be found easier and thus changed easier.

TSB NCAA Ultimate Editing Super Pack4- Emulator and Hacks.rar

TSB NCAA Ultimate Editing SuperPack3- TSB Gen Manager and NCAA Rosters.rar

TSB NCAA Ultimate Editing SuperPack2- Helmet Editing Docs, Playbook, Roster, Roms, etc.rar

I'm new to this whole thing, and realy look forward to giving it a try. Thanks for giving all this awesome information.

I've been using the General Manager, but I'm trying to transfer them to the 32 team. I can't get TSB Tool to open though. It gives me an error message that says it cannot access the file, and that maybe I don't have permission to open it. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ruben4, I wanted to thank you for putting together this editing package because it's been very helpful for me trying to figure out the annoying helmets.

I have a question for you that may seem obvious to some but I'm still a rookie at TSB editing. Is there a way to cut and paste all the helmets in one rom and replacing them in another rom? If I know the location of all the helmets as a whole section and open two programs, like Hex Editor, wouldn't that work? Thanks.

By the way, the NCAA rom you tweaked for me has been very popular with my group of friends. We're doing a season and it's been a blast.

Yes, you can do that. You can start by "clicking and draging" using a tile layer like 'Tile Layer Pro" to get the right helmets/logos etc... from one ROM to the other, but then you will have problems with the colors because you have to program via hex which color pallette you want to use with which tiles (the tiles will be all screwed up too if the hex locations for the helmets aren't the same between the two ROMs). But then you can just use a Hex Editor and cut and paste the tiles' locations from the ROM you are copying from to the new one. You will then also have to edit (copy and paste via hex) the color pallettes to make sure that everything lines up. Though I don't explain that specifically in the any of the Editing Docs within the SuperPack most of the information that is necessary to do that is in there.

What I ususally do is just try to use a ROM that has the major features that I want and then edit from there. But when it comes to the mini-helmets I have mainly had to just edit from scratch because of the new ROMs that have been created and how they changed all the hex locations, etc... It can be a bit complex and time consuming, but now I should be able to use this last year's NCAA ROM to edit on here after. This last one took a little while longer for me because it was the first time I had done it with the 32-Team ROM instead of the 28 team ROM. There are some software programs I would like to see created and/or added to ones that already exist to make some of this stuff a little easier, but my not being extremely educated in the computer software biz and not really knowing the guys who created the particular programs I would like to have them edit (FCEU and the Tile Layers) doesn't really help me to get those kind of things done.

Hope that helps you out.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...