Buck's TSB 09-10 ROM (new plays!) EOS UL Feb 27

buck

Feb 27, 2010

This is it.

Buck TSB 09-10 EOS UL

The Tecmo Super Bowl ROM for all play styles! MAN v MANMAN v COMCOACH, etc.

Recent Adjustments:

Added JSTOUTs 'Ultra Logic' - basically, COM defense picks your play a bit more and tries to 'learn'. UL stands for "Ultra Logic" as termed by JStout, the guy who came up with the idea and the code. It only relates to COM controlled teams defensive play-picking.

Graphical Tweaks - Check Season Leaders

Updated some rosters and sim stats

Updated some ratings

"Vanilla" updated as well (no 'Ultra Logic', though)

Formation Abbreviations

Formation Name =1B = one backRS = run and shoot (spread)SG = shotgunSGT = shotgun T (t = two backs)L = L formation (kind of an offset PRO) named "L" because the QB,RB1,RB2 look like the letter "L" and it fits the spacePRO = pro setOI = offset I (with RB2 at tailback, like the original set)INV OI = inverted offset I (RB1 at tailback, and the set is "flipped" when compared to OI)2TE = two tight-endsWCAT = wildcat5 WIDE = shotgun with no back (all lined up as receivers)if you go to the playbook screen during the game, you'll see how it works.1. an abbreviation of the formation2. followed by a brief "description" of the play3. who really cares what the description is - look at the picture, run it, see what happens, remember it.to me, the most important thing was lining up how the 'formation names' look for the in-game playbook selection - so you can easily (quickly) set up a playbook against a MAN opponent.

This NES TSB Rom is a heavily modified version of Tecmo Super Bowl.

features/hacks

1. 32-team rom (cxrom version 1.05)

2. in-game playbook adjustability

3. many new plays/formations (wildcat, etc) /adjusted majority of COM QB code 

4. 2009-2010 NFL season players/uniforms (with 2009-10 Pro Bowl Rosters)

5. realistic/reasonable simulation

6. Pass Accuracy Hack (it is completion/interception variable now)

7. Quickness Hack (quickness is used as speed for defensive returns)

8. HP Hack (Hitting Power is factored into grapples)

9. COM "mojo" Hack (COM plays pretty good defense)

10. increased COM "juice" levels (for season play)

11. Kickoff and Punt Returners use their own Max Speed

12. Shorter Punts (maybe 65 yard max)

13. All Kickoffs range from 20 yd to middle of endzone

14. Preseason Injuries (causes bug when playing Pro Bowl vs COM - but it's worth it for MAN v MAN)

15. Different QB/PR fumble probability (QBs fumble more)

16. Ratings are based on standard TSB system (with a little extra flavor here and there)

VANILLA VERSION

There is also a "Vanilla" (pure) version available -

it is the same as "Loaded" except:

no preseason injuries

no HP Hack

no COM "mojo" (coverage) Hack

default COM Juice values

no "Ultra Logic"

Thanks

CXROM - for the base 32-team rom with in-game playbook editing (v1.05)

J STOUT - the king of TSB hacking – for educating the entire NES TSB community.

M KNOBBE – without knobbe.org, TSB would not be where it is.

Enjoy -> feel free to give me any feedback/suggestions/bugs.

Edited by Knobbe

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work on the playbook! I noticed on the wildcat pass 4 you can throw it to yourself. Was that intentional so someone can use it as a dique move with the arrow trick?

yeah, it's intentional. originally, the wr2 and qb were swapped (and qb was the pass receiver) - but I never got around to change the LCB bytes, so I just recently put wr2 down there so he would get covered when D picks a pass play.

[...one night (on TM 2) I was playing a friend who was using Wildcat, and I was covering the QB -> about 15 yards downfield, the QB started grappling me (a FS) - he chucked me - and then caught the game winning pass. there was much screaming.]

I gotta try the wildcat so I can see what the TM Bears are gonna look like... :lol:

the 34CHI use all the T plays!

Buck do you have the code you used for each play? Or do you have to pull it out of the rom.

have to pull it - why, what's up?

I started playing a season. So far, I haven't had this much fun (and challenge) playing the computer in a decade.

Excellent, excellent work.

cool

obviously, we want to steal them. :lol:

I'll trade you my plays for your defensive playbooks! 8)

Nice, it's like fantasy football trading, TSB MOD-style. Something tells me on both of our ends, transferring any of this data is going to be a giant pain in the ass. CX_ROM's 1.11 update to the 32 team ROM, especially--when the few remaining glitches are gotten out of it.

obviously, we want to steal them. :lol:

I'll trade you my plays for your defensive playbooks! 8)

Nice, it's like fantasy football trading, TSB MOD-style. Something tells me on both of our ends, transferring any of this data is going to be a giant pain in the ass. CX_ROM's 1.11 update to the 32 team ROM, especially--when the few remaining glitches are gotten out of it.

nah, man- to copy playbooks, use BAD_ALs play editor...AFAIK, the only thing that it leaves behind are the "run names (name of RB that gets the ball)" and the names of the plays that get used for the 'in-game' playbook changes.

...and I think that to copy defensive stuff, just copy and paste the relevant rom sections.

but yeah, it would help if the stuff is on the same version because cxrom always seems to shift shit around.

Ah. For some reason I was under the impression that your adjustments changed more than just data in the playbook section of the ROM. That's good to know. It would require some splicing, though, for sure. My defensive reactions rely heavily on the offensive adjustments I made to the OL and misc. RB/WR/TE blocking patterns.

Ah. For some reason I was under the impression that your adjustments changed more than just data in the playbook section of the ROM.

I don't know what other data (sections) you could be referring to?

Stat-based data. Registering plays for seasonal statistic purposes and the like.

I have no idea of any of that. You mean like how many yards a particular play will sim for?

Where is it 0x ?

In wildcat, although the runningback passes, the stats go to the quarterback correct? At least that is what has happened to me so far.

At least someone gets the stat. Last I checked, TSB doesn't record passing stats for anyone besides QBs.

This good sir. Is incredible. On a scale of Steve Grogan to QB Eagles this leans heavily towards the Ultimate Weapon.

Since people have asked about the differences about different 2009-2010 Tecmo mods then I shall review them. Your's will be first, I shall make a new thread for this.