NBA Live 09 OMEGAAA

DoubleA

Good people.

I'm sorry it took longet than I expected. I changed all team colors. Updated team rosters. AND RATING. Last year's stats...I didn't touch. Also, Trademark did a Bobcat Version..I updated those players but if you like we can figure how to put those players into the game through the roster. Trademark, thanks for creating that Beta Version. I just realized some of the player numbers aren't correct. I worked with this rom for the last four months. So it's not a big deal to me.

I started in January and ended in April. IF ANYONE wants to know what the figures mean ...in the EXCEL SPREEDSHEET..get at me. I'm also on Yahoo IM.

"Getting around the expansion draft is fairly easy. I used the Editor to put the players on the Raptors and Grizzlies, run the draft and select "draft both teams." Press start to skip the first pick, then confirm. It'll crash, but soft reset, and then the game will recognize the rosters. I've included a video to show exactly what I mean."

Also, I'll probably realease a throwback Uniform version.

IM me if you have any questions.. Doubleanva.

Thanks to the following...

http://www.romhacking.net

http://www.programmersheaven.com

http://www.databasebasketball.com

http://www.hoopsanaylst.com

http://devster.proboards22.com (Mairtrus..I can't repay you enough for showing the way.)

Dejfatman..for making a dream come true.

NBA Live OMEGAAA.zip

Fellow Hackers,

I looked at this rom and it's full of imperfections. The one I did in 06/07 was built by spreadsheet.

I'm going to have to probably rebuild it by spreadsheet.

I'll be on yahoo IM tonight..I'm self employed ..I had a FUGG'ed up day at work, be patient with me. If I use mispelled words then blame it on the Remy. :D

I'll take a look at the rom tonight to find how to correct it in the EDITOR without rebuilding...

- AA

I just happened to find my way back here today. What a pleasant surprise! Good work.

Why are there doubles of expansion (Toronto & Memphis) players on each regular team?

Had you figured out what some of those unknown values in the editor mean? If so, do those value effect how the computer plays, or is it going solely off ratings? The only unknowns I knew for sure was the second to last top right, which is "Years Pro" and the ? to the right of PTS, which is "Ejections".

How'd you edit the jersey colors? (Great job with that!) Anyway one could possibly edit the arenas/team logos possibly add new heads?

Is there a particular stat or stats you used to measure intangibles (Speed, Agility, Jumping)?

How did you rate rebounding? That for me was hardest thing, as I felt the original ratings didn't seem consistent.

I just happened to find my way back here today. What a pleasant surprise! Good work.

Why are there doubles of expansion (Toronto & Memphis) players on each regular team?

Had you figured out what some of those unknown values in the editor mean? If so, do those value effect how the computer plays, or is it going solely off ratings? The only unknowns I knew for sure was the second to last top right, which is "Years Pro" and the ? to the right of PTS, which is "Ejections".

How'd you edit the jersey colors? (Great job with that!) Anyway one could possibly edit the arenas/team logos possibly add new heads?

Is there a particular stat or stats you used to measure intangibles (Speed, Agility, Jumping)?

How did you rate rebounding? That for me was hardest thing, as I felt the original ratings didn't seem consistent.

GUYS HIT ME ON PM...

DOUBLEAnVA at YAHOO (IM)..if u got questions..better yet PM ME! (Sometime I'm not online.)

I don't mind sharing info..because as an AQUARIUS..."It's all about KNOWLEDGE sharing."

Mark...

we can talk. I'll give ya what I got. PM meand leave ya what I got, dude. ALSO LEAVE A PM CELL NUMBER! I can be quick about it.

Enjoy my third version...

I'm a single man.. so I guess I'm kinda BUSY. :lol:

Love u guys.

- AA

Welcome to my Q&A!!

Here goes...

"Why are there doubles of expansion (Toronto & Memphis) players on each regular team?"

Answer: It was for draft reasons...more than likely...there are two programing layers. One...The PREVIOUS YEAR didn't have edit player and it didn't have anything except a different VIEW of the game. This question isn't that important almost. Not unless you're Dejfatman..who already knew the question..I'd ask him for an Exact technical answer..

"How'd you edit the jersey colors? (Great job with that!) Anyway one could possibly edit the arenas/team logos possibly add new heads?"

Answer: Why? I mean editing heads can be done in the second Part of the question. If You want to TOIL with team logos you need to do the work. I gave the list of webb sites to get it going. Logos and faces...I'd do it with a tile editor...do the reasherch and not be lazy. I worked hard on research. Do your's. Tile Editing is NO JOKE when working with Sega Genesis unlike NES or SNES. Good luck.

"Is there a particular stat or stats you used to measure intangibles (Speed, Agility, Jumping)?"

Answer: This question kinda VERY upsets me.. If you EXPORT THE DATA under the the option to "EXPORT"...you'll find the answer. I got it, because I actually look at the data. Anyone ...Look at the data...please. In the spreadsheet you can see the old players. I know alot more than most. That's why I ask can help U. If we compare the most players ..using http://www.databasebasketball.com and analyze date...you can compare names and see data. Also THE MOST IMPORTANT INFO IS...if you watch NBA you can compare players to what they are. Kobe...I hate to say is ...A JORDAN type player...in the year of 96!!! Lebron is the friggin Tripple Double King...OSCAR ROBERTSON. DWayne Wade...He's tricky. He's like Jordan but almost list Penny Harday..STAT wise for that year. Understand stats. DEBATE.

Also you guys might have a problem. If yo don't know what the ratings are when ya start it's a prob. The rating system updates as the player play. That SWALLOWS. You can't get a solid start. No consistant number ratings. Be creative. But moreso..analytical.I can assist.

"Had you figured out what some of those unknown values in the editor mean? If so, do those value effect how the computer plays, or is it going solely off ratings? The only unknowns I knew for sure was the second to last top right, which is "Years Pro" and the ? to the right of PTS, which is "Ejections"."

Answer: Ok. I have all the rating figured out EXPCET for "Ejections." I think I did. BUT "Years PRO"...logically can't exist...the game only has ONE SEASON. What my research found was in THE PC version there was MUlitple Seasons..once again multiple hands quickly provide a SOLID solution. :lol: I can give u the data rating s I have.

"How did you rate rebounding? That for me was hardest thing, as I felt the original ratings didn't seem consistent."

Answer: I got the info. I will willingly give it.

Talk to me...btw...if you have a Mother thant"birthed" you..or one that was a mom..even a Grandmother...wish her a Happy Mother's Day. For Me. :|

Thanks..Talk to u guys later.

- AA

"Is there a particular stat or stats you used to measure intangibles (Speed, Agility, Jumping)?"

Answer: This question kinda VERY upsets me..

I simply asked because of stuff like this.

You have Derrick Rose as a 86 in speed, when the Bulls/Celts playoff series showed he's at least as fast as Rondo, who you have ranked as a 92, or as fast as Chris Paul, who has a 95, and stated publicly that Rose is even faster than him. You have Gerald Green rated as a 60 in jump when his main claim to fame as a pro is his explosive leaping ability. You have Dahntay Jones listed as a 40 in Defensive Awareness when he's the Nuggets' primary perimeter defender. I was just curious as to whether stuff like that was based on stats or opinion.

Not trying to upset anyone. :lol:

Answer: Ok. I have all the rating figured out EXPCET for "Ejections." I think I did. BUT "Years PRO"...logically can't exist...the game only has ONE SEASON.

Compare the numbers in that category in the original roster to the years in the league for a given player in the '94-'95 season. Cross check that by the "Years Pro" category in Live '96 for SNES for any player. They match up. It doesn't appear in the game for some reason, but that's what that slot appears to be for.

Here are 3 examples: Dennis Rodman, Sean Elliott and David Robinson.

Live '96 SNES screenshot

nbalive960000.png

rodman.png

elliott.png

robinsont.png

Answer: This question kinda VERY upsets me..

I simply asked because of stuff like this.

You have Derrick Rose as a 86 in speed, when the Bulls/Celts playoff series showed he's at least as fast as Rondo, who you have ranked as a 92, or as fast as Chris Paul, who has a 95, and stated publicly that Rose is even faster than him. You have Gerald Green rated as a 60 in jump when his main claim to fame as a pro is his explosive leaping ability. You have Dahntay Jones listed as a 40 in Defensive Awareness when he's the Nuggets' primary perimeter defender. I was just curious as to whether stuff like that was based on stats or opinion.

Not trying to upset anyone. :lol:

Answer: Ok. I have all the rating figured out EXPCET for "Ejections." I think I did. BUT "Years PRO"...logically can't exist...the game only has ONE SEASON.

Compare the numbers in that category in the original roster to the years in the league for a given player in the '94-'95 season. Cross check that by the "Years Pro" category in Live '96 for SNES for any player. They match up. It doesn't appear in the game for some reason, but that's what that slot appears to be for.

Here are 3 examples: Dennis Rodman, Sean Elliott and David Robinson.

Live '96 SNES screenshot

nbalive960000.png

rodman.png

elliott.png

robinsont.png

Brother,

understand I used the last official PRIMA Documentent Book for NBA LIVE. It was NBA LIVE 06. IT had ratings for that year. Anyone INCLUCING yourself, can change ratings for their own personal usage.

"You have Derrick Rose as a 86 in speed, when the Bulls/Celts playoff series showed he's at least as fast as Rondo, who you have ranked as a 92, or as fast as Chris Paul, who has a 95, and stated publicly that Rose is even faster than him. You have Gerald Green rated as a 60 in jump when his main claim to fame as a pro is his explosive leaping ability. You have Dahntay Jones listed as a 40 in Defensive Awareness when he's the Nuggets' primary perimeter defender. I was just curious as to whether stuff like that was based on stats or opinion."

For EA , an Million dollar operation..Did it incluce TradeMark and DoubleA. FUGGNO! LOL!!! You and are basing ratings on what we KNOW.Instead of of being prescise on what we know with a room full FULL of highly paid-ANALYST. Let's be real ...You and watch NBA games. I can be honest...I don't watch em all. Comcast snagged my shyt. I don't have NBA TV. I analyzed thru looking at STATS for four months. You need more important info. More than TWO analytical guys can INPUT.It's necessary. I can't do that because I DON'T have the time. I trying to run a biz. BUT I LOVED THIS enough, to do my part.

Now stats..

Profressionalism... is everything. If paul says he's not faster than Rose...so WE take his opionion. NO!, I won't. (REMEBER THIS..EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE!) How many guys has a Rookie beat a VET to the basket, you know???? It's all stats TO ME. NOW I can't tell you the measure for performance. I can't. I used to used the NBA Live PSN/XBOX/PS2 hint guide. Was I wrong...Very well. Could've been? My opionion....I DON't KNOW! :0) It was a guide. Increase the DEF AWARE for D. Jnoes and see what happens. I have a PC that plays all emulators...I SIT HERE AND WATCH ALL PC SIM EMU GAMES. I change vales all the time. And watch the SIM GAMES.

CAN SOMEONE CHANGE THE TIME FOR QUARTERS? THAT'S WHAT I WANT PERSONALLY. :|

"Compare the numbers in that category in the original roster to the years in the league for a given player in the '94-'95 season. Cross check that by the "Years Pro" category in Live '96 for SNES for any player. They match up. It doesn't appear in the game for some reason, but that's what that slot appears to be for."

First of all, Trademark. I'm not mad at you for asking questions. Be mad at a guy who won't give u the INFO to make this BETTER. What I was dissapointed in YOU WAS, YOU DID NOT NOT LOOK INTO THE PREVIOUS YEARS. That was the folly! You would not have known this..after looking at the stats I realized they did this. Honestly, it was SLOPPY for THE DEVLOPMENT TEAM. I cursed them a many of NIGHTS. The Programmers used previous years STATS. Why??, I don't know. How the FUGG did Don McLEan end atop of STATS in certain categories?? I don't know by looking at the spreadsheet, but I can KINDA see over his previous years! HE WAS A BEAST. That's why I included http://www.databastbasketball.com. You and I can converse...BECAUSE..after this year..you're going to have your hands FULL? There's NO WRITTEN Guide FOR RATINGS, FELLAS!! EVERYTHING IS LIVE RATING.

THAT"S WHY I SAID IT ALMOST ANGERED ME. UNDERTAND ME? I love you Trademard for putting this out here asking to imporve it.

"Here are 3 examples: Dennis Rodman, Sean Elliott and David Robinson.

Live '96 SNES screenshot

nbalive960000.png

rodman.png

elliott.png

robinsont.png

Somewhat related question; has anyone tried to edit NBA Jam and is it possible?

There's this. I haven't tried it myself, but with a screenshot like this

nbajamosteamselect2vz8.png

I might have to.

I've always liked NBA Jam, even though I dislike the NBA as a whole. (The officials are SOOOOOO terrible)

Meh. It ain't the official's faults. It's the NBA protecting their 50 billion dollar assets: the players. It's for the same reasons that in 25 years or so NFL QB's won't even allowed to be tackled--it'll be a flag football league by then.

I despise what the NFL has done, that's my biggest gripe, the humping of QB's. OH MY GOD, YOU TOUCHED THE QB! *flag*

BTW, it will be in 14 years, not 25, when touching the QB will be outlawed. Last year, I made the declaration that 15 years would be the time, and a year has passed.

But the NBA isn't close to the same sport as college and high school basketball. There doesn't even seem to be a lot of strategy in the NBA, and the definition of the foul changes every possession, and traveling is allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

After playing the rom I see some changes have to made.

The Stat tracking is jacked up. I'm trying to fix it.

I recognize certain player numbers are incorrect. I'm trying to get some time to fix them.

Also, if anyone can help me locate the game clock in the rom..I'd like the change the game time..possibly from 12 to 10 minute quarters.

Thanks.

- AA

• 3 years later...