Tecmo Super Bowl 2010 v1.0 - SEASON READY *Updated 8/28/09*

jeid1

Here's is my NFL 2009-2010 rom.

This rom has current NFL rosters as of 8/28/09; including Favre on Vikings, Vick on Eagles, etc.

----------------

Update History

v1.0 - Rosters and SIM data updated for NFL season. Some small miscellaneous errors fixed

v0.5 - Huge update including all roster transactions (including OL), draft picks, team and individual player sim data, playbooks customized to teams, and other smaller things

v0.4 - 2009-2010 schedule fixed, multi-color uniforms added (pants/helmets now have 2 colors) - but still only 2 colors total... an alternative uniform version and my unchanged uniform versions have also been created. Juiced version added (increased CPU player abilities).

v0.3 - Fixed Jason Campbell's ratings, Added full 2009-2010 season schedule

v0.2 - Fixes glitch with BUF QBs (thanks Alfonso)

v0.1 - Initial release

----------------

Hacks included are:

Grapple hack: Man v. Com grappling is almost a guaranteed win for the MAN player despite HP, but Man v. Man grappling uses Bruddog's idea, which bases the grappling almost primarily on the HP of the player using probability (i.e. the bigger the differential of HP between two players, the more likely the higher HP player is likely to win). Man v. Man popcorn is also present as well.

PA/PC hack: PC is how accurate the QB is with the location of his throw, PA is the INT% of the QB.

Conditions hacks: Conditions for each player change after every play and player 2 ratings have been fixed.

Kickoff position hack: Kickoffs have been moved back to the 30 yard line, primarily to improve starting field position due to the low range of KR ratings.

Punt Return MS hack: Punt returns have been edited similar to kick returns to the low range of ratings.

Punt Length hack: Punts now range between 55-65 yards on average usually, instead of 70+.

----------------

Huge thanks to jstout for all the hacks, he's an amazing man. Big thanks to Yak for giving me permission to use his rosters as a template for my rom. Cxrom for the 32 team rom and Big Al for Tsbtool. Also, big thanks to Coach_Bama for his multi-color rosters, they rock.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated in regards to ratings and/or the rom. I'm always looking to improve on things for future roms I make. Please let me know if you have any questions as well.

Known Problems: I know some numbers are off and some players may be the wrong skin color - these will be fully fixed in a future release. Several new players haven't chosen a number yet so it's not worth the effort right now. If you could post any errors you find, I'd really appreciate it. Also some uniforms have color discrepencies in cutscenes (such as scoring a TD) where they are different colors - such as the Vikings have purple jerseys on the field but white jersey in cutscenes. I'm hoping to fix this, if possible, in a future release.

Jeid

PS. If you wish to use one or several parts of my rom, please contact me before doing so. I am glad to share in basically every situation but would like to know beforehand. Thanks!

GO HERE FOR THE ROM

--> NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2010 - by InLo-Fi.com

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job. I like it, it plays very well. At first I thought some players were rated too low, but after playing, I'm very impressed how well everyone Gels.

Great platform even to get ready for the 2009 year rom.

just basically change the NFL logo to have only the four stars.

and the schedules are out already, just need to update those.

and then the drafted players.

not much at all.

I'm going to get back to my season.

Good stuff here. I haven't gotten to far into a season, but I'm liking it quite a bit. There are a few errors in the rom, namely with player numbers like you suspected. Offhand, Matt Cassel is going to wear #7 on the Chiefs (16 is retired for Len Dawson; Remember Montana as 19 :D), Mario Manningham and Sinorice Moss on the Giants are actually #82 and #83, respectively, while Roy Hall on the Colts wears #83 (#88 hasn't been reassigned since Harrison left). Also, on the Cardinals, Ben Patrick is listed as a WR and Steve Breaston is listed TE, when it should be the other way around (Although, I haven't played as or against Arizona yet, so I don't know if that was done in the interests of gameplay or a mistake).

EDIT: Oh, and Trent Edwards. Aside from his being black, the 100 PA and PC is... odd? :D

Hi, just been checkin out the site/boards for a while today...great stuff. TSB has gotta be my favorite football game ever, one of the best NES games. Loving this 2010 update here...new schedules just came out, will be checkin back for an update for sure (no idea how this stuff works, or how long it takes). Then theres the draft in a few weeks too lol...Keep up the good work, it is awesome.

Also, was trying to find a good NCAA game but not a whole lotta luck...best one seems to be the 2006 version to me, except the ACC teams Id have to replace WF and another for FSU and Miami (Also Ark with Alabama)...would be unreal then :D. The 2007 version is loaded down with SEC teams...oh well, great work on this tho!

I still don't understand Jason campbell's accuracy of passing rating. That makes him essentially equal to p.manning etc.

Passing skills Rating importance

PA-This is what PC was before

PS- this matters but still not worth as much as PA

PC-The difference in errant throws between 44 and 69 is really very small.

I know he only threw 6 ints but he was

1. sacked at a rate elite qbs don't get sacked at (7%)

2. only threw 12tds. his TD% is pretty low and its not all getting gobbled up by rushing tds so that suggest that he has subpar Wr's and also probably doesn't throw down field enough in order to avoid the turnover.

It's one thing to avoid interceptions but tis another to avoid ints while also moving your team down the field.

56PA I'd be happy with. Even 63PA is stretching it but reasonable but 75pa just makes no sense.

I still don't understand Jason campbell's accuracy of passing rating. That makes him essentially equal to p.manning etc.

Passing skills Rating importance

PA-This is what PC was before

PS- this matters but still not worth as much as PA

PC-The difference in errant throws between 44 and 69 is really very small.

I know he only threw 6 ints but he was

1. sacked at a rate elite qbs don't get sacked at (7%)

2. only threw 12tds. his TD% is pretty low and its not all getting gobbled up by rushing tds so that suggest that he has subpar Wr's and also probably doesn't throw down field enough in order to avoid the turnover.

It's one thing to avoid interceptions but tis another to avoid ints while also moving your team down the field.

56PA I'd be happy with. Even 63PA is stretching it but reasonable but 75pa just makes no sense.

Campbell - 31-69-13-19-50-44-75-75

vs

Manning - 25-69-13-25-63-75-69-69

There's a pretty big difference between the two - far from "essentially the same" - but I get your point. I'll change Campbell to 56-44-63-69, the increase in PS to help off-set his lower completion percentage due to a drop in PA (he completed ~62% of his passes last season)

Thanks for the input.

This could be balanced out by decreasing the WR and TE receptions, no?

Not really. The qb PA is much more important because it effects the int % of lone defenders (such as jumping ints).

This is what I'm saying though. If you give a QB a high PA, he is less likely to throw INT's to lone defenders, but it can be balanced out by giving his WR's less RC.

So basically, a QB with 56 PA with a WR 75 will have the same chance of completing a pass as a QB with 69 PA and a WR with 63 (assuming they are both covered by a defender with the same INT value). The only difference being the QB with 56 PA is more likely to get picked off by a lone defender.

Of course there are other variables such as PS and PC....

v0.3 is posted.

This fixes Jason Campbell's rating, thanks to input by Bruddog

Also to make it a worthwhile update, I added the entire 2009-2010 schedule :D

As far as numbers / sim data goes, this will all be done most likely after the draft as roster transactions decline drastically a couple of days after the draft.

Thanks all for the great feedback. Keep it up.

jeid

Sweet thanks man...great and fast update!

I went ahead and played half a season on v0.2...Broncos still tearing it up on passing with orton (leading the league in total passing and marshall has almost double the receptions of the 2nd place rec.) with no rushing hardly and the Bears look exactly the same with Cutler as they did last season.

Lovin it so far, keep it up...can't wait for the draft, thanks!

Ok for the Bears:

LT John St. Clair is in Cleveland and RT Tait is retired. Orlando Pace is the LT and last year's formerly injured 1st rd pick Chris Williams is the RT. Olin Kreutz is misspelled.

Hunter Hillenmeyer is very white, as is Craig Steltz (but Danieal Manning might start at FS)

Oh, and hopefully Torry Holt will be the Bears WR2 :D

Ok for the Bears:

LT John St. Clair is in Cleveland and RT Tait is retired. Orlando Pace is the LT and last year's formerly injured 1st rd pick Chris Williams is the RT. Olin Kreutz is misspelled.

Hunter Hillenmeyer is very white, as is Craig Steltz (but Danieal Manning might start at FS)

Oh, and hopefully Torry Holt will be the Bears WR2 :D

I forgot to mention I didn't update OL yet - this position more than any other always flip-flops before the start of the season so it's on the list to do post-draft. It also wasn't on the depth charts I used to update the rosters.

Race issues will be fixed in a future update as well (when the rosters are more set in stone) but thanks for pointing them out... I thought I made Hillenmeyer white but apparently not. You know your team much better than I so thanks for your input.

I did find a small little bug, dunno if it something with all roms or what...not a biggie, but here it is:

Im about 7-8 weeks into a season on the 0.2v (maybe fixed on 0.3), but when I go to the NFL Leaderboards, under Scoring...when you go over to view NFL LEADING SCORERS - TOUCHDOWNS ...it list #1 SOIWC - AFC - 40 TDs, #2 SOIWC - NFC - 24 TDs, and #3 UDCEFGEZ - NFC - 19 TDS...then the real list starts at #4 which is LT - S.D. - 13 TDs.

Again, not a biggie, but wanted to let you know just in case. Thanks!

Also, Schedules did not change man...still have 2008 schedules on 0.3v.

Thanks for pointing this out... it has been fixed.

v0.4 will be uploaded and the original post edited.

Also featured in 0.4 will have multi-colored uniforms (helmets/pants) thanks to the hard work of coach_bama :D (but still only 2 colors total) if there are problems with these, I will put my uniforms back on the rom.

Who is this Bamatecmo guy and why is he cutting in on my racket?

heh

Anyhoo, Jedi ( :D ), I'm glad you like the uniforms. However, I urge everyone interested in my alternate uniforms to read my thread, http://www.tecmobowl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12116, specifically the last post on the first page, first paragraph, where I explain how to use the original uniforms and my alternate ones within the same season! It doesn't take much effort and using the IPS patching utility is extremely easy; if you can get an emulator to work, then using the IPS utility is a breeze.

Alternately, jeid1, maybe you could provide two or three different downloads of your ROM, with the only difference being the uniform patches (and the original). I feel it is important to keep circulating ROMs with the original uniforms intact, so as not to risk damage to the gene pool. Also, one of my uniform patches won't overwrite the other, although both patches overwrite the original uniform set. I explain this, too, in my uniform thread (first page) that I linked to in the above paragraph.