Tecmo Super Bowl 2010 v1.0 - SEASON READY *Updated 8/28/09*

jeid1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying out your Mod and have a question. Why do all of the teams have the same starting plays? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the hard work,

Brian

It's a very typical playbook, and it probably helps get the sim stats right as well.

Jeid, I noticed that your SIM Stats for QBs range from 0 - 5. You don't utilize 6 - 15. Is there any particular reason for this?

I find using a low range creates a more equal 1:1 TD/INT ratio for most QBs and increases the parody of their ratios, which is similar to the NFL.

Jeid, I noticed that your SIM Stats for QBs range from 0 - 5. You don't utilize 6 - 15. Is there any particular reason for this?

I find using a low range creates a more equal 1:1 TD/INT ratio for most QBs and increases the parody of their ratios, which is similar to the NFL.

Great Information. Didn't know that.

• 1 month later...

Amazing job thus far!!! -Memo for (if not, all) future 2009-2010 releases:

49ers helmet + uniforms need to be updated. -Uniform colors/variants should probably just be reverted back to the original Tecmo Superbowl uniform colors/palette (and pretty much slap the new logo onto the old TSB helmet design).

San_Francisco_49ers_helmet_rightface.png

NFCW-Uniform-SF.PNG

Thanks a bundle, and keep up the awesome work!

• 2 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying your ROM over the last week or so...thanks for all of the hard work.

I noticed you have JJ Arrington as the predominant RB on Denver...but I suspect Knowshon Moreno will be the feature RB in real life once the real NFL season gets underway.

Thanks again!

Here's another correction you may want to include in your next update:

You have Connor Barth as the Chiefs kicker, but he's been released in favor of Ryan Succop (at least for the time being).

Again, great job. I coached my beloved Chiefs to a 10-6 record despite Larry Johnson continually getting injured all season long.

excited to download this new version after finally tweaking Drummer4Gods 2008-09 version... i like to tweak the offensive playbooks, depending on the amount of playmakers each team has... for instance, for the Chargers, Saints and Colts, i make sure ALL my pass plays include a route for the TE and a route for the featured RB (since each of these teams have skilled Tight Ends and feature backs)... i pride myself in making the game even more competitive than what it already is... the zipped up gamesave and rom usually works for any NES emulator on the PSP (since its portable, and you can manual tweak roms for another system, like the Wii or a modded XBox etc, while using the PSP at the same time)

anyways i will check back soon hopefully

PhattBoy29

I'm amazed at how good the Broncos secondary is rated considering they had one of the worst pass defenses of all time with the amazing statline listed below. I know Bailey and Bly are big names but they were absolutely awful.

Opponets

67%

495ATT

20TD

6INT

Opponent passer rating: 98.5

That means the average QB played like Peyton Manning against them.

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty good ROM, jeid. Only one complaint: Michael Vick should be the backup QB, not a RB. At the very least, he could be a WR.

I put him at RB because the Eagles have less players who see the field at that position. Also Kevin Kolb is the "official" backup QB as of right now, with Vick as #3.

Thanks for creating this ROM Jeid! Hey, do you plan on another last second roster update after teams fianl preseason cuts, or is the latest the last update for awhile?

I will likely do an update when all teams cut their rosters down to 53 players later this week

I would just like to say kudo's to everyone that keeps tecmo alive and keeps updating year in and year out. its too bad games cant be made like this anymore. my roomates and I have 2 ps3's and 2 xbox 360's and a wii yet what do we play all the time? emulated tecmo super bowl. the laptop never leaves the living room and the usb nintendo controllers are always hooked up. so again, thanks for keeping tecmo alive and jeid1 your rom is by far our favorite, much thanks.