Sign in to follow this  
Bad Moon Rison

Joe Montana vs. Jerry Rice (QF)

Who Is Greater?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Greater?

• Joe Montana
    • Jerry Rice

Wow, this one's a doozy. I had to look at it as which player was more valuable to the team. I give the *VERY* slight edge to Montana for his PC and for what happens to opposing defenses when he's at excellent condition.

Rice..all da way...put him in the Pro Bowl with any qb...he'll burn db's with any Qb, don't know if I can say the same with Montana...would he be as effective with even the lowest rated WR?

Im leaning towards Rice initially because of his overall place amongst the WR in the game. He is clearly the #1 WR in the game; is Montana clearly the #1 Qb in the game? He's vying for the title with QB Bills, QB Eagles and Warren Moon in my humble opinion.

I think because Jerry is on such a stacked team, it almost hurts him. He might have the best overall ratings in the game. Barry Sanders speed with the best hands in the game..... Just think if Rice traded place with Rison, we'd all place much more value on him.

I totally agree TomTupa. The 49ers are insane at every critical position in the game on both sides of the ball. Rice is just one option in a series of many. I know this isnt a Brent Jones thread, but he's a top 3 TE in the game and he's the Niners 3rd option in the passing game, at best.

Rice is obscured somewhat because of the players around him. Which is why the 9ers should be illegal for tournament play!!!! They are insane!

Best combination in the game. These two can make the bears secondary seem like the Rams! Although montana is about as equal as Kelly, the Bills dont come close to the passing threat of the 49ers and the reason for that is the greatest most veritile player in the game! He runs like Barry Sanders and catches the ball like no other can! Jerry fricken Rice!!!!!!!!!!

SG