Tecmo Fantasy Draft CHEAT SHEETS

This is for anyone who is into playing fantasy/drafted teams with the original nes rom or is just interested in an overall ranking of all the players by position.

Every year I play in a fantasy draft league using the original rom rosters and the tsbtool to edit the rosters and we got sick of having to guess on who to draft when so I made these ff-style cheat sheets in excel to help with drafting.

I ranked each position by the relevant attributes-some of these rankings are debatable but its pretty accurate overall.

The top 40 WR's and RB's are listed

The top 30 for QB,O-Line,S,CB,OLB,ILB,DE

The top 15 for TE

I didn't do any ranks for NT or K/P

The gold boxes are the best rating in the game at that attribute.

Below is a sample of the CB ranks-I'll attach the actual excel files for people to download.

Thought some people on here would have use for them.

post-6861-13413725292709_thumb.jpg

CB Ranks.xls

DE Ranks.xls

I know quickness supposedly doesn't do anything so I only used it as a tiebreaker if all the other attributes are equal. For the other ratings I tried to put more weight on the attributes that matter the most for that particular position.

Some of the rankings really come down to a judgment call as to what type of player you like using best.

Doing these rankings was kind of interesting in that it made me aware of a lot of really good players I had never heard of or ever used before. I had no idea Jacob Green is arguably the second best DE in the game.

I know quickness supposedly doesn't do anything so I only used it as a tiebreaker if all the other attributes are equal. For the other ratings I tried to put more weight on the attributes that matter the most for that particular position.

Some of the rankings really come down to a judgment call as to what type of player you like using best.

Doing these rankings was kind of interesting in that it made me aware of a lot of really good players I had never heard of or ever used before. I had no idea Jacob Green is arguably the second best DE in the game.

This is great stuff AnostherSunnyDay. Thank you for taking the time to post this. Its always a great way to blow 15 min at work if nothing else!

I like how you used the Quickness as a tie breaker. I understand it is supposedly "useless" but the developers of Tecmo cobined thru so many aspects of this game with a fine tooth comb, why would they add an attribute that is completely useless? Everything else in this game serves a purpose, down to even the most minute aspects of the game, why not Quickness?

This is for anyone who is into playing fantasy/drafted teams with the original nes rom or is just interested in an overall ranking of all the players by position.

Every year I play in a fantasy draft league using the original rom rosters and the tsbtool to edit the rosters and we got sick of having to guess on who to draft when so I made these ff-style cheat sheets in excel to help with drafting.

I ranked each position by the relevant attributes-some of these rankings are debatable but its pretty accurate overall.

The top 40 WR's and RB's are listed

The top 30 for QB,O-Line,S,CB,OLB,ILB,DE

The top 15 for TE

I didn't do any ranks for NT or K/P

The gold boxes are the best rating in the game at that attribute.

Below is a sample of the CB ranks-I'll attach the actual excel files for people to download.

Thought some people on here would have use for them.

What is the league? Are there spots open?

....nice job, but i dont a 100 percent agree with it. I think INT needs more influence....especially for DBs.

For instance....

You've got Terry McDaniels at #19 , Nate Odomes at #21 , and Bobby Humphery at #30.....but I'd DEFINATELY pick Bobby over both those guys!! :lol:

Pass Accuracy? Avoid Punt Block?

Agreed, but were all Tecmo fans here, and so weve all seen how even the most minute of details regarding this game have been thought of and considered- why would pass control (for example) be of any more importance than Quickness? Why are you so quick to dismiss Quickness as a relevant stat category? Did Leif "God" Powers tell you that?? Or did you just pick that up from word of mouth? How do you know/Why does everyone seem to think that automatically?

Quickness has been proven to be "bugged".

Try editing a players in a TSBeditor....put one guy at 100, and another guy at 6. You will notice absolutely no difference.

Same goes for Pass Accuracy. It does not work either in this game. Tecmo developers didn't fix that til TSB1-SNES.

Pass Accuracy? Avoid Punt Block?

Agreed, but were all Tecmo fans here, and so weve all seen how even the most minute of details regarding this game have been thought of and considered- why would pass control (for example) be of any more importance than Quickness? Why are you so quick to dismiss Quickness as a relevant stat category? Did Leif "God" Powers tell you that?? Or did you just pick that up from word of mouth? How do you know/Why does everyone seem to think that automatically?

Yeah Quickness is just not checked for in any equation the game throws together, and neither is accuracy. Around here Leif Powers is just a crazy lurcher, jstout is more of the hacking god.

....nice job, but i dont a 100 percent agree with it. I think INT needs more influence....especially for DBs.

For instance....

You've got Terry McDaniels at #19 , Nate Odomes at #21 , and Bobby Humphery at #30.....but I'd DEFINATELY pick Bobby over both those guys!! :lol:

Yeah, now that I look at it again Humphery is a little underrated but I think guys like McDaniels and Odomes' higher MS and HP help make up for the low INT.

Overall it seemed like after the first 10 or so 'studs' at each position there was a big dropoff and a whole bunch of players that were more or less equal in the 10-30 range.

For instance....

Yeah, now that I look at it again Humphery is a little underrated but I think guys like McDaniels and Odomes' higher MS and HP help make up for the low INT.

Overall it seemed like after the first 10 or so 'studs' at each position there was a big dropoff and a whole bunch of players that were more or less equal in the 10-30 range.

it's not so much that he's underrated.....it's that the chart needs to amplify the value of INT. Maybe try to setting excel to multiply INT by 1.5 times.

I'd always take a 1 notch deduction in RS and RP, to gain 3 notches of INT!!! 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Just for giggles i still think you should make one for kickers and punters. I mean hey, if you're going to do it for that many positions, you may as well do it for them all.Cause the ones you've made so far are pretty cool.

Yeah, I finally got around to doing those. Doing the kickers and punters was kind of tedious because I had no idea which players to start or end with-I guess I've never even really glanced at their ratings before.

I've included all 28 kickers and punters.

I only used the AKB for punters as a tiebreaker when the KA was equal.

As for the kickers I knew Nick Lowery was good back in the day but I had no idea he was such a beast on the game. I started playing a season now with KC and you're pretty much in FG range around your own 40 yard line. Gotta love those 75 yard FG's.

On the other hand man is Mike Lansford of the Rams awful. Worst in both KA and AKB by far.

K Ranks.xls

P Ranks.xls

Does KA mean anything for a Punter? I mean isnt the difference going to be negligible because so much of it depends on where the Bar ends up? So what is the real difference between Landeta and Helton? I mean its not like you can shank a punt in the game it always stays in bounds?

Does KA mean anything for a Punter? I mean isnt the difference going to be negligible because so much of it depends on where the Bar ends up? So what is the real difference between Landeta and Helton? I mean its not like you can shank a punt in the game it always stays in bounds?

I believe every notch of KA adds a yard to your punt. I remember someone saying that once. So it's like, the bar + KA = distance.