Update: Eagles2231 Tecmo 2k9 Final Update

eagles2231

The pro bowl rosters begin at x32853. The code in your rom goes something like:

08 00 04 00 0F 02 0F 03 0D 02 07 02 …

This may be all you need, but some of us need elaboration.

Each position is defined by team and roster position.

08 Colts 00 Manning

04 Bengals 00 Palmer

0F Chargers 02 Tomlinson

0F Chargers 03 Hester

0D Chiefs 02 Johnson

07 Steelers 02 Parker …

Teams are numbered from 00 Bills to 21 Cardinals (skipping 1C and 1D between the Panthers and 49ers), and roster position is the usual with 00 through 1B as QB1 to SS followed by the kicker and punter (1C and 1D). NFC starts at x32885.

What I CAN'T do is change the default starting KR/PR for the Pro Bowl. I found the two spots (they have to match) for regular teams by doing a hex string search from what I saw in the game:

x239D3 and x328D3 for the first 28 teams

x32CB2 and x3F93C for the NFC West

When I tried to do a reverse search for the AFC and NFC (45 45), I found nothing useful. Maybe someone else knows how to set the default Pro Bowl returners.

Thanks man, that was kind of tedious but it works.

I just updated the first page with what will probably be my final update. Pro bowl rosters are now included. Also, I included the hack that separates the PC and PA attributes. I changed a rating or two also. Lowered Favre's PC and also I had Andre Gurode as white and named "Andrew Gurode" so I fixed that too.

• 2 months later...

i have a question: being an eagles fan, did you intentionally low ball the cowboys roster? numerous misspellings to names and very low stats on many guys.

miles austin: you have marcus austin. also that dude is fast! you have him at 25 speed. that is WAYYYy off!

felix jones: his speed is 50. that is the same as barber's. i know he didn't play a full season, but that dude is quick!

andre gurode: you have andrew

jay ratliff: you have him at 31 for pass quickness. that dude is a beast! did you see him play? no way he is 31!!!

roy williams: i know that he has tailed off, but the one thing he can do is hit the F#CK out of ppl. his hiiting power is too low.