Test your tap: New Version

bruddog

image.png

Okay this rom will be better for juice offs or just one player tap testing. 

1. Start a man v com game (1 player tap test), or MAN v MAN game (2 player juice off)

2. At the kickoff you won't see the punt bar but instead the clock will count down from 3. Start tapping before it gets to zero.  

3. Once the timer hits 0. Player 1 taps will be recorded on the minutes part of the clock. Player 2 taps will be recorded in the seconds part of the clock. You have 4 seconds before it stops counting.

4. Press "B" to start over again with the countdown. 

The number divided by 4 is your taps per second. 

Alternatively, take the number of taps in the two second rom and divide by 2 or take the value of the one second rom

Pictured below is a two player tap off

Player 1 tapped 51 times to Player 2's 26 times during the same 4 seconds. 

20150228_142250_zps0btxzhwu.jpg

tpc_original_juice_off.nes tpc_original_juice_off_1sec.nes tpc_original_juice_off_2sec.nes

wow.  i tap fastest with my left index finger.  perhaps this if from all those years back in the day of playing on the keyboard and using my right hand on the arrows.

HA! I have verryyy similar results. Left index & right thumb in a dead tie.

That confirms it, I'm consistently about an 11.5. This is a great creation, not only because it accurately represents taps being sent through the emulator, but will also work on a PowerPak on the official console. Props!

Edited by Neerrm

Thanks Brud! Looks like I'm a 9.5. Hit 38 very consistently.

EDIT: This afternoon I hit 41 consistently with a max of 42.

Man, That's pretty cool! Thanks, Bru!

Pretty funny, Diaz. We chuckle sometimes about how we seem to consistently split the taps. I ran through that thing and I'm in the 39-43 range. That's some epic tap battles right there.

Alternating between 45 and 46.  Maybe I don't think about it while I play, but it feels like a really long time for a grapple doing the test.  Thanks Dave!

Yes this is longer than a normal grapple. ~4 times as long. But that's to get a better average number c

• 2 weeks later...