Player Changes

danfritsch

Am I the only one have trouble with swaping player positions here?

I am trying to get the WR5 (TE) to be the top WR. It does not seem to take when I make the changes.

Yeah, I've had trouble. I put one of my other running backs in, but when I run a play, the No. 2 guy before is in there instead of the guy I tried to put in.

If you are doing it ingame, there seems to be a glitch, and it doesn't work when a player is injured. The computer just does what it wants. Just changed it in the Roster screen after the game, if your player comes back, you will be able to move players around.

the game is seriously flawed gentlemen. I'd quit now and save yourselves the agony. it ain't worth it. Tecmo needs to give us an update patch or something to fix all the problems. Waste of time and money.

Who's still playing the game? Anyone still tries to have fun with it?

I just call the game 'Kickoff'. I don't call it 'Tecmo Bowl'.

IMO, the game does not deserve to be called 'Tecmo Bowl'.

However, I'd give the Kickoff credit for one thing--it certainly made this board lively once again, at least for the time being.

Who's still playing the game? Anyone still tries to have fun with it?

I just call the game 'Kickoff'. I don't call it 'Tecmo Bowl'.

IMO, the game does not deserve to be called 'Tecmo Bowl'.

However, I'd give the Kickoff credit for one thing--it certainly made this board lively once again, at least for the time being.

Okay, we get it, you don't like the game. You don't make yourself seem any better by putting others down for enjoying the game. In case you didn't know, the title of the thread is not "What's your opinion on Kickoff?" Someone has a legitimate question and you feel the need to chime in with your assclown remarks. Save your unabashed criticisms for threads that ask for your opinion of the game.

Okay, we get it, you don't like the game. You don't make yourself seem any better by putting others down for enjoying the game. In case you didn't know, the title of the thread is not "What's your opinion on Kickoff?" Someone has a legitimate question and you feel the need to chime in with your assclown remarks. Save your unabashed criticisms for threads that ask for your opinion of the game.

I understand you are the Admin of this board. But, I really don't understand the need of your comment.

Yes, I have been a harsh critic on Kickoff lately. Maybe that bothered you.

My above comment is not a reply to the original questioner, rather, it is an additional remark on elway7's. (You can see that I "quoted" elway7's words. Isn't that what it's for?) And, I am certainly not putting down others for enjoying the game. Are we all children here? GeeZ! Why so insecure? We are talking about a VIDEO GAME dude. It's NOT a life and death matter! Lighten UP!

If some of us like the game, so you praise the game. If some of us hate the game, so you trash the game. Or, according to your taste, you may choose something between praise and trash. Isn't it all fair? Are we taking tests here? Is there a right answer and wrong answer?

You must be very annoyed by some people putting down the Kickoff here. Sometimes I don't like what others say on this board and sometime I get annoyed by others as well. But, I never try to shut them down. We all say what's on our minds. Unless you don't act like a lunatic, it's all fair game and fun. That's what makes this board interesting. I don't know about you, but I prefer interesting over quiet and boring any day.

Finally, if you can call my remarks assclown, I can describe your handling of this board (on this particular incident) something else. But, I don't feel the need. We are all grown-ups here.

I think he probably just saw that you were posting and thought "if he says the same thing he says every time he posts, I'm gonna go off". Kind of the way I feel when another guy has to bring up how the DS is so cool and has a huge library of games every time he's on here. Basically, you are replying to people who post on here often, and thus have heard your opinions over and over saying the same thing so it got annoying.

Yes, I admit that I have been keep saying that the game is no good over and over, maybe a little too much lately.

But, we all know how quiet or dormant this board can become when no one is writing anything.

Who knows how long this hoopla or debacle we are having right now will last?

Why not just have some fun when we can? What's so wrong about trashing the Kickoff?

No matter how great Tecmo Bowl is or was, and no matter how much we are attached to it, it's just a video game after all.

Life will move on with or without Tecmo Bowl. Yes, we'd all prefer 'with' rather than 'without', but life will move on either way.

And, the biggest reason for my repeated harsh criticism is that I still want Tecmo to listen to what we say here.

Maybe I don't want to give up on Tecmo not just yet.

Okay. This is my last post here. But, I'd hope to see others write WHATEVER they have to say. Good or bad. More the better.

I found it. You can do it from the roster when you are changing positions, say WR to TE or TE to QB. I was just doing it from the wrong place.

That is exactly what I said 2 posts before yours. But it is still a glitch. You can change players in game, and it will take when there are no injuries. But if you have an injury it doesn't take.

elway's post was on topic and responding to other people. There's no problem with him saying the game is flawed, because he's actually responding to the topic. Your comment "Who's still playing the game? Anyone still tries to have fun with it?" isn't on topic. It comes off as condescending to boot. I'm not the biggest supporter of this game, so I don't know why you think I'm annoyed by someone saying it's a bad game. Your post was negative for the sake of being negative.

Why not just have some fun when we can? What's so wrong about trashing the Kickoff?

You're free to trash the game all you want. You've brought up some good points and there's a mature way to do it. Just do it in the appropriate thread.

Well, since when did you start policing the replies that don't fit the original topic? Enforcing rules and discriminating with rules are two different things.

Although it is interesting how you can conclude that elway7's comment is on topic, I didn't care whether elway7 was actually responding to the topic or not. I just wrote what came to my mind when I read his remarks at the time. That's why I did the "Quote" thing. I have seen so many members do the same and I didn't have any problem with them. A strict rule enforcement is preferable when there are too many people saying too many things all over the place. I believe this board still needs a lot of encouragement rather than discouragement, even if that means bending some rules here and there. Let people come first and worry about the carpet later.

And, so what if my post was negative for the sake of being negative? I believe we should be able to do even that when we feel like it, as long as we don't direct the negative comment toward a specific person or a group of people. My negative comment is not directed to the original questioner for sure, nor it was directed to all Kickoff lovers. Why take it so personal? If it was directed toward someone at all, it was directed toward Tecmo developers who might read what we say about the game here. Condescending? Yes, it was toward Tecmo employees who messed up our treasured game.

Again, why don't you lighten up and let people have some fun here.

Also, talk to me about maturity after you take back your 'assclown' remark first.

We're all disappointed on some level with this game. They only delivered half of the Tecmo experience, and the way that they messed it up will always be driving us crazy deep down because it was just so not necessary.

That being said, many of us have decided to make due and to see if we can learn how to speak this game's language, how to get the most we can out of it.

Not to interrupt all the bickering with on topic posting....But I figured it out. The problem with ingame substitutions, is that the game doesn't care what you want, it automatically depth charts the players in the game. For example, You have RB1 and RB2 in the first and second RB slots. If you substitute RB3 for RB1, the game will automatically reorder them so RB2 is in the first slot and RB3 is in the second slot. It's sucks if you are trying to use accurate rosters, because the game forces you fullback to the halfback spot, and you need to substitute both of them to get what you want. If you are trying to play out of position, forget about trying to figure it out.