2 point conversions/longer cpu kickoffs

the 2pt conversion hack is really close to finished except for:

1. fumbles on 2pt attempts need to trigger a kickoff

2. the "TOUCHDOWN" slidebar and voice sample needs to be removed

3. successful conversions need to be ignored in TD stats

4. TomTupa pointed out a bug that happens when you score a TD after the clock ran out before halftime

• 11 months later...
Figured I would post this since I saw cxrom back.

How is the two point conversion rom going?

Also, is it possible to get the cpu to kick a full bar every time on kickoffs or have it be an automatic touchback like it is on punts.

For kickoffs, there is a hack that lets you make the shortest kick land at about the 10 or 15-yd line, while a full power kick still lands near the back of the endzone.

• 3 months later...
CX_ROM's two-point conversion hack is awesome, in my opinion. And it will only be more awesome once the bugs are ironed out. :D

So there is a two-point conversion hack?

Can anybody imagine a remote possibility wherein two-point conversions could only be attempted by certain teams? I ask for your consideration here in hopes that a perfect, historically accurate pre-1970 rom could be created. The AFL had two-point conversions from 1960-69, while the NFL did not. As such, a perfect 1966-69 rom would allow conversions in AFL games and not NFL games. (Come to think of it, I'm not sure whether they were allowed in the Super Bowl and pre-season, where inter-conference games were played. I would suspect not, but I'll have to look into that.)

• 2 months later...

O sorry, I meant in the first post of that thread I linked to is tsb32 v1.11. It has the beginning of the 2pt conversion hack, but it was buggy. I was wondering if you wanted to test a rom that is a bit closer to being stable. The rosters are still from '07 though. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I played 3 MAN vs MAN games last night, glitch free. There's still one glaring bug that happens only if you score after time expires at the end of the 2nd or 4th quarters. This one has been bugging me for awhile. Then it's just a matter of giving COM the ability to go for a 2pt conversion. Lookin' close though...

I played 3 MAN vs MAN games last night, glitch free. There's still one glaring bug that happens only if you score after time expires at the end of the 2nd or 4th quarters. This one has been bugging me for awhile. Then it's just a matter of giving COM the ability to go for a 2pt conversion. Lookin' close though...

You are so about to drop science on TSB's face like it owned you money. I love it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I took a look at cxrom's notes for the 2pt. I was working on my own version of the hack. I got it so fumbles on 2pt triggger a kickoff. And have it working for the player 1 side with no random glitches.

Issues:

1. I have the same problem where scoring with no time remaining won't allow you to attempt a two point conversion. I can think of maybe to fix this but it gets messy. 

2. Fitting the hack all in to a 32 team rom

3. Haven't checked but there might be the same stats issue where 2pt conversion are counted as TD's in the stats.