2 point conversions/longer cpu kickoffs

I have an idea for the no time remaining bug.  What if you add a second to the timeclock after a touchdown and then take it away after the 2 point conversion and a PAT.

If you need help testing I can help.  Really excited when I heard about this hack. The thought of making a true college game with 2 point conversion is awesome. 

Probably not.  Go for two logic isn't trivial. 

And every hack that gets added is a space nightmare trying to fit it in with other hacks. But this one is a pain since there is no space in that area in the 32 team rom. Combining this with the special team hack might work

To get the 2pt conversion to count as 2 in stats can you make the 2pt try equal to a touchback rather than a touchdown -4?  Not sure if this is how you are doing it or not.

I am new to modding and have not tried any of this stuff yet myself but with the absence of a college football game next year I am hoping to start learning and get a current college game going.  I love Tecmo Rose Bowl and this would really make it awesome.

Edited by lipster

Here is the latest 2pt conversion rom with P1 only. Hold B after a TD to bring the play select screen back up. It will show the down as 6. That is fine. Also when it scrolls the down across before hiking the ball on a 2pt conversion it will be unreadable.

If you score on a 2pt it will still say side change but the points will be correct. 

Please see if you see any weird things happening or if you can create a game crash. Don't try and patch this on to the 32 team rom as it will definitely crash it. 

tpc_original_2pt_p1.nes

I notice after a successful 2 point try the computer does not act like player 1 scored they do not hold there heads down.  It acts more like a loss of down.

Also it does not look like the stats for the tries are going anywhere, would be nice if the points went to the scorer.

You probably know, if you pick field goal instead of running a 2 point try it counts as 3.

Other wise works good. I think it would be more convenient to automatically go to the play select screen to choose a 2 point conversion or a extra point, like cxrom version.

Good Work!

Edited by lipster

1. Correct that is something I'm likely not going to fix

2. Right the stats aren't going anywhere but they don't go anywhere in the NFL either.

3. Right if you pick a FG it counts as 3. I'm hoping on the honor system there. 

4. Yes, cxrom's version is better in that regard wiht letting you choose an extra point or go for two.

I'm mostly concerned with non -bugginess. 

I notice after a successful 2 point try the computer does not act like player 1 scored they do not hold there heads down.  It acts more like a loss of down.

Also it does not look like the stats for the tries are going anywhere, would be nice if the points went to the scorer.

You probably know, if you pick field goal instead of running a 2 point try it counts as 3.

Other wise works good. I think it would be more convenient to automatically go to the play select screen to choose a 2 point conversion or a extra point, like cxrom version.

Good Work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...