QBEagles's 2011-2012 TSB NES ROM

QBEagles

***Vol 2 Update: Updated some of ratings for QB1s, add Tebow, updated a few of the skill players ratings, updated the sim run for WR that had a reverses, updated defensive sims for the players to correct the sack and INT SS issue I was having (thanks Buck). I still kept Manning as QB1 because he was (and still is) on the active roster. If you enjoyed Vol 1, Vol 2 is a better download. Please let me know if you all see any other corrections.

Thanks***

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a nice year.

Here is my version of TSB 2011. My rom has the same hacks as my last year’s rom. The rosters, sims and playbooks are more polished. I tried to make this rom as similar to the original TSB as possible, with a minor tweak here and there.

Last year Buck was a great help with my rom and I would like to thank him again, thanks Buck!!!!

I spent a lot of time designing different play books. This is my favorite part of the rom. They are meant so as not to give any 100% tells on running plays, but they are not impossible to stop either. I try to tailor each playbook to each team’s strengths and NFL styles. All of the original plays are used at least once in the rom and no playbook has more than 6 of same plays as another playbook uses, so no repeat playbooks.

The rosters are updated as of September 5th (if something happened since then I tried to catch it, but no promises). All of the player photos, players and rankings have been updated for this year. I tried to include all first round picks from this year’s draft whenever possible. If a player is on the roster (includes PUP list, excludes the IR and practice squad) he was eligible for the rom (so yes, this means Peyton is still in there). The lineups are based off of my projections for the entire year, not necessarily week 1 starters. If a defense was a 4-3 I converted it to a 3-4 by adding a team’s best backup in: DE moves to the OLB, SS moves MLB or add in best backup LB.

The rating system I created is 100% based off of the original game (ie Bo Jackson and Chris Johnson are very similar players). I have sliced and diced the original game down to the last detail (some crazy spread sheets). The best player at each position is equal to the best player in the original TSB. I basically grouped certain categories together. For example, let’s take running backs. In the original TSB, there were 4 types of Backs, you had your FB, Big Tail Backs, Fast Tail Backs and Average Tail Back. I kept each combination RS, MS and HP together. Based off of the style of the back and his ability, I assigned them RS, MS and HP. This way you do not get any strange super TSB hybrids of Christen Okoya and Bo Jackson.

I also spent a lot of time trying to get my sims to be reasonable and not to crazy. It’s a mix between the original TSB and the NFL. You will never have a back run for 2,200 or QB pass for 5,000 (but oddly enough you will have a SS with a 0 sim get 18 sacks).

About the rom: Last season I was asked by some of you to drop the HP Hack, I did not do this for two reasons. First, I have no idea how to get rid of it. Second and more important, if it is not in there everyone that plays the game will go 19-0. I do want this to be like the original, but just a tad bit harder.

-32 team rom (in my opinion, the best thing to come from the internet, ever)

-Adjusted Quarter Times

-In game playbook updates

-Team Colors have been updated

-Pass Accuracy Hack (pass control is how "on target" a pass is & pass accuracy is used for determining whether a ball is a catch, drop, or interception)

-Quickness Hack (quickness is used as Max Speed for defensive int/fumble returns)

-Punt Returners use their own Max Speed

-Kick Returners use their own Max Speed

-HP Hack (Hitting Power is factored into grapples)

-No Auto-Dive for Passes

-Shorter Punts (around 65 yard max)

-All Kickoffs range from 20 yd to middle of endzone

-Player 2 Condition indicator fix

-Scoreboard at half time

I had a great time working on this rom. I started it in Bethany Beach with the playbooks and first draft of the rosters and wrapped up the rosters Labor Day weekend with the final cuts. I almost enjoy creating one more than playing, well not really, but it is close.

I would very gladly appreciate any feedback you might have on my rom. I will resubmit a revision with any corrections needed.

Thanks!

2011-2012 TSB QBEagles v1.rar

2011-2012 TSB QBEagles v2.rar

so, you must think the eagles will go 16-0 and win the super bowl?

QB1, michael VICK, Face=0x96, #7, 25, 69, 56, 13, 63, 69, 63, 63 ,[11, 7, 0 ]

RB1, lesean MCCOY, Face=0xd2, #25, 38, 69, 63, 31, 50, 56 ,[6, 6, 9, 4 ]

WR1, desean JACKSON, Face=0x8f, #10, 44, 69, 63, 13, 50, 75 ,[1, 5, 13, 12 ]

WR2, jeremy MACLIN, Face=0x9b, #18, 44, 69, 56, 13, 63, 56 ,[1, 6, 12, 10 ]

RCB, nnamdi ASOMUGHA, Face=0x96, #24, 44, 56, 75, 44, 75, 63 ,[1, 64 ]

LCB, asante SAMUEL, Face=0xb3, #22, 44, 38, 63, 31, 75, 50 ,[0, 76 ]

QB EAGLES

THURMAN THOMAS

ANDRE RISON

STEPHEN BAKER

WAYNE HADDIX

RICHARD JOHNSON

no offense, but this is outrageous.

Hello,

Thanks for your comments, but please let me explain:

Vick: I have Vick as 6-10 QB (passing only). Vick is QB Eagles from the original, what would make him the 8th best passer in my rom (QB Bills, Montana, Marino, Moon, 32 Team add in, Esiason, Simms, QBEagles). I did give the fast QB, which I don’t think could be argued.

McCoy: I had McCoy as the 6th best speed back. His rankings would be mix between Thomas and Brooks, a 32 Team add in.

Jackson: I had as a top 5 WR and equal to Rison.

Maclin: I had as a 21st best WR and equal to Stephen Baker

Asomugha: 2nd Best CB and equal to Wayne Haddix

Samuals: 6th best CB and equal to Richard Johnson with had decrease in HP from 44 to 31 since I tackle better then Samuals, with an add back to RS.

I found my rankings of my players to fair on where I had them ranked compared the rest of the league. All of my sim stats come from natural cites.

thanks

QBEagles, I like your approach and am just thankful it's another rom to play around with this year. Thanks for all you did to make it. Of course, when buck started to find matches of your modern players with ones from the Original TSB game I had to get in on the fun! I'm not questioning or saying they are wrong or right. I'm just curious and am making observations.

Romo = DeBerg, Felix Jones = Dalton Hilliard, Suh = Charles Mann, Clay Matthews = Cornelius Bennett with 2x the hands (and more hair).

Aaron Rodgers = Marino from the waist up + QB Browns from the waist down! ;)

Last year Buck was a great help with my rom and I would like to thank him again, thanks Buck!!!!
no offense, but this is outrageous.

:D

Hi Fatcheerleader,

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the rom this season. The rom is fun to put together. I enjoy the process. I don’t mind any comments about my rankings. Last season I only got one about my CB rankings. I understand with my screen name being QBEagles, people might think I’m favoring the Eagles, but this season they actually have talented people that have I ranked in the top 10 in their position. Oh well :D

For your matches:

Romo = DeBerg-Correct

Felix Jones = Dalton Hilliard-No Marcus Allen

Suh = Charles Mann-He was one of 4 combo players (28 to 32 team adjustment) I added at NT. Suh is a combination of Bob Nelson and Les Miller.

Clay Matthews = Cornelius Bennett-Correct

Aaron Rodgers = Marino from the waist up + QB Browns from the waist down-Correct

I've had quite bit of fun playing this rom so far. The variety in the playbooks is pretty impressive. Also, I don't think the ratings of the Eagles players is outrageous at all. There's a reason people calling them the Miami Heat of the NFL. They added a bunch of talent at the skill positions where they were already stacked. We don't know how all the talent will translate to wins but we do know it will be that much sweeter to knock them off! Especially for a Redskins fans like me lol!!!! J Maclin might be the only one you could say is a LITTLE high maybe but thats about it. Good rom keep up the good work and GO 'SKINSSSS!!!

desean jackson with 75 rec seems the most off. He was nowhere near the league lead in rceptions and he dropped

A LOT of passes last year

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Hi-In the original TSB there were 12 WR with either 75 or 81 REC. 11 of them I have ranked as the top WR outs (Rice, Hill, Ellard, Rison, Givens, Anderson, Carter, Jeffries, Sharpe, Paige, and Clark-Johnson even with 75 REC, 19 MS drops him in my rank). Because of the 4 additional teams, I had 2 more WR with 75 REC. Im using a lot system is how I compare 2011 to 1991. I also try not to break up the original player’s grouping rankings, RS, MS, HP, REC. So Johnson is Rice. Rice had a 69 MS (and might not of been the fastest WR back 1991, but he was the best WR, so he was got the highest MS, so even if Jackson is faster than Johnson, Johnson still receives the 69 MS ). I had Jackson as a top 10 WR in 2011. All WR in my top 10 received a 75 or 81 in REC. His lot would prevent him from getting anything lower than a 75 REC. In my rating system the best players get the best grouping of rankings.

Thanks

desean jackson with 75 rec seems the most off. He was nowhere near the league lead in rceptions and he dropped

A LOT of passes last year

Hi-In the original TSB there were 12 WR with either 75 or 81 REC. 11 of them I have ranked as the top WR outs (Rice, Hill, Ellard, Rison, Givens, Anderson, Carter, Jeffries, Sharpe, Paige, and Clark-Johnson even with 75 REC, 19 MS drops him in my rank). Because of the 4 additional teams, I had 2 more WR with 75 REC. Im using a lot system is how I compare 2011 to 1991. I also try not to break up the original player’s grouping rankings, RS, MS, HP, REC. So Johnson is Rice. Rice had a 69 MS (and might not of been the fastest WR back 1991, but he was the best WR, so he was got the highest MS, so even if Jackson is faster than Johnson, Johnson still receives the 69 MS ). I had Jackson as a top 10 WR in 2011. All WR in my top 10 received a 75 or 81 in REC. His lot would prevent him from getting anything lower than a 75 REC. In my rating system the best players get the best grouping of rankings.

Thanks

It is a dangerous thing to take tsb ratings out of team context. Was johnson or clark top ten wr in 1990?

It is a dangerous thing to take tsb ratings out of team context. Was johnson or clark top ten wr in 1990?

Clark was 5th in receptions-75 and 4th in yards 1112, so I would think he was top 10.

As I said above I did not think Johnson was a top 10 WR, so he was lowed in my ratings.

Clark was 5th in receptions-75 and 4th in yards 1112, so I would think he was top 10.

As I said above I did not think Johnson was a top 10 WR, so he was lowed in my ratings.

check the 1990 stats ->

84 Richard Johnson 64 727 11.4 6 TD

82 Robert Clark 52 914 17.6 8 TD

f the stats, the thing I'm saying is: why in the heck would you give a team QB EAGLES, THURMAN THOMAS, ANDRE RISON, STEPHEN BAKER, RICHARD JOHNSON (CB), and WAYNE HADDIX ? especially a 10-6 team that lost the wild card playoff game?

I tried to make this rom as similar to the original TSB as possible, with a minor tweak here and there.

Tried, but you made original TSB pro bowl teams. But I'll get off your back, now.

(but oddly enough you will have a SS with a 0 sim get 18 sacks).

the SIM numbers (sack, int) for defenders should all add up to 255 (that is, INT SIM should add to 255 and SACK SIM should add up to 255)-> if they don't, the SS gets all the "left overs".

PEACE

(but oddly enough you will have a SS with a 0 sim get 18 sacks).

the SIM numbers (sack, int) for defenders should all add up to 255 (that is, INT SIM should add to 255 and SACK SIM should add up to 255)-> if they don't, the SS gets all the "left overs".

Thanks for this, I could not figure this out for the last 3 season. I will update this in v2 of my rom. This was driving me crazy!!!!!

check the 1990 stats ->

84 Richard Johnson 64 727 11.4 6 TD

82 Robert Clark 52 914 17.6 8 TD

I was refering to Gary Clark with the stats and 75 REC. Robert Clark a 69 REC the 917 had him as 17th in yds that season.

v2 of my rom will update a couple of sim stats (see above, thanks Buck); sub Tebow for Quinn (as recommend by tjpskillz34, our Denver correspondent); a will change my ranking and make D.Jackson the 11th best WR instead of the 9th, so he can REC lower then 75 (so bruddog can sleep better) and lowering jeremy MACLIN because I agree he should be lower, in his lot, he was the fastest, it made him to good ( you wait, S. Smith will be a stud by year’s end, thanks Giants). If anyone else has any comments (on the other 31 teams are also encouraged) or any playbook issues or suggestions, please let me know by tomorrow, that is when I plan to update my rom.

Also if anyone could help me change the one date on the intro from 2008 to 2011, that would be great.

Thanks!

***Vol 2 Update: Updated some of ratings for QB1s, add Tebow, updated a few of the skill players ratings, updated the sim run for WR that had a reverses, updated defensive sims for the players to correct the sack and INT SS issue I was having (thanks Buck). I still kept Manning as QB1 because he was (and still is) on the active roster. If you enjoyed Vol 1, Vol 2 is a better download. Please let me know if you all see any other corrections. The download is in the 1st post of page 1 of this post.

Thanks***

add Tedow

Thank you for adding TEBOW! I'm curious to see what you did with him. I'll take a guess...

Waist down (MS) - QB Eagles > Tebow > Peete/Testaverde

Waist Up (PC) - Grogan

I will say that Tebow should have a HP of 19 (if not more) instead of the standard 13.

add Tedow

Thank you for adding TEBOW! I'm curious to see what you did with him. I'll take a guess...

Waist down (MS) - QB Eagles > Tebow > Peete/Testaverde

Waist Up (PC) - Grogan

I will say that Tebow should have a HP of 19 (if not more) instead of the standard 13.

I should of talked to you before adding him :wink: You have some good ideas for him.

I made him Tom Tupa with a MS 25. I did not put enought thought in it this morning. I will make some quick edits today when I get home from work.

So what do people think his MS should be 25, 31, 44?

Should his HP be 19 or 13?

Who should his passing ability be like:

Player PS,PC,AP,APB

Current T TUPA 44,38,31,38

S. GROGAN, 19, 25, 31, 44

R. Gannon,25,38,25,31

M. TOMCZAK,44,31,31,38

J. TRUDEAU, 31,38,31,50