28-Man TSB Tourney - Boneyard Bowl IV: Sat, Apr 28 @ 12PM

Signup: E-mail [email protected]

When: Saturday, April 28, 2012 @ 12PM - Registration/Check-In starts @ 12 PM EST; Draft @ 12:15PM EST; Games starting immediately following the draft.

Location: The Boneyard, 24940 Sperry Road, Westlake, OH, 44145

Maximum Participants: 28

Tourney Format (See attached PDF file for complete rules):

- Participants will draw poker chips labeled 1-28 for first round draft order. Each player will draft at least 2 teams.

- The number of draft rounds will depend on the number of participants.

- After the 1st round of the draft, players will draft from the remaining teams in reverse order in the 2nd round (i.e. 28th pick in Rd 1 picks 1st in Rd 2).

- The teams selected in each round will play against each other in a single elimination bracket based on seeding (1st pick plays against 2nd pick, etc.)

- First round byes (if needed) will be given to the lowest draft seed(s) in each bracket.

- The lower seed in each matchup will have choice of their preferred controller (side).

- The winning team in each matchup will have the option to keep their team or "steal" their opponent's team.

- When taking control of an opponent's team after a victory, both competitors retain their original draft seeding for future matchups.

- When a player loses with their teams in all brackets, they are officially eliminated from the tournament.

- If the same player wins out on all brackets, they are crowned tournament champion.

- If there are different champions for each bracket, the Pro Bowl will be played for the title.

- A coin toss will be held and the winner of the coin toss can choose their team or controller.

- In the event of a Pro Bowl Championship game, original rosters will be used but lineup and playbook changes will be allowed.

Buy-in: $10 cash at the door (Proceeds will be donated to charity)

Prizes: Trophy awarded to tourney champion

Equipment Information: 4 TVs will be provided by the venue. I will provide 4 original NES top loader consoles, 4 copies of the greatest sports game of all time, controllers, and the adapters. We will not require any additional TV's but please bring backup consoles, cartridges, adaptors, and controllers. Let me know what you are able to bring when registering via e-mail.

Confirmed Participants:

01. Ryan M.

02. Francis B.

03. Louis B.

04. Tim M.

05. Jason S.

06. Jay O.

07. Daniel K.

08. Mike V.

09. Daniel S.

10. Nick C.

11. Jason B.

12. Nick K.

13. Ted D.

14. Kevin H.

15. Lee S.

16. Sam S.

17. Sheldon S.

18. Eric F.

19. Doug B.

20. Chris B.

Thanks for your interest and see you at the tournament! If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will be checking the official signup email box regularly in addition to monitoring and updating this posting with the confirmed participants.

God bless, and long live Tecmo Super Bowl! (Over 20 Years and still going strong - 1991-2011)

Ryan McKay

Tournament Commissioner

[email protected]

Official signup: [email protected]

TSB Tournaments Flyer 2012.pdf

TSB Tourney Rules, Stats, and Matchup Tiers (v4).pdf

this is normally the same day chris vogt schedules the midwest tourney. If so I'm afraid I'll have to do the midwest tourney over this one. If not Lou and I would love to come up. Maybe bring some new buffalo players. I'll send you an email sometime cause we might have a buffalo tourney (a real one) this spring. Would be good to get some of you cleveland guys to play some of the guys around here we have discovered.

this is normally the same day chris vogt schedules the midwest tourney. If so I'm afraid I'll have to do the midwest tourney over this one. If not Lou and I would love to come up. Maybe bring some new buffalo players. I'll send you an email sometime cause we might have a buffalo tourney (a real one) this spring. Would be good to get some of you cleveland guys to play some of the guys around here we have discovered.

I didn't realize this was the same date the Midwest Tournament is usually held. If they select a different date, it would be great to have you guys again. Please keep me updated on your potential Buffalo tournament and I'll see you in Madison in a few weeks!

I checked with chris and there is no conflict. he wants to move his tourney into the summer and is busy at that time. So Louis and I would be glad to go to cleveland on that saturday. Lou and I are thinking of a real buffalo tourney. but i need to see how the tecmo schedule shapes up. I want to try and have this spaced out so we can get some people who go to these tourneys. but that's down the road.

I checked with chris and there is no conflict. he wants to move his tourney into the summer and is busy at that time. So Louis and I would be glad to go to cleveland on that saturday. Lou and I are thinking of a real buffalo tourney. but i need to see how the tecmo schedule shapes up. I want to try and have this spaced out so we can get some people who go to these tourneys. but that's down the road.

Great! I'll add you and Lou to the confirmed list. Keep me updated on the Buffalo tournament - I'll help you spread the word to the Cleveland guys if you decide to go forward with it and help out in any way I can.

Take care and God bless.

Ryan

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all 17 participants who attended Boneyard Bowl IV yesterday and congrats to tourney champion Francis (Mort) B!

Mort defeated Nick C in the Pro Bowl Championship 24-23. A blocked extra point by D.T. for the AFC early in the game proved to be the difference in a highly entertaining game! $160 was raised for The Salvation Army.

For this tournament, we decided to exclude the the top tier and bottom tier teams (49ers, Giants, Oilers, Bills, Browns Seahawks, Patriots, Colts)

Round 1

01) CHI - Chris B.

02) PHI - Jason B.

03) RAI - Sheldon S.

04) K.C. - Louis B.

05) CIN - Kevin H.

06) WAS - Nick C.

07) PIT - Jay S.

08) MIA - Francis B. (Round 1 Bracket Winner)

09) DET - Daniel S.

10) DEN - Lee S.

11) S.D. - Nick K.

12) MIN - Mike V.

13) T.B. - Tim M.

14) RAMS - Doug B.

15) DAL - Ryan M.

16) NYJ - Dan K.

17) PHX - Jason O.

Round 2

01) CHI - Jason O.

02) MIA - Dan K.

03) RAI - Ryan M.

04) PHI - Doug B.

05) K.C. - Tim M.

06) CIN - Mike V.

07) WAS - Nick K.

08) DEN - Lee S.

09) S.D. - Daniel S.

10) MIN - Francis B.

11) DET - Jay S.

12) T.B. - Nick C. (Round 2 Bracket Winner)

13) PIT - Kevin H.

14) G.B. - Louis B.

15) RAMS - Sheldon S.

16) ATL - Jason B.

17) NYJ - Chris B.

After the main tournament concluded, 8 participants decided to stick around and have a single elimination side tournament. For this tournament, we excluded the top two tiers and the bottom two tiers (49ers, Giants, Oilers, Bills, Eagles, Raiders, Bears, Bengals, Jets, Falcons, Saints, Packers, Browns, Seahawks, Patriots, and Colts).

This side tournament featured two of the most memorable games I have ever played! (a 23-20 victory in OT on a FG from my own 40 yard line vs. Francis B. and a 20-19 victory on a play action TD pass on 4th and 18 with under 20 seconds to play over Mike V.)

Single Elimination Draft

01) K.C. - Ryan M. (Bracket Winner)

02) S.D. - Francis B.

03) DET - Chris B.

04) MIN - Kevin H.

05) WAS - Mike V.

06) MIA - Louis B.

07) DEN - Doug B.

08) T.B. - Nick C.

Great tourney ran by Ryan again. The quality of tecmo playing in cleveland is getting better each time I come to there city. We had great fun and did an awesome job raising 160 for the salvation army. I'd hope in the future we can get a few nearby tecmoers to travel to these tourneys. Cause those not there are missing out on a good time, great tecmo and helping out those in need.