Bruddog's MAN-vs-MAN defense hack (4-4,4-3,goalline, dime...

bruddog

New rom with specific defenses for each slot. Example: If you pick the run 4 slot your defense will come out in a goalline formation. There are NO PICKED PLAYS.

defense_hack.zip

Players on the line gets HP boosts if you pick a RunD vs RunO or Pass D vs PASSO

Random set/boost = 40% set to 38HP, 7% boost HP 6 up, 7% boost HP 13.... to 7% boost HP 50HP, 7% do nothing

slot 1: 3-4 over defense:

vs run: DL gets random boost sets. defense flows to weak side (top). run rush

vs pass: DL set to 38 HP average coverage 1.5 (CB1 25% WR1, CB2 25% WR2, LB1 50% RB1, LB2 50%RB2)

slot 2: 4-3 under defense:

vs run: DL gets random boost sets. defense flows to strong side (bottom). run rush

vs pass: DL set to 38 HP average coverage 1 (CB1 25% WR1, CB2 25% WR2, LB1 25% RB1, LB2 25%RB2)

slot 3: 4-4 defense:

vs: run: DL gets random boost sets. defense flows to all gaps. run rush

vs pass: DL set to 38 HP average coverage 0.75 (CB1 25% WR1, CB2 25% WR2, LB1 18% RB1, LB2 18%RB2)

slot 4 goal-line defense (7-1-1)

vs: run: DL gets random boost sets. defense flows to all gaps. run rush

vs pass: DL set to 38 HP average coverage 0.75 (CB1 25% WR1, CB2 25% WR2, LB1 18% RB1, LB2 18%RB2)

slot 5: 3-4 pass blitz

vs: run: DL set to 38 HP. CB's & LB's run backwards then flow towards middle.

vs pass: average coverage 2.25 DL gets random boost sets. 4 LB's attack tackles or rush the middle. middle lbs occasionally drop into flats. CB's will pause in coverage 88% of the time and then re-cover. FS 25% cover TE, 75% short zone. SS 25% move to blitz. 75% move near Los and mirror QB.

slot 6: 4-3 pass D

vs: run: DL set to 38 HP. CB's and Db's move to cover WR's CB's & LB's run backwards then flow towards middle.

vs pass: average coverage 2.5 DL gets random boost sets. OL LB's take away flats for short middle. MLB QB spy. CB's close to line. DB's move to line up against WR's

CB1-75% WR1 CB2- 75% WR2 FS- 50% TE

slot 7: 3-4 pass D

vs: run: DL set to 38 HP. CB's & LB's run backwards then flow towards middle.

vs pass: average coverage 3 DL gets random boost sets. OL LB's take away flats for short middle. MLB QB spy. CB's far from line. DB's move to line up against WR's

(CB1-75% WR1) (CB2- 75% WR2) ( FS- 75% TE) (SS 75% RB-2)

slot 8: dime defense

vs: run: DL set to 38 HP defense flows to all gaps. CB's & LB's run backwards then flow towards middle.

vs pass WR's coverage:2 double covered by DB's LB's far off line up scrimmage. middle lbs take away deep middle. outside lbs take away deep outs.

Bruudog

Just played a game as the Bears vs the Giants. Love the different defensive formations, it creates an entirely new layer of competition. Youre coming from different angles as the D player you select compared to the original, which is a change I never realized Id ever like so much or even think of.

Obviously all Tecmo is enhanced vs MAN but this especially because you can "Read" formations and get an even better feel for your opponents strategy. And you can stack the line and play goalline D when your opponent is on his own one and go balls to the wall much more effectively than in the original.

And I also really liked the way the defensive "drones" flow to the ball exaclty as you described. For example in the DIme defense the MLB heads deep to the middle, the OLBs flow outside and then gradually toward the middle and the DB's play zone. You can actually dictate where Drone players go/end up by the play you select in a much more specific manner than the original.

One more thing the "No Picked PLay" feature was much cooler than I thought it would be. You may not pick the play, but your defenders are in the area in waves, nice touch.

Very nice. Thank you.

Hey homeboy,

I was wondering if you could post the hex addresses of the defensive formation Playbook Page letter/number notations? I'm not sure if I'll use the same exact placement (there is a chance--if that's cool with you), but regardless, it'll really help give me a quick general reference point. T'would be awesome and mucho appreciated if not a big deal. Too many ideas and not enough time. Any little bit at this point is a help! :thumbsuptobruddog:

Word.

Using Bad Al's Playbook Maker use the following tiles in place of 01= blank or write over other tiles if you would like. Just go to the text section in the playbook maker and manually type in the codes. Make sure to hit the update button after you are done with each graphic. You won't see the right graphics in the program but it will work right. I found it easier to to it that way than to do it in the rom itself.

Also make sure you orient the tiles vertically and not horizontally since they get mirror imaged for player 2. So

34 would become 43.

Whereas

stays as

Here are the codes for the letter and number tiles I used.

33=3

34=4

42=B

44=D

47=G

4C=L

4D=M

Hey homeboy,

I was wondering if you could post the hex addresses of the defensive formation Playbook Page letter/number notations? I'm not sure if I'll use the same exact placement (there is a chance--if that's cool with you), but regardless, it'll really help give me a quick general reference point. T'would be awesome and mucho appreciated if not a big deal. Too many ideas and not enough time. Any little bit at this point is a help! :thumbsuptobruddog:

Word.

1. Thanks

2. Did You actually try playing against a MAN opponent? If so, what made it easy to pass. It's much easier to pass on the COM. I make no claims about the difficulty against a COM opponent. In fact, I assume it would be fairly easy.

1. this is really cool

2. there are too many wide open receivers

1. Thanks

2. Did You actually try playing against a MAN opponent? If so, what made it easy to pass. It's much easier to pass on the COM. I make no claims about the difficulty against a COM opponent. In fact, I assume it would be fairly easy.

1. this is really cool

2. there are too many wide open receivers

I'm going to a friends house to play it MAN tonight...I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty stoked.

Shit buck. There is one bug which you'll probably notice if you don't see this in time. I didn't copy and paste correctly so a few of the pass 1 plays the defense will act wrong. I found it a few nights ago and forgot to upload.

They'll act they reverse of what they are supposed to do.

If you see this in time use this rom: defense_hack_bugfix.zip

• 4 months later...

Bruddog, by chance do you have your defensive plays drawn up somewhere? Even if you doodled them on scratch paper I'd love to see them. My group of guys is interested in trying this rom out on our next game night. And have you considered doing this with the 32 team rom?

I could probably draw out the reactions...though thats not my strong point. There are multiple reactions for each defense as well.

And it IS already on the 32 team rom. There are a lot of other hacks as well. I'll have another update out by next Monday which will include more new offensive plays and slight modifications to the defensive hacks.

I could probably draw out the reactions...though thats not my strong point. There are multiple reactions for each defense as well. And it IS already on the 32 team rom. There are a lot of other hacks as well. I'll have another update out by next Monday which will include more new offensive plays and slight modifications to the defensive hacks.

If there are multiple reactions for each defense don't bother as that would be too much. I'll just do some testing and put pencil to paper old school like. The rom i download was the 28 team one so I must have grabbed the wrong one. I'll go try again. Keep it up. I'm working on an NCAA rom now and might use your 3-4/4-3 rom if that's ok?