#8 Deion Sanders vs #9 Bruce Smith

Knobbe

Who is greater?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is greater?

• Deion Sanders
    • Bruce Smith

ATLDB1.gifVS. BUFDL1.gif

It's Prime Time vs the all-time leader in NFL sacks. A great defensive show down in the lower seeds as the speedy Deion takes on the best DLman. Deion's ratings are a little funny given he didn't go out of his way to tackle anyone and was known for his ball-hawking skills. Bruce Smith might be the most underrated defensive player in the game given that he's LT with 25 instead of 31 for int. If Tecmo had run the 4-3, he might be up there with LT and DT.

greatest-tecmoer.jpg

Seriously They still didn't get Deion Stats right. Ya he should be weak when it comes to hitting power. Overall his Speed and Quickness should be second to none.

With only players like Bo Jackson, Wille Gault, Eric Dickerson, and Darrel Green, being his egual.

I agree about Bruce Smith. I am in a coaches league and he breaks through most opposing OL with ease. Really underrated and overshadowed. If he were to play LB, the Bills could arguably be the best team in the game.

hell yes..... I remember even when I'm SF, Bruce will just plow through the line...you gotta be ready to rocket that ball nearly every play!

Smith gets this because he is the only 75 HP lineman on the game. He is set apart fromt he rest in that fashion whereas Deion is a fast DB w/ average INT. He is no Haddix, no Fulcher and there is only one Bruce Smith.

Smith gets this because he is the only 75 HP lineman on the game. He is set apart fromt he rest in that fashion whereas Deion is a fast DB w/ average INT. He is no Haddix, no Fulcher and there is only one Bruce Smith.

Ok you sold me on Bruce.

Bruce Smith dominates his position. Sanders is top 10 at his position, but he will never be among the talk for the best at his position.

We talking about Real life of just the game here.

Because Deion became the next Darrell Green. Now the say who will be the next PrimeTime. Deion is the current standard of CB. That guys like Champ, Fred Smoot, Adam Jones, and Ty Law are hoping to be like.

What has Fred Smoot ever done to be considered with the likes of Champ Bailey or Deion Sanders? The guy was benched on the Vikings squad for a few games a few seasons ago because he was constantly getting burned. I hear people bring up his name and I cringe.

I picked Deion ftr just because he's Deion.

• 4 weeks later...

Bruce is the reason why the Bills are like the toughest vCOM team to play. While he can most times get to the QB in vMAN games, some variations of the 'no lurching' rule make him ineffective in that role. That still leaves the COM to do with him what it will. But the playability of Deion has to get him the nod.