Tecmo Bowl tournament recap

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

After hosting a couple "original 4-play/12 team" Tecmo Bowl tournaments, a buddy and I recorded a podcast about the events.  

http://tecmobowl-vs-rbi.podomatic.com/entry/2016-07-17T07_20_16-07_00

When we learned that the RetroWorldSeries.com in Houston is holding an original Tecmo Bowl tourney this August, we wanted to see just how well we stacked up vs random opponents.  We put together a couple different events in Omaha, NE and Des Moines, IA.  I won both tournaments going undefeated (13-0).  My friend Cameron from Canada came for the Omaha tourney.  He was also undefeated, and virtually unchallenged by any opponent until I faced him in the title game.  

My friend Nate is on the podcast.   He started 4-0 in Des Moines before he lost by 1 point to the best player outside of our group at either location.  Nate had already beaten him in group play, then lost to him during elimination play (round of 8 ) in a 4 vs 5 seeded match-up.    

I eventually beat that guy in the title game to win my 2nd championship of the year.      

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Noonan who won the 2016 Lincoln, NE TSB tourney and made a deep run at the final Tecmo Madison came out to support and try his hand at original Tecmo.  It came as no surprise to me that he was one of the top players in Des Moines.  He finished 3rd and gave me a tough game in the semifinals.  I think he took home $40 for his efforts.    

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad