defensive players (man controlled positions)

In playing this game over the years since 95(on & off) I have explored it pretty thoroughly. Having said that I've experimented alot of ways to play. But on defense I can honestly say I never have really tried playing as a d-lineman. Unless I was playing a hybrid audible where a lineman moves to line backer or bring my safety to line backer, by the way is cool as joe montana. I never really enjoyed getting grappled off the snap or dropping back off the block trying to make a play.

So I've always mainly used line backers or safeties, hell I never even use corner that much but I do know how to play as a corner, it's just boring. Can't tackle anyone and trying to speed to the recievers off screen can get annoying trying to get a pick. But anyway I was curious do you guys like using a d-lineman or has anyone put in any decent amount of time figuring out the best way to use one? There are some awesome d-lineman on this game and I'd like to really get a pattern down to using them it just seems by the time I've gotten through a block, most of the time the qb has already thrown or a RB has already set the corner or got through up the gut on me. Sorry for long read just wondering do you guys know a formula or is it safety/ 

Line backers for you guys as well.

Later tecmo Bros 

Eric, the guy that posted about the Defense Only Challenge and is an active member of both the TLL and NFTGL spent a lot of time using DL players.

He showed me a gap that you can exploit on certain formations where a DL can shoot through the OL like a middle LB can and get into the backfield and destroy a play. I've played with it a bit but you need a better DL to really make it work.

I do use DL sometimes myself, but I generally prefer to move around the field and use different players based on what play I think was called and what I need to do.

• 2 weeks later...