Centralia, WA - 07/02/16 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 5 (PNWTC5)

manYo

The two last games of the tournament featuring Ted and Grip were perhaps the two best.

Game 1: Ted KC vs Grip MIA 14-14, Stoyanovich lines up for the easy game winner, Derrick Thomas off the line like a sprinter, comes in and DEVASTATES the holder before he can kick it... KC goes on to take it in OT, force a one game for the title...

Game 2: Grip NYJ vs Ted ATL.... 14-7, ATL, Kenny O goes for broke, Deion picks it at the 5, FUMBLES, UNBELIEVABLE, Jets scoop it up and scamper in. OT. No scores. 6TH QUARTER. Leahy finally breaks through.... I expect a further more thorough breakdown from those who lived it but GGs, Great time at the Dojo. Now enjoy the summer and lets crank it back up for SEATTLE. PAC RIM III. September 4th.

Love my Midwest and East Coast Tecmo homies, but maaaaaaaaaaaan, the NW Tecmo scene is THE ILLIST. So excited to be back. To many more gentleman.

Long Live Tecmo

21 hours ago, manyo360 said:

Playoffs starting now, straight double elim tourney, madison-style matchups....

BRACKET: http://challonge.com/pnwtc5Playoffs/participants

STREAM: https://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/

It won't st me access challonge page...

Great tournament! Good to have more guys joining in the mayhem. Finals were epic. Tim McGee and Andre Rison did me in. 

5 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

It won't st me access challonge page...

Great tournament! Good to have more guys joining in the mayhem. Finals were epic. Tim McGee and Andre Rison did me in. 

dont know why you cant access it, I dont see anything in the setting which prevents that, but that link was slightly wrong, try this: http://challonge.com/pnwtc5Playoffs

for now, the un-edited 10+hour video of the tourney can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/v/75844162

names of the guys playing was wrong or missing for the first few rounds, but I was on top of it after that for the most part..... all sounds are edited out by twitch because of the music playing thru my computer..... if anyone wants to volunteer to edit them out, I can add you as an editor, let me know.

The experience of winning the gold medal @ mayhem with my Cardinals would be worth a million bucc's............The expression on Ted's face after Deion's interception/fumble/Jets TD sequence...........................................PRICELESS!!!  That's an emotional rollercoaster I would never wanna be a part of.....................unless maybe I was Gripsmoke.......Tough break Ted.

1 hour ago, manyo360 said:

for now, the un-edited 10+hour video of the tourney can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo/v/75844162

names of the guys playing was wrong or missing for the first few rounds, but I was on top of it after that for the most part..... all sounds are edited out by twitch because of the music playing thru my computer..... if anyone wants to volunteer to edit them out, I can add you as an editor, let me know.

Thanks for posting that, I can help edit some if you need. I just watched my game vs White Tick in the playoffs... and vomited both in my mouth and out a few times.

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

Thanks for posting that, I can help edit some if you need. I just watched my game vs White Tick in the playoffs... and vomited both in my mouth and out a few times.

added you as an editor, feel free to do so, I doubt I would get around to do any until mid-week

• DFM unpinned this topic

~PNWTC5 In Review~

Playoffs, Game #25 -- DET (ted) vs. CIN (tick)

LINKS:

The loser's bracket final (Loser's Conference Championship?) here, and one of my favorite matchup calls in DET/CIN (I assume Ted called it)... Teddy on fire, having recently won 4 straight loser's out games, vs. Tick having a STRONG tourney run and just narrowly losing to Grip in the winner's bracket finals. <PS, check out dudes faces during the panty shot halftime!>

Rather than individually posting all the other games I recently uploaded, let me instead link you to the YouTube playlist where you can find them all:

I have added that link to the first post of this thread as well.  The playlist has pertinent links for info and brackets also, so that all of posterity (your grand-children’s grand-children, at the very least) can try and gain a small semblance of what went down on this epic day.  [On that note, if anyone wants me to take down a video for some privacy reason, let me know… but if that person is Ted, then I’ma take down about half the games, ha!]

If you didn’t get any, or many, of your games recorded, but you want that to change in the future, because watching them can be very helpful in developing your game… I suggest you be more aggressive in getting onto that particular system before each round: the 2 tvs on the backyard side of the room are both capable of being recorded, just not at the same time, there is a switch… or just talk to me about it and I can regulate, as for this tourney I mostly just left it up for grabs.

I also re-uploaded a better quality version of THE FINAL {THRILLA} SUPAH BOWL.  If I ever find the time and inclination, I’d like to do a cut-up of those last 2 Super Bowl games, that was some good shit.  I have vids for several other tournaments in the past I’d like to get around to posting someday, as well as all of the stats and whatnot on a website, and the PNW Tecmo HoF which I’ve spoken to some of you about… but that’s a long-term project, but one which my goal is to complete before next year’s tournament… which I actually am leaning more toward doing around the same time-frame again (July 1, 2017?), fyi.

Until then, I’ll see ya guys at PacRim3, UNLESS, that is… well, stay ready, that’s all I’ll say cuz the Winds of Mayhem are stirring within me still, and you just never know WHAT they are going to kick up, nor WHEN!  Stay tuned…..

LIST OF RECORDED GAMES (and loose *RATINGS* for entertainment value):

• *PNWTC5 Regular Season, R1 (Tecmo Xmas) -- KC (bwagg) vs. PHI (dirty) [w/ preseason player condition checks]
  • ***PNWTC5 Regular Season, R2 (4th of July on the 2nd) -- AFC (vader) vs. NFC (tick) [w/ preseason roster manipulations]
  • **PNWTC5 Regular Season, R3 ("A Tecmo D-Day") -- MIN (vader) vs. DET (ted)
  • ***PNWTC5 Regular Season, R4 ("A Tecmo Labor Day") -- NE (randy) vs. SEA (grip)
  • ****PNWTC5 Regular Season, R5: "A Tecmo Black Friday" -- PHI (grip) vs. RAI (vader)
  • **PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #4 -- MIA (ted) vs. CIN (vader)
  • ****PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #10 -- KC (kamp) vs. CIN (tick)
  • ****PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #13 -- CIN (randy) vs. MIA (dt)
  • **PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #18 -- MIA (ted) vs. DET (burn1) **starts mid-Q1**
  • ***PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #19 -- SD (tick) vs. DET (bwagg)
  • ****PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #21 -- MIA (ted) vs. CIN (bwagg) **2nd half only**
  • **PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #22 -- DEN (manyo) vs CHI (dt)
  • ****PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #23 -- DEN (manyo) vs. RAI (ted)
  • ***PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #24 -- MIA (grip) vs. CIN (tick)
  • **PNWTC5 Playoffs, Game #25 -- DET (ted) vs. CIN (tick)
  • *****PNWTC5: The First Super Bowl -- KC (ted) vs. MIA (grip)
  • *****PNWTC5: THE FINAL {THRILLA} SUPAH BOWL -- NYJ (grip) vs. ATL (ted)

• 3 weeks later...