Weird Glitch

This is from a couple year's back, the night before the last PacRim Seattle Tecmo Tourney hosted by @SirTed who can be heard in this video.

I'm trying to recall how the glitch originated, I used to be able to remember it, but that's no longer the case.

I believe it was a case where Marino threw into the end zone, but his PS made the ball get there before the receiver, but somehow the game registered it as a catch, but in the end zone, but perhaps since the receiver never actually had the ball in the end zone, it was 1st and 99, with the ball placed IN THE END ZONE.

Anyway, here's the vid. Those were good times. One of the big deals that evening was a @manyo360 vs @callmefairf best of 7 battle, since Randolio couldn't make the actual tourney.

@bruddog thought you might like this.

My thoughts as to why what you see happens actually happens.

Until the 4th down play, I'm pretty sure passes were called on offense. Honestly, the play before could have been 2nd and goal, leading to the 3rd and 99.

On the 3rd down play, Marino's dropback takes him out of the back of the endzone, and perhaps the fact that he is dropping back behind the center snap tells the rom not to consider where he is on the field for potentially being IN the end zone. But as you can see, on 4th down, as soon as he gets the ball (I called run 3, that much I do remember) from the center, it's an auto TD as he's in the end zone already when he takes a snap.

I could possibly be misremembering how the glitch started, meaning it might be possible that KC had the ball and had a weird TO leaving it halfway through the end zone, but I don't think that was the case. I have a sense, the force perhaps, that Marino's unique attributes stood out to me as a potential reason this glitch happened in the first place.

@kamphuna8

Ya its the way the game logic works as far as the dropback in the endzone. Since its a pass play it doesn't check for a TD until you cross the line of scrimmage. So you probably could have run around in the endzone in the pass play. as long as you didn't cross the LOS. 

On run plays it instantly checks for TD's as part of the main run play loops.