TSB III Create-a-player fee agency exploit

mmmmmm

I suppose you'd need to specify and then if no one does know we'd need to verify in the game code.

We have 14+ years here worth of posts on the site so this might be known.

Say you want to be the 49ers.  You create a player and overwrite a player that you want to have on your team i.e. Emmitt Smith. Then you turn on control of both teams and go into trade/free agency.  Drop the created Emmitt Smith into free agency and pick him up with the 49ers.  Then delete the created player.  The actual

Emmitt Smith is now on the 49ers.  I have never seen this exploit on any gaming website and I figured that you guys would be the ones to ask.

6 minutes ago, mmmmmm said:

Say you want to be the 49ers.  You create a player and overwrite a player that you want to have on your team i.e. Emmitt Smith. Then you turn on control of both teams and go into trade/free agency.  Drop the created Emmitt Smith into free agency and pick him up with the 49ers.  Then delete the created player.  The actual

Emmitt Smith is now on the 49ers.  I have never seen this exploit on any gaming website and I figured that you guys would be the ones to ask.

At first I thought you were talking about manipulating a created player to gain points or something like that but manipulating the free agency points this way is fairly known I think as I've done so in the past by just playing enough seasons to figure it out. That particular method is about the quickest way of acquiring everyone if you man control the teams.  I've done things like create a 10 point kicker, pick him up, and then max out his kicking ability to get him maxed out in value to drop him for points. It's really a matter of how you want to apply the tricks you figure out.

2 hours ago, mmmmmm said:

This is hilarious and ingenious. I definitely did not know this. @drunken_honkey?

Wouldn't you have to also Sim a season or 2 to get every player you want? Mainly because of the order of free agency is always the same...example afc first and it goes buffalo all the way to the last team in afc west...and then the nfc gets to go through its FA order...and by order I mean teams get to take their turns...

Am I correct guys? 

I don't know.  I've never tried it with Buffalo because they pick first.  I suppose if you want to play a team that picks early you can try to trade players to teams that pick before your chosen team, then sim the seasons and try again if you don't get what you want.  I don't have that kind of patience.

The point is what you want to do.

Honestly you can have practically the players you want in the tean you desire IF you have the patience to do it.

There are simple ways like the one you describe, or very complex ways to do it, if you want to have more balance.

I've actually posted about this before...

I have a cart I use to practice against where I took the best players at every position, across every team, and used this method to put them all on one team (in one off season) and then i play seasons against that team.

The trick has been posted about on previous posts, numerous times though, so it's not new. I actually learned about it here as well.

I have a list I could post of how to manipulate created player FA pt values as well. But this is only helpful if all the min value guys have been signed out of FA. If you make a created player with all 6's he has the min FA value, which lines up with at least 1 base FA player at every position. But if you're playing over a long period of time with many active teams, those min value guys will disappear, so you need to figure out how to make guys of higher value.

The reason for this is that you can make two created players and trade them (in some cases this will actually make the trades more likely to go through) and if the trade doesn't go through, if you want to cleanly move them via FA they need to both be the same FA value (and share that value with a guy in FA).

So if people wanted/needed that info, I could post what I have on my cheat sheet. (The base of it though is that a guy with all 6's as stats will be worth the base value. If you make them all 13's it will go up a bump, if you increase to all 19's, it will go up again, etc.)

• 1 year later...

yeah learned about that since the mid-late 90s. it would be tougher for teams like the bills which u would have to get the player next season. would be nice to see a code for easy trading or somethin on the snes version. genesis is easier to get trades due to the all man control thing plus re doing trades by resetting the game when u go into free agency.

Edited by kefkaroth

• 2 weeks later...

At some point, as the NFTGL continues along and we continue tracking all of our successful trades I'll post a list of the SNES auto trades we've discovered.

They're not absurd like the crappy back up for Steve Young kind of stuff as we have player values and trading rules, but we've discovered a number of trades that work almost 100% of the time.

There are other factors in trading though. The # of teams involved in trading, and the attempts put through. If multiple teams target the same player, etc... So many factors to go along with the RNG of it.

That being said... it's also possible that it's just straight up RNG, but I've done hundreds of off seasons (maybe thousands) of trade testing with various teams and I believe the factors listed above are a big deal.

• 3 months later...

Early on when looking for hex locations I stumbled onto the GameShark Codes for TSBIII.  I have to go back and research but there's a way to uncover the hex location in the rom from those codes.  It was way before I had any real understanding of hex, so I never utilized the information.  This is something that is definitely something I will revisit.  Believe there's a way to hack the rom to make it unlimited points.  We will need to do this for the option we are adding over the Create-a-player.  I know it might not seem like a smart move, but once people see what we are adding in it's place, I think they'll be okay with it.  If I uncover enough code would like to keep it and add the new feature. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2017 at 10:40 AM, TecSpectre said:

At some point, as the NFTGL continues along and we continue tracking all of our successful trades I'll post a list of the SNES auto trades we've discovered.

They're not absurd like the crappy back up for Steve Young kind of stuff as we have player values and trading rules, but we've discovered a number of trades that work almost 100% of the time.

There are other factors in trading though. The # of teams involved in trading, and the attempts put through. If multiple teams target the same player, etc... So many factors to go along with the RNG of it.

That being said... it's also possible that it's just straight up RNG, but I've done hundreds of off seasons (maybe thousands) of trade testing with various teams and I believe the factors listed above are a big deal.

it would be even greater if someone can hack and patch easy methods to get any player thru the trade(if its possible). but i still prefer the genesis version a bit more.

• 3 years later...