Can I make my own from a older verison?

This may have been asked but I did a search and couldn't find it. I want to make a "All Time Greatest" for STB NES. Can I use the 2015 version and change the players names and stats or do I need to use the original? Only problem is the extra teams are already added in the 2015 and I am not sure how to do that. I looked at the code but I rather spend my time researching players other than figuring out something that's already available to me.  I am just wanting to make sure that I am not going to get in trouble for doing this. Also one other question my friends are wanting me to make them copies when I finish and get it on a cartridge can I sell them a copy because I am not buying all the mats to make them all games if I cant get my money back, not worried about my friends but I am thinking ahead about friends of there friends and I don't want to get in any trouble really. My last questions is the stats on the TSBTool Supreme is there a page that describes what each are? I guess RS is run speed, RP run power, MS?, HP hit power, etc. there is quite a few I don't know what they are.