Question from a well read knob

Curtaincall

I am no expert in tsbiii. I played much much tecmo bowl in college. Bowl left, Marcus deep! I have read a lot of these threads and you guys are a wonderful resource, I've gotten much better. I haven't seen a thread about a study of the rapid gaining of PA points in man or coach modes. If you are in man, does your created player get more if you use him more? In coach does he get more if you feature him? Excellent vs average? Many thanks.

18 hours ago, Curtaincall said:

I am no expert in tsbiii. I played much much tecmo bowl in college. Bowl left, Marcus deep! I have read a lot of these threads and you guys are a wonderful resource, I've gotten much better. I haven't seen a thread about a study of the rapid gaining of PA points in man or coach modes. If you are in man, does your created player get more if you use him more? In coach does he get more if you feature him? Excellent vs average? Many thanks.

If you create a player usually the number of points you got is determined since the beginning. The only problem is that you don't know how much this gonna be.

Let´s say that you create Johnny Unitas in the spot of the second QB of the Colts team. At first you receive amount of points to create your player, if you think those points are not good enough to start, get out to the menu screen and start again. You can repeat this as many times as you want to have the number of points at the beginning you think is good enough TO START. One important think is that the game gives you a maximum of starting points when you creat a player according to the position.

Well, you create Unitas, now the second step is using him and have good numbers to receive more points. The amount of points can be acquired in one or several seasons, but once you have 3 games without gaining points, ypu will not receive anymore. If the result at the end of this doesn´t please you, you can start all over again.

Now. here´s the way to do it a lot faster if you don't want to develope your player. You creat Unitas and you let SKIP all the season long, finish the playoffs and you return to the create player screen and you will see how many points your player received, you use those points and run another season... this way until you don't receive points.

Consider there are times that after you receive your first bunch of points you won't receive anymore, so restart that player, and if the player you are creating is by example CB4, he is not going to see so much action, so it's more difficult to acquire his points. But usually a SKIP mode gives you the points.

It's true that you start with a random (but known) number of points. You earn points by accumulating counting stats. At some point, you stop earning points, and for every player it's different.

I disagree with the "3 games without receiving points" bit. The only factor is when you hit the invisible ceiling, determined when you create the player. The only position I've seen max out are OL, although I came close with an RB once.

4 hours ago, Curtaincall said:

Btw, anyone got a chart of max starting PA points by position?

Not a chart but I remember that a QB can receive 3 complete lines and 3 quarters of the 4th line points to use and distribute them in the attributes you want.

I cant remember exactly, but the other players the maximum is 3 lines and just the beginning of the 4th line of points to use.

I must warm you that when you receive the maximum points, your player cant get more points when you use him.

I also don't have a chart... but some tips for maxing out players faster without having to play through the games to get there...

If you just make a bunch of created players and sim through seasons, those guys will gain pts..

I generally will make the full roster of created players, then sim a season, sometimes i'll stop it around half way and check pts on guys. Upgrade them and keep going.

If guys stop gaining pts while skp gaming them, i delete them and remake them. (This will also cause a glitch that will change the next player down on the created player screen to 0).

If you just do this over a bunch of seasons you can easily create a super team of mostly maxxed or close to maxxed players.

This method is FAR easier to level up created players for use later.

UNLESS, of course, your goal is to actually play up and level all the guys yourselves, but this can be tough for a number of positions.

10 hours ago, Curtaincall said:

Makes me wonder if there is an ideal "starting point" for each position. If max at the beginning equals no improvement....I read a post mentioning starting with the least and getting most in the long run.....

Well there is NOT an iideal "starting point" man. It´s more like random, maybe luck I don´t know sometimes you start with just a few points with a CB (probably less than a line of points to use) and he becomes better than Deion Sanders or CB Cardinals (aka Dick Lane "Nightrain") but sometimes the CPU gives you 5 o 6 more points and thats it.

For that reason if you dont want to lose that time run the seasons as SKP and at the end realizae how much you get.

As TecSpectre said, you can skip a part of the season (maybe till week 9) and check out how many points you got.

That´s the quickest and less frustrating way to do it...

Anything just ask man!

One other side note is that the computer will often bench created players (and cut them in FA if you let them).

So, for instance, if you make a full team of created players over its base roster, the backups will generally get points more slowly than the starters.

Also, based on gameplay experience, created players do not play the same as regular players. You could, for instance, take a player, make a created player over that player with the exact same stats as the original player, and the created player will be better. Even a created player with all 6's can be a very solid KR (outside of fumbling issues).

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I like to create a QB and put him on the bench to start the season until the starter gets hurt or he just starts playing awful then I will bring in my created qb. Does this mean if I keep him as a backup until like 6 weeks in that he's done on gaining points to build attributes? I don't know the answer to this because my created qb is pretty bad ass already but I have noticed at seasons end he won't have any experience points..I don't check weekly because it screws up my o line and dbs

No. Being inactive has no bearing on whether he is "done" developing. I think this is determined when you create the player. Of course the ceiling is unknown to you at the time.

To TecSpectre's point about KR, you can't gain any pts on PR/KR. So although you can play a created player there, he won't get better till he's in plays from scrimmage and accruing stats.