Tecmo NBA Legends (working title)

I'm putting my 1942 RBI Baseball MLB + Negro League title on the back-burner for the time-being and working on a mod of the NES game "Tecmo NBA Basketball."  It will have a legends theme to it, with the best/most famous players in the history of each team being featured.  Using TileLayer Pro, I've edited a few of the player avatar tiles to include afros (see Walt Frazier, below).

If anybody is curious as to who is featured on their favorite team, reply in this thread and I'll post a screen-shot.  This will help me with any possible omissions.  I was thorough in my research, but it's possible I may have overlooked somebody.

frazier.png

knicks.png

Just wondering who the Lakers Legends would be. A lot to choose from. Here would be my Roster...

The Lakers bench could be a whole other team.  Pau Gasol probably would not play much because you could pair any of the centers together and have a twin towers type lineup.  I think my favorite Lineup would be Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Elgin Baylor, James Worthy and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  That would be the closest thing to the '80's showtime Lakers that I grew up watching.  Still the best basketball I have ever seen.  They could play fast, slow, lock down defensively what ever style was needed. As much as I respect the 90's Bulls teams, I think the Showtime Lakers in their prime (1984 - 1988) would beat those Jordan lead teams.  The '91 team the Lakers sent to the Finals against the Bulls should not have gotten past Portland and was old and slow. In fact they called that team Slowtime as opposed to Showtime. Anyway here is what I think the Lineup should look like.

Starters

PG - Magic Johnson

SG - Kobe Bryant

SF- Elgin Baylor

PF- Pau Gasol

C- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Reserves

G - Jerry West

G - Gail Goodrich

F- James Worthy

F- Jamaal Wilkes

C- Wilt Chamberlain

C - Shaquille O'neal

C/F - George Mikan

@TecmoSuperFan I kinda cheated a little with the Hornets.  Because of their shallow history and lack of depth, I used the original Hornets, the Pelicans, and the present-day Hornets.  I even broke one of my rules, choosing the team that the player was on the longest, and put Alonzo Mourning as the starting Center (when he should have been on the Heat).  The roster is below.

@TheFes75 Our lineups were almost identical with only a few exceptions.  I've got A.C. Green on the team, but he's been on the bubble.  I'm going to revisit that selection, versus Pau Gasol, when I get to rating the team.  Also, I've got Wilt Chamberlain in the game, but he's on the Warriors.  The roster is below.

lakers.png

hornets.png