Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

4 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

yeah, coconuts, manyo and I asked, but then we recanted and asked not to know to keep the mystery alive. I guess it's too late now. It really felt like it was rarer than 50% but code don't lie.

well at least we still dont know the probability of seeing THE TWATRO, aka all 4 girls halftime show..... that is always a most fortuitous wind from the tecmo gods, and i dont wanna hear no 25% bs cuz all i know is they are there at the exact time i need them, and no other.

• DFM unpinned this topic
11 hours ago, JimSocks13 said:

Made a quick video from the few minutes of footage I got this year. Sorry it took so long, just been pretty busy. Thanks again to not only Josh, Chet, and the whole Madison crew but the entire Tecmo community as well. 

“It was a train full of strangers, and they were all the same.”

Awesome work!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So can I get a little primer on how madison was set up?  Been reading a bit about the groups here.  Were they created to give a well rounded set of elite, good, and average players in each group? 

Was the tournament a field of 128 or just 64 that's shown on the madison site?   

57 minutes ago, Tecmo-Mad-Brad said:

So can I get a little primer on how madison was set up?  Been reading a bit about the groups here.  Were they created to give a well rounded set of elite, good, and average players in each group? 

Was the tournament a field of 128 or just 64 that's shown on the madison site?   

The field was 256+. Groups are weighted and seeded to provide as much disparity as possible, as you mentioned. The round of 64 is when the bracket starts!

You can see the entire field and individual groups here: http://www.tecmomadison.com/Competitions/Tecmo-XII

20 hours ago, davefmurray said:

The field was 256+. Groups are weighted and seeded to provide as much disparity as possible, as you mentioned. The round of 64 is when the bracket starts!

You can see the entire field and individual groups here: http://www.tecmomadison.com/Competitions/Tecmo-XII

Thanks.  That's a great format...a mini regional tourney developed to get 2 guys into the actual tourney.  What about the seeding for the field of 64? Was that a traditional type of deal where the 3-0 guys all get seeded based on PF/PA difference, then go from there for the runner ups...or was some other method used to bracket them? 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...