Green Bay, WI - 01/30/16 - Retro4Ever.com presents Tundra Bowl III

Thank God the score isn't visible. Coconuts is a beast and made me feel like I never played the game before but $250 USD helped my bruised ego.

Thanks to the retro guys for a really fun tournament and I'm glad I was fortunate enough to have about a +30 fumble ratio and make a final before this tourney blows up in number of participants. 

On 1/30/2016 at 8:35 PM, RetroNathan said:
On 1/30/2016 at 8:35 PM, RetroNathan said:

IMG_6405.JPG

Ha, stopped reading at "Techmo", didn't see "Bowel" until just now.  For our tournament in Detroit we were on their marquee as "Tecno Bowl".  It's tradition. 

Wait, Joe Diffie is playing there? 

2 hours ago, toolie said:

Ha, stopped reading at "Techmo", didn't see "Bowel" until just now.  For our tournament in Detroit we were on their marquee as "Tecno Bowl".  It's tradition. 

Wait, Joe Diffie is playing there? 

Yep, they have a ton of concerts there, some bigger ones. I think they had 2,400 people at one of them. 

Just want to send out a huge thank you for all of you that came to and promoted the event! We had a new record of 54 participants this year, and that number is bound to dramatically increase next year! I wanted to send out a few quick notes as a wrap to Tundra Bowl III. 

*Congratulations to Josh (Coconuts) on his victory, and on becoming the third different champion of Tundra Bowl! Congratulations also goes out to Nick (Gio), Troy (Prime Time), Levi and Tim U. on their 2nd-4th place and Consolation Bracket championship, respectively. 

*WFRV Channel 5 came and interviewed me for Tundra Bowl, but due to time constraints of the newscast, the interview was cut for our coverage. Regardless, we got a 20-second spot in the newscast, and we're grateful for Channel 5 being able to make it out to our tournament. The coverage can be found here: http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/tecmo-bowl-tournament

*A complete recap and write-up will be available on our new website (www.tundrabowl.com) launches in February. Thank you once again to all of you for your feedback, participation, and interest in Tundra Bowl! It's the nation's second-largest tournament because of all of you, and we seriously can't thank you enough. We hope to see you all in Madison!

Edited by RetroNathan

• DFM unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...