Tecmo Bowl den

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Moved into our new home back around thanksgiving, and I'm finally getting around to decking out our Tecmo Bowl themed basement.  Posters, mini-helmets, Mcfarlanes, and various memorabilia from the 12 teams that were on the original Tecmo Bowl are the feature here.  This is all displayed in what will likely amount to a rough draft as I get more stuff out and put in place....things will probably move around some.   

The view from the kitchen area

room_zpsr8gjmgj2.jpg

Our Tecmo set up and backdrop.  

tv_zpscalkra4a.jpg

browns%20close_zpst9nh9nfn.jpg

Browns commemorative division champs ball

Browns/Broncos area

Browns_zpsj8nhuegv.jpg

Dan Marino corner of the world

marino_zpssq7el8ov.jpg

Broncos commemorative mug

broncos_zpsb096jjud.jpg

colts_zpscrtkjntq.jpg

Various Colts items

Mini Giants poster with all the play-makers and an uncirculated 80's set of playoff tickets

giants_zpsqvdiz3bp.jpg

Replica Super Bowl rings for the Bears/G-men from 85/86

rings_zpsadj2nibu.jpg

I've got a few themes in mind...one of which is for the Bears dynasty that never happened.  I collected uncirculated playoff tickets for the Bears from 86/87/88.  I have a bears SB 20 champs poster and few other items to piece all together as a reminder of what they failed to achieve despite having possibly the greatest defensive run over a 3 year span that anyone had ever seen.

The Seahakws/Broncos match-up in original Tecmo is by far the most evenly matched of all.  That's going to be on the list.  

I have a lot of stuff from the Bears/Giants 1987 season opener on MNF.  The media frenzy from a worldwide standpoint surrounding that game and all the countries that sent people over to cover it was quite amazing considering it was a regular season game back in those days.  

Also need to roll out my 3 ft by 4ft Bo Jackson vinyl banner this week and get it ready to hang.  Massive piece in black and white and I think Bo is hurdling a Broncos defender if I remember right.