Indianapolis, IN - 06/20/15 - Tecmo Indy I

DStach

We would've appreciated attribution regarding the name, either on the site or this thread. Coming up with ~600 tournament names was a labor of love, and we're not necessarily opposed to people using one of our published names, but asking first or providing a shout-out to its origins would be appreciated: http://www.tecmomadison.com/FutureNames.

This would be akin to what we ask when groups use our rules.

That said, we're always excited to see new tournaments within driving distance cropping up. Maybe one day there will be Tecmo tourney every week somewhere in this country.

As I stated on Twitter earlier today, I credit the Madison staff with inspiring all aspects of the Indy tournament. Without your tournament, ours would perhaps not exist.

However, I gave no "attribution" for the name because, as unlikely as it may seem, I came up with it on my own. I was not aware that list existed on your website until this morning when you tweeted it out, and additionally, posted it here. I saw the name you used for the past Madison tournament and thought it was a brilliant idea. Before I announced our tournament, I pulled the Colts roster and spent an evening searching for names. If I could have saved myself the time and effort and just used one of yours and given you credit or asked permission, I would have.

I will apologize for using your tournament as a direct inspiration for ours and for trying to incorporate similar themes into ours. I will also apologize for copying your rules and for not requesting "permission" to do so. I have removed the tournament name from all media, as well as, the Madison rule set from our website and tournament. Further more, I will research your website fully and refrain from using any information contained on it in our tournament and media in the future.

We know that people peruse our list for laughs, and wouldn't mind if someone used one of the names for their tourney, as long as they included a footnote about where it came from. It's quite unlikely that we will host 589 more tourneys, so it's better if one is used somewhere rather than never used at all.

Since you came up with it on your own, then the point above is moot. As you can tell, we're a bit sensitive about this, as a few groups have lifted our rules and format verbatim, and presented as their own. I apologize for leaping to that conclusion here.

So, in short: Please use the name. It's a cool name. And best of luck with the tournament.

I'm in. I'm sure I can round up some of the Tecmohio boys to come with. Looking forward to it!

I didn't see anything on here or your website... I assume you may need some participants to provide TVs, systems, etc. I can provide some of these materials if needed (email works).

We know that people peruse our list for laughs, and wouldn't mind if someone used one of the names for their tourney, as long as they included a footnote about where it came from. It's quite unlikely that we will host 589 more tourneys, so it's better if one is used somewhere rather than never used at all.

Since you came up with it on your own, then the point above is moot. As you can tell, we're a bit sensitive about this, as a few groups have lifted our rules and format verbatim, and presented as their own. I apologize for leaping to that conclusion here.

So, in short: Please use the name. It's a cool name. And best of luck with the tournament.

I dropped the ball man. My bad. I have added a few names and tecmo slang to the community like "james brooks was here and so was red" and thd gift that keeps on giving "oh no ickey". I used the name a "few dollars more" cuz it was a perfect name.since we raised players bounties in our buffalo tecmo tourney. I shoulda of asked first but the tecmo gods acted swiftly already. 1 game me vs dt. I had 6 to 7 fumbles, lost1 4th qtr would be go-ahead fg blocked...and.next possesion i.blocked his game winning fg but he scooped it up 4 the 1st down. Take a penny leave a penny= Dt thought about some more names.like The Un-forGIVINS....some mine are I've got a dollar and a Russ Grimm, Bad Bad leroy hoard his condtion is badder than the whole damn town,

Nah Louis -- wasn't referring to the badass Bounty tourney with arguably the best tourney poster I've seen. Will you guys keep having that with Mort bound for Ohio?

Yes I plan on it.  I'll just have to shoulder the responsibility of getting things organized with Mort in Ohio. We had a guy from alabama and 4 guys from canada play (the 3 allison brothers). Dt gets pick the out format and naming rights next year since he won. And his bounty goes up!!! Jason P. (laztlain) of lockport brought his 4 cyclinder 73 horsepower army jeep out. maybe an army theme next year. 

Does everyone make the tournament pool play? I'm in a wee bit of a predicament. I will most likely be in Indy that day for a work meeting. However, the meeting is from 8-4.......

I feel it cheap to not be present for pool play and ask for forfeits so I can participate in the double elim, but also unfortunate not to be able to participate seeing as I'm in town.

Thoughts?

Yeah, everyone will be in the double elimination tournament bracket. We are using pool play before hand to determine seeding into the bracket. And to be able to guarantee more games for everyone attending. Since it's our first year and we aren't looking at an absolute ton of attendees, I saw no reason to exclude anyone from the bracket.

If you do want to attend, but are unable to make the pool play before hand, you will just be seeded at the bottom.

Don't flake out like Columbus bro....  ;)

Lol i'll be there 

***SICK BURN***

...s'all good Louis. Did you ever get your t-shirt for the Columbus tourney Louis? If not, I have an extra.

Nope..ty it good go with my johnny johnson tecmo shirt