Slingshot Effect??

TheFes75

On The ORIGINAL TECMO BOWL does anyone know, or has anyone tried to find a way to eliminate the "slingshot effect" that takes place when a defender is near an offensive player that has been thrown the ball on a slant or curl.  I have seen other posts that talk about trying to "eliminate" unstoppable plays, but what if you could take away the "sling shot effect" instead?

Does anyone on these boards have any idea what in the Hex code makes the player "slingshot" away from the intended receiver on slants and curls. I have worked on some ROMS but usually just changing stats, names, colors and player attributes.  

I wonder if there is a hex number that say at 00 there is no "slingshot" or at FF is max "slingshot", or if the game takes into account the players Max Speed vs the WR special attribute (controls the speed of the pass). It seems to me that the faster the defender and the slower the pass the further he is pushed away.  I get pushed away farther when I use Ronnie Lott, than say if I use Dwaine Board with a weak armed QB (WR's special attribute).

Any info or help would be great, I can recognize certain Hex Code on the Original Tecmo Bowl now that I have worked on some of these ROMS, but I have no idea how to look for something like what I'm asking above.

Edited by TheFes75

Taking that out would be a great advancement for the game.  My buddy and I have a rule that if the game swings your defender around the receiver on a ball that by all rights the defender should intercept, then we rule it an INT.  Sometimes we have to go to the VCR replay to make sure it was legit slingshot though.     

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...