qbvikings

SNES Tecmo Super Bowl 2013-14

49 posts in this topic

Attached is the QBVIKINGS 2013-14 Preaseason Preview Tecmo Super Bowl ROM for SNES.

Rosters are accurate as of July 7. Position Battles and rookie starters are purely my prediction.

Kaepernick is very fast, see if you can stop him!

Thanks to MRNFL for creating the original base rom.

SNESTecmo Super Bowl 2013-2014.rar

Edited by qbvikings

i downloaded it but it doesn't pop in my emulator.Maybe cause its a Rar file??

Having a blast with this Rom, QBV!

Overcame a big 4th-qtr deficit (scoring 2 TDs in a 25-second span, within the final 39 seconds of play) to win 31-30 over Carolina, and start my 1st season - with the Jets - 3-1...
(They'd better play Geno, 'cause he's on a roll!!!)

Every game's a challenge, and I like that. Thanks!

Edited by ToonSpielmanODFaves

this is awesome man!!!! there was a glitch during a game, im not sure if you're aware of it! I was playing as the 49ers against the Ravens and on a punt return to end the half Jacoby Jones muffed it, and the game just stayed stuck in fumble mode. the ball just stayed on the field and the players just kept surrounding it like bees. haha

this is awesome man!!!! there was a glitch during a game, im not sure if you're aware of it! I was playing as the 49ers against the Ravens and on a punt return to end the half Jacoby Jones muffed it, and the game just stayed stuck in fumble mode. the ball just stayed on the field and the players just kept surrounding it like bees. haha

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm... Have not heard of that happening in an snes rom. Let me know if it happens again.

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm... Have not heard of that happening in an snes rom. Let me know if it happens again.

Also too, I noticed in season mode that the teams aren't in the right divisions? are you still fixing that part?

Qbviking I downloaded the link you provided and I reinstalled the rom, but the problem I'm having is when I attempt to unzip it an error code pops up. Any suggestion?

Qbviking I downloaded the link you provided and I reinstalled the rom, but the problem I'm having is when I attempt to unzip it an error code pops up. Any suggestion?

that has to be your unzipping program. you'll have to try winzip or WinRAR. whatever program you don't have.

Also too, I noticed in season mode that the teams aren't in the right divisions? are you still fixing that part?

Unfortunately with snes that is what it is. If you want all 32 teams, correct schedules and divisions, download the 2013-14 rom I created, which is much better in my opinion.

I tried several times to unzip it... unsuccessful

Have you tried using winzip? Also instead of right clicking you can click on the zipped icon and just drag the rom out of the folder manually.

Unfortunately with snes that is what it is. If you want all 32 teams, correct schedules and divisions, download the 2013-14 rom I created, which is much better in my opinion.

EDIT: nevermind, I found the NES rom, its awesome man. Thanks for all your time and dedication. I am showing it off to all of my friends. They are super pumped. I do like the play of the SNES rom better, I guess I just always enjoyed SNES more. too bad you cant change the divisions. :(

Edited by theprez1985

You should check the SNES resource thread...I have a few versions on there with HD player models (read: a 3rd uniform color/sock color), and also a contributed ROM that has generic endzones that just say "Tecmo" so you don't have to edit the graphics for each team.

Tecmoturd is their anyway to change up the roster from a sansung s3 phone? If their a way I can do my version of your rom for 2013-2014 and add a link here.

Very nice ROM. Very well made from my perspective. I know how difficult making the new logos are, but the one thing that bothers me is that you are missing 4 teams. And i know, you could only fit so much. But in the future, try to find a way to fit all 32 teams. Missing teams: Oakland, St. Louis, Detroit, and Kansas City. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DT.
      Here we go. We're actually doing it. We're gonna let Johnny Johnson run wild in the Beaver (state).

SirTed and I will be crossing the mighty Columbia to bring the Tecmo heat into the Rose City. Even though Gripsmoke and Tailback King are the only Tecmoers to make much noise out of P-town (one with his play, the other with his spray), they are both HOFers, and Oregon is due for some hot Tecmo action.

WHEN
      January 28th, 2017
      (The Saturday between the Conference Championships and the Superbowl)

WHERE
      Ground Kontrol 511 NW Couch St, Portland, OR 97029
      (The first Bar-Arcade I was ever aware of... or we might hold it somewhere else... we ain't hollered at them yet)

WHAT
      Tecmo Super Bowl... and more...
      (get some)

WYMAN
      well...

Seattle has juice and Centralia is... centrally located, but it's time to mix it up and let Portland get some shine. The City of Roses. Bridgetown. Rip City. PDX. One of the jewels of the region and home to something in the sports world we are sorely lacking in Seattle- NBA Basketball.

Ted and I will be parlaying our journey South into Friday Night Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trailblazers action 1/27. Hope you can join us.

AND This tournament will not just be a Tecmo Super Bowl showdown. In honor of Clyde the Glide, Terry Porter, and Rick Adelman's mustache, this event will also feature a Tecmo NBA Basketball Tournament. RIP CITY

WHERE YOU AT TBK!? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(as if there was any doubt... I'm already putting you on the list, best make it happen)

1. Gripsmoke
      2. Tailback King
      3. DT
      4. SirTed 
      5. Kamphuna
      6. Manyo
      7. Tick
      8. Xtra Largent
      9. '91 Huskies
      10. The Walrus
      11. SuperSonics
      12. Coach Pearson
      13. GoBlue84
      14. WHO ELSE??

Shout out your presence here in the forum or message me or SirTed up! This is your chance to be a part of the FIRST MAJOR PORTLAND TECMO Tournament and the FIRST TECMO NBA BASKETBALL Tournament!
    • By TheRaja
      Hey all. Im working on my yearly TFO Rom and last season I started to give away the prize of placing text on the Tecmo Blimp that appears at halftime. So since I have my notes and couldn't find this on the boards I wanted to post it for others... and so I won't lose it next season when I do this all again

So I like to think of the Tecmo Blimp as having 2 Lines of 10 "Spots". These spots are filled in with 8x8 pixel images. There are 16 available characters to use in these spots (not counting spaces). You would need to go in and EDIT these with your own images/letters/characters to appear on the blimp and one could have MORE spots by doing some edits on their own but I stick with the 16 as I haven't had an issue with it.

I know there is more "real estate" on the blimp that could be used but since it shares a pallet with the background clouds I just stick with the two 10 character lines.

CHARACTER GRAPHIC SPOTS (17 total counting Space/Blank)
      03 = Space/Blank (DO NOT OVERWRITE)
      0B = Left Part of Helmet Icon
      0F = Right Part of Helmet Icon
      1D = E (blue)
      37 = C (blue)
      39 = T (blue)
      3D = M (blue)
      3E = O (blue)
      3F = S (pink)
      41 = U (pink)
      42 = P (pink)
      43 = E (pink)
      44 = R (pink)
      45 = B (pink)
      46 = O (pink)
      47 = W (pink)
      48 = L (pink)

SPOTS AVAILABLE ON THE BLIMP (2 Lines of 10)
      1ST: LINE: 0x1446c   0x1446d   0x1447b   0x1447c   0x1447d   0x1447e   0x1448c   0x1448d   0x1448e   0x1448f
      2ND LINE: 0x14470   0x14471   0x1447f   0x14480   0x14481   0x14482   0x14490   0x14491   0x14492   0x14493

PALLET LOCATION (3 colors)
      BLUE: 0x1a02d
      PINK:  0x1a02e
      WHITE:  0x1a02f (DO NOT CHANGE)
      [Recommended not to mess with the white as the rest of the blimp's white spots share the same pallet as the clouds in the background]

Attached is TFO 2016's Blimp Have fun!!!!

• By Baron von Lector
      View File NCAA: TSB 2016
      I have been sitting on this ROM for almost a year before finally releasing it.

This is a collaborative effort between myself and Dave Murray.  The ROM was originally finished at the end of the 2015-16 NCAA football season and is based on said season.  Unless I missed anything, all instances of "NFL" have been removed from the game and replaced with NCAA logos, so that the game will have an authentic college football feel.

There are 32-teams on the ROM, with each team having their own helmet art included on their team data screens (helmet art courtesy of Dave Murray).  These lucky 32 teams are:
      Florida State Clemson Pittsburgh Miami Missouri Georgia South Carolina Florida Auburn Texas A&M Louisiana State Alabama Syracuse Louisville Virginia Tech Notre Dame Michigan Nebraska Ohio State Wisconsin Oklahoma Kansas State Baylor Oklahoma State Stanford South California UCLA Oregon Texas Iowa Michigan State Penn State  
      The rosters and ratings were set at the end of the season so they would reflect performances throughout the season.  Again, this ROM is a year old in terms of rosters.  However, perhaps this ROM can set the groundwork as a base-ROM for future releases.
      Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 10/20/2016 Category Misc ROMs  
    • By Baron von Lector
      I have been sitting on this ROM for almost a year before finally releasing it.

This is a collaborative effort between myself and Dave Murray.  The ROM was originally finished at the end of the 2015-16 NCAA football season and is based on said season.  Unless I missed anything, all instances of "NFL" have been removed from the game and replaced with NCAA logos, so that the game will have an authentic college football feel.

There are 32-teams on the ROM, with each team having their own helmet art included on their team data screens (helmet art courtesy of Dave Murray).  These lucky 32 teams are:
      Florida State Clemson Pittsburgh Miami Missouri Georgia South Carolina Florida Auburn Texas A&M Louisiana State Alabama Syracuse Louisville Virginia Tech Notre Dame Michigan Nebraska Ohio State Wisconsin Oklahoma Kansas State Baylor Oklahoma State Stanford South California UCLA Oregon Texas Iowa Michigan State Penn State  
      The rosters and ratings were set at the end of the season so they would reflect performances throughout the season.  Again, this ROM is a year old in terms of rosters.  However, perhaps this ROM can set the groundwork as a base-ROM for future releases.
    • By TecmoSuperBros
      It is with great excitement that Two Brothers Productions announces the debut of its first project, Tecmo Super Bros.

Tecmo, a Japanese video game corporation, created a game franchise known as Tecmo Super Bowl in 1991 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. With success came a sequel sharing the same title, this one for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. With not an ounce of hyperbole I say to you that this game is one of the greatest sports games of all time. Though it has been far surpassed when it comes to complexity and cinematography in video games since its early 90's inception, you feel nothing but entertained when playing it. It is on this notion that Two Brothers Productions decided that it would also be entertaining to watch the game be played.

Tecmo Super Bros will be a season long thrill ride full of ups and downs, heart ache and triumph, and victory and defeat as you follow two teams, The New York Giants and the San Diego Chargers on their quests to be the 1991 Super Bowl Champions. Every game each of these two teams play will be brought to you with play by play commentary by one of our tremendous duos of broadcasters, which include some of the best names in the business such as likely future award winners Dick Region and Taint Supper. With great commentators bringing you great games every week, Tecmo Super Bros is sure to entertain during the lulls in the action on football Sundays.

The Tecmo Super Bros season is set to kickoff with the NFL season, releasing the 1991 week 1 contests of the Giants and the Chargers at noon and 7 respectively on Sunday, September 11.

FIRST TRAILER OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!!